excon
ChaseE

Some people say the Constitution ONLY applies to CITIZENS.. I say it applies to PEOPLE..

ChaseE has forfeited round #1.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

excon

Pro

Hello:

George W. Bush started the prison at Gitmo because he THOUGHT the Constitution didn't apply. But, he found out that it does. I'd like to debate somebody who thinks it doesn't.

We can argue for the first 3 rounds, saving the 4th for our conclusions. I'll start. Here's the 5th Amendment...

"No PERSON shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."

If you notice, the subject of this amendment is "persons". I suspect my opponent will say it MEANS citizens. I, however, don't think our founders made a mistake.

Good luck to my future opponent, and let's get it on.

excon
Posted by excon 1 year ago
excon
Hello Youngster:

Do you wanna debate or fiddle???

excon