9spaceking
TheQuestionMark

Something

9spaceking

9spaceking

Pro

Please do not accept without permission. Write a topic in the comments and your preferred position.
Inspiration: I can, if the world be forgot in the vastness of space, and if the legend of our voids in our hearts be true, and if the market man does be greedy with our money, spending it unwisely and wastefully throwing it away; through the sadness and joyous moods spreading in our dear planet earth; with a desire that burns like fire, melting the whole of the ice of doubt, without any inconsistency with my persistence along with perspiration, nothing which without much of those virtues that were uphold and will be uphold throughout the age, as contributed to within our classes that teach us our morals and beliefs that influence our decision and ultimately our life, and which will never be belonging to which of those that are not forever set in stone and hardly ever reaching our paragons of philosophy—yet furthermore lest be our souls be blessed or in the worst case be doomed to die, nevermore shall humankind inspire, any more than monkeys will evolve to overtake our form, any more than a drunk man drinks the drops of what causes him to lose his sobriety, any more than the Egyptians’ incredible Sphinx which outsmarted all except the mighty Oedipus, and finally our weaknesses that are spun out and stressed upon on Fate’s needle-and-thread, piercing through our bodies, without any doubt, so let us be like a team that works, churning out products similar to the factory of time and space itself, all four dimensions crossing and turning, perpendicular to each other and paradoxically, simultaneously parallel, which are altogether strong and shielded with no turn away from those which taunt us and entice us to move differently, and hunt down that of which haunts the malice in our souls and, being the captain on the ship that stays even when it sinks, being the ferocious lion that claws down against even hundreds of prey, being the long mop that wipes off any big stain, never lose hope, never draw short, and never lie down; those who go without following our footsteps being cowardly, running in fear, in selfish vain, so as God's will be punished accordingly; and so let the rest become one with my body, so that as one, accomplish anything!
TheQuestionMark

Con

Resolution: God exists

I am con
9spaceking

Pro

I said, please don't accept without permission! I didn't say yes or no to anything!! DX
TheQuestionMark

Con

You said please do not accept without my permission

Definition

Please - take only one's own wishes into consideration in deciding how to act or proceed.

That is from a reliable source in case you are wondering and I'll provide it at the end.

Since the definition states that I should take it into consideration and I did and I decided that I should accept. If you didn't want anybody to accept you really should have been more specific. I will leave this round without arguments to ensure that my opponent and I have an equal number of rounds.

https://www.google.co.uk...
9spaceking

Pro

From your same source--
adverb
adverb: please
1.
used in polite requests or questions.
"please address letters to the Editor"
synonyms:if you please, if you wouldn't mind, if you would be so good; More
used to add urgency and emotion to a request.
"please, please come home!"
used to agree politely to a request.
""May I ring you at home?" "Please do.""
used in polite or emphatic acceptance of an offer.
""Would you like a drink?" "Yes, please.""
used to ask someone to stop doing something of which the speaker disapproves.
"Rita, please"people are looking"
used to express incredulity or irritation.
"Oh please, is that meant to be a serious argument?"
TheQuestionMark

Con

Tell me where exactly in that touching list of definitions where it said that please meant that I had to listen.
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: BLAHthedebator// Mod action: NOT Removed<

1 points to Pro (Conduct). Reasons for voting decision: "Please" doesn't have to be absent when stating the rules. Con fails to distinguish between rules and asking a favor.

[*Reason for non-removal*] While Con can (and did) argue that he did not engage in misconduct, it is reasonable for the voter to interpret misconduct given both the opening round and Pro's arguments in support of said misconduct.
************************************************************************
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
>Reported vote: imabench// Mod action: NOT Removed<

4 points to Pro (Conduct, Arguments). Reasons for voting decision: Con accepted the debate without permission, and thus loses the debate, since he violated the rules clearly defined in round 1

Posted by MagicAintReal 1 year ago
MagicAintReal
I am Pro, you are Con.

Resolution:
Abiogenesis is a fact.
Posted by asi14 1 year ago
asi14
Resolved: The United States Federal Government should substantially curtail its domestic surveillance
Resolved: The United States Federal Government should substantially increase its non-military exploration and/or development of the Earth's oceans.
Posted by Romanii 1 year ago
Romanii
"ELO is a better measure of debating skill than the 9space Method" (Pro)
Posted by tejretics 1 year ago
tejretics
Resolved: On balance, mankind is likely the main cause of global warming (Pro)
Resolved: The United States should abolish the death penalty. (Pro/Con)
Resolved: Justice requires the recognition of animal rights. (Pro/Con)
Resolved: God most likely exists. (Pro/Con)
Resolved: The USFG should substantially increase border security in the US-Mexico border. (Con)
Posted by Sarra 1 year ago
Sarra
those who go without following our footsteps being cowardly, running in fear, in selfish vain, so as God's will be punished accordingly; and so let the rest become one with my body, so that as one, accomplish anything!
Posted by Sarra 1 year ago
Sarra
For everyone who cannot read Pro's comment:
Inspiration: I can, if the world be forgot in the vastness of space, and if the legend of our voids in our hearts be true, and if the market man does be greedy with our money, spending it unwisely and wastefully throwing it away; through the sadness and joyous moods spreading in our dear planet earth; with a desire that burns like fire, melting the whole of the ice of doubt, without any inconsistency with my persistence along with perspiration, nothing which without much of those virtues that were uphold and will be uphold throughout the age, as contributed to within our classes that teach us our morals and beliefs that influence our decision and ultimately our life, and which will never be belonging to which of those that are not forever set in stone and hardly ever reaching our paragons of philosophy"yet furthermore lest be our souls be blessed or in the worst case be doomed to die, nevermore shall humankind inspire, any more than monkeys will evolve to overtake our form, any more than a drunk man drinks the drops of what causes him to lose his sobriety, any more than the Egyptians" incredible Sphinx which outsmarted all except the mighty Oedipus, and finally our weaknesses that are spun out and stressed upon on Fate"s needle-and-thread, piercing through our bodies, without any doubt, so let us be like a team that works, churning out products similar to the factory of time and space itself, all four dimensions crossing and turning, perpendicular to each other and paradoxically, simultaneously parallel, which are altogether strong and shielded with no turn away from those which taunt us and entice us to move differently, and hunt down that of which haunts the malice in our souls and, being the captain on the ship that stays even when it sinks, being the ferocious lion that claws down against even hundreds of prey, being the long mop that wipes off any big stain, never lose hope, never draw short, and never lie down;
Posted by Balacafa 1 year ago
Balacafa
God exists. You are Pro, I am Con.
Posted by Proving_a_Negative 1 year ago
Proving_a_Negative
Pick your favorite element off the periodic table and give reasons why it is better than my choice. They must have a scientific or societal purpose. How bout dat? Also hydrogen and tin cant be taken. They are already in use in another debate :P
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
9spacekingTheQuestionMarkTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con accepted without permission.
Vote Placed by BLAHthedebator 1 year ago
BLAHthedebator
9spacekingTheQuestionMarkTied
Reasons for voting decision: "Please" doesn't have to be absent when stating the rules. Con fails to distinguish between rules and asking a favor.
Vote Placed by imabench 1 year ago
imabench
9spacekingTheQuestionMarkTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con accepted the debate without permission, and thus loses the debate, since he violated the rules clearly defined in round 1