ProfJacob
301202K

Some of the Bible is not true

ProfJacob

ProfJacob

Pro

Rules

Note: If either I or Con fails to comply with the following rules, 7-points will automatically deducted from that rule-breaker.

1. No plagiarism; Don't copy someone else's work and claim it as your own.

2. You may only troll when things get completely out of hand.

Presentations

1. According to the Bible, if you pray in the Lord's name, your prayer shall come true. However, some pray, every day, and yet, their prayer doesn't come true. There were no restrictions. If there were so, it should have been listed.

2. If God is so merciful, why do even Christians suffer to death? If he's merciful, he wouldn't let someone suffer to death. According to the Bible, pain strengthens and God establishes you. However, if you suffer to death, you won't be able to use that, as it's useful. And, God wants us with him? In that case, why didn't he just created us in Heaven?
301202K

Con

1: your argument was that every day people pray to god and do not receive an answer. The reasoning behind this ironically, can be found in Bruce Almighty. In the movie, a man who takes gods place gets so tired of all the prayers that he simply accepts them all. Chaos ensues, as we are human beings, we want certain things. I am sure many Christians would not mind winning the lottery, or a new car, or their family home back to life. Granting all these requests would throw the world and its economy into chaos, and people would become Christians because they want something and know they will literally get what they want. In the bible, when Jesus Christ taught his disciples to pray, he did not ask for anything literal or economical, but that gods will be done, forgiveness, and for subsidence for that day. Even when Jesus prayed, he eventually stated "thy will be done". We ask for things, and god may or may not give us at least an opportunity for them. What is important is that we communicate when we pray.
2. Your second argument was why Christians suffered into death, and why god did not just create us in heaven. Christians do not truly suffer unto death, in the words of one of the first great evangelists "to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain. We are born with a new life, a spiritual one. If you are looking for a more "logical" answer, the let me state this. I don't know of any man or woman that is not willing to die for one they love. We should be equally willing to lay down our lives for the faith that holds up our very being. Finally, just look at what happened when just one who believed died, (although he rose again). Jesus changed the world with his disciples, and almost three quarters of them died. Finally, we were originally created in heaven, as Eden translates into the word for Paradise. We screwed it up, and a perfect God cannot be around sin, he would e forced to turn his gaze away. Fortunately, we are given this life to turn our eyes upon Jesus so that god can look at us and bring us into his kingdom.
ProfJacob

Pro

Rebuttals

"1: your argument was that every day people pray to god and do not receive an answer. The reasoning behind this ironically, can be found in Bruce Almighty. In the movie, a man who takes gods place gets so tired of all the prayers that he simply accepts them all. Chaos ensues, as we are human beings, we want certain things."

If God thought so, he should've listed the restrictions, seeing as he's omniscient. However, he did not. So, we must assume that all prayers are granted, no matter what. However, regardless of how much you pray, some aren't granted. They don't have to receive an answer, as that isn't mentioned (According to the Bible).

The rest, I won't reply to, as the same is repeated.

"2. Your second argument was why Christians suffered into death, and why god did not just create us in heaven. Christians do not truly suffer unto death, in the words of one of the first great evangelists "to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain. We are born with a new life, a spiritual one. If you are looking for a more "logical" answer, the let me state this. I don't know of any man or woman that is not willing to die for one they love. We should be equally willing to lay down our lives for the faith that holds up our very being."

Jesus allowed himself to be crucified to OUR BENEFIT! If we die (Suffocation, crucifixion, E.T.C.), it's not to his advantage. We die for people for their assistance. That? No.

"Finally, just look at what happened when just one who believed died, (although he rose again). Jesus changed the world with his disciples, and almost three quarters of them died. Finally, we were originally created in heaven, as Eden translates into the word for Paradise. We screwed it up, and a perfect God cannot be around sin, he would e forced to turn his gaze away. Fortunately, we are given this life to turn our eyes upon Jesus so that god can look at us and bring us into his kingdom."

Here, my opponent types in what Jesus has sacrificed (Like him being crucified) for us. The rest, I have already replied to.

I await my opponent's next set of arguments.
301202K

Con

301202K forfeited this round.
ProfJacob

Pro

Unfortunately, my opponent has forfeited the previous round. I wish he/she will at least reply in the next round.
301202K

Con

301202K forfeited this round.
301202K

Con

301202K forfeited this round.
Posted by Sean_Norbury 2 years ago
Sean_Norbury
The Bible is not the word of God. I have read the entire thing and there is human greed throughout the entire book. Religion has it's place, and that place is church. Religion has no place in school or governing.
Posted by dtaylor971 2 years ago
dtaylor971
He meant why do Christians suffer from cancer, AIDS, and not to mention the BUbonic Plague back in the 1300's that wiped away half of the Europe population...
Posted by saxman 2 years ago
saxman
There are some flaws in your argument, i cannot accept as i do not have the time. but the bible says that God will send trials, and that will strengthen us in the long run. And also, do not take anything in the bible out of context.
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 2 years ago
bladerunner060
ProfJacob301202KTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct for the forfeits. S&G for what should be obvious reasons. Arguments for Pro's case which was never sufficiently rebutted--though that's probably directly related to the lack of rounds from Con. Nobody sourced. As always, happy to clarify this RFD.