Sonic the Hedgehog is a Superhero.

I will be debating about why I think that it is logical to classify Sonic the Hedgehog as a superhero.

Round 1: acceptance only

Rounds 2-5: debaters choose and defend one topic per round.

I accept the argument. I'm quite new here, so don't judge me too critically.

Sonic has battled at least one evil version of himself. The first evil sonic was a robot that appeared as a boss in the eight-bit version of Sonic the Hedgehog 2. It has also been remodeled plenty of times.

Other superheroes have also fought evil versions of themselves.

1. Batman

2. Superman

3. Spider-man

4. The Hulk

5. Wonder Woman

Battling a version of his evil self only implies that he is a hero.

From the Merriam-Webster Dictionary:

he"ro noun \G2;hir-(G6;)!3;: a person who is admired for great or brave acts or fine qualities
: a person who is greatly admired
: the chief male character in a story, play, movie, etc.

By fighting a version of his evil self, Sonic, therefore, is a hero, but not a super hero.

Ash, in the Pokemon episode of "Battling the Enemy Within!," also fights with a version of his evil self. In his case, an evil king possesses him, causing a fight between the possessed him and him with his friends.

Likewise, the super heroes in your argument fight their versions of their evil selves, but what does this prove? They are heroes. Even by the third definition, Sonic, Ash, and the like are given evil versions of themselves because they are important in their respective stories and because they commit acts of good, again proving they are heroes but not super heroes.

Regardless, Ash is only known as a hero, not a super hero.

Sonic has at least one superpower. He has superhuman speed. He also has the power to place hundreds of rings at a time in a place that none of us know about. And of course, he has the power to turn into Super Sonic, which gives him super strength, enhanced speed, invincibility, chaos powers, and flight.

Almost every superhero has superpowers, while normal heroes usually do not. In certain games, he also has powers that he can use with certain types of shields.

Even with these powers, Sonic is still cited in his own wiki as a hero, not a superhero.

"Sonic became a well-known hero throughout the world."
"during the first two encounters with the heroes"
"while the hero was sleeping"
"heroic duo"

I've searched the entire page, but no sentence says "superhero" or "super hero."
Heck, one of the games is called Sonic Heroes!

Even then, Sonic requires the use of multiple items to reach his potential as a hero.

As stated in your argument:

Power Sneakers for speed:

Chaos emeralds and 50 rings to become Super Sonic (note: chaos emeralds can be used by other people, such as Shadow):

Shields, which are consumables (perhaps devices as their design implies, not Sonic's powers):

Even his rings? Hammerspace:

His main (and perhaps only) natural power is his speed, but it is proven slow here:

As was mentioned in the video you posted, sonic's speed comes solely from his power sneakers and do not make him as fast as everyone once thought. It also mentioned that Dr. Robotnik can outrun sonic, even at full speed. However, Robotnik's Wikipedia article mentions nothing about why Robotnik runs so fast, and neither does his article. If this is the case, and Robotnik also possesses superhuman strength (, then he must be a supervillain, as these must be superpowers.

If he is a supervillain, then he must have some plot. Frequently, he wants to collect all of the chaos emeralds for the purpose of world domination or such. "However, he became obsessed with the idea of an entire world under his rule,"

His rivalry with Sonic began with Sonic doing everything he could to keep the world out of Eggman's hands. Since the first game, Sonic has defeated eggman countless times by besting him in combat, as have other superheroes and their enemies.

Eggman has also had at least one henchman, although they were always robots, which would make them "henchbots." If close attention is paid, one can see that these robots are not a part of Robotnik. This is the case with most other supervillains.

Robotnik has worn capes, boots, and gloves before.

If all of this is true about both Eggman and other villains, then Eggman must be a supervillain himself. Sonic the Hedgehog is his enemy, Therefore he must be a superhero.

Your argument, again, doesn't prove Sonic is a superhero.

In your argument, you are primarily proving Dr. Robotnik/Eggman (they are used interchangeably in your argument) is a supervillain. That is not what we are debating about, and it, to reiterate, doesn't prove Sonic is a superhero.

On top of this, in your argument, "sonic's speed comes solely from his power sneakers and do not make him as fast as everyone once thought," therefore means that Sonic is not a superhero, as, generally, his main (perhaps only) so called "superpower" is his speed which was already shown to be slow in the video.

In terms of your argument being that Sonic is a so called "superhero" for fighting Eggman, my first argument still stands. To elaborate my first argument for further clarification, fighting a so called "supervillain," like fighting an evil-self, doesn't prove somebody is a superhero, but a hero.

I agree with you that none of my previous arguments prove Sonic to be a superhero. I have no intention of offending you, but you still have not fully proven that he is not. In addition, I apologize for not clarifying my previous argument's relevance to the debate. There are still multiple marks of a superhero that we have not yet covered.

I. Powers are not necessarily a staple of a superhero. "Generally speaking, exceptional-but-not-superhuman fictional characters like Batman, Doc Savage and Green Arrow may be classified as superheroes although they do not have any actual superpowers,"

II. Sonic has at least one weakness that renders him vulnerable:
1. He cannot swim in water and is in fact afraid of it
2. Failure to get at least 8 hours of sleep per night will slow him down dangerously.

III. He has had to rescue a specific female at least once.

IV. He has at least one nickname.
1. A few of Sonic's nicknames:

-blue blur
-speed demon
-the legendary blue hedgehog

2. Some of Batman's nicknames

-The Caped Crusader
-The Dark Knight.

3. The Flash's nicknames

-The Scarlet Speedster
-The Crimson Comet

V. He has appeared in a film.

It is true that older superheroes such as Superman and the Hulk have appeared in at least four or five movies, but they both made their debuts much longer ago than Sonic made his, but sonic was created 22 years ago, so it is safe to say that Sonic has appeared in his proportionate number of movies.

VI. He has driven at least one vehicle.

I, too, apologize for not making it clear enough that Sonic is, to reiterate yet again, a hero, but not a superhero. With these reasons, I will repeat why Sonic is not a superhero:

I. He is a hero because he fights villains. This is not a viable argument for proving one is a superhero, because all it proves the protagonist is, like stated in my first argument, given these villains for the sake of being a hero.

II. His power is speed, but my previous evidence proves that his speed is a lie, and you have also said yourself, "sonic's speed comes solely from his power sneakers." Therefore, he is a hero because his power is not super. In other words, he isn't a "superhero" by his powers, which you claimed in your 2nd argument to be superpowers.

III. From my 2nd argument, he is known merely as a hero in his own story. Evidence from my 2nd argument proves his feats don't make him a superhero in his own universe.

Because your arguments don't fully prove Sonic is a superhero, let me show you what your entire argument truly is about.
"I agree with you that none of my previous arguments prove Sonic to be a superhero" means you negate your other arguments. With your remaining and final argument, let's make a fictional "superhero," according to its standards, shall we! We'll name him Chris John for the sake of example.

From your argument (above):
I. "Exceptional skill" at pwning noobs in CoD.
II. Weak against the "Internet Trolls"
III. Saves his mother from "falling and can't get up!"
IV. Nicknamed "CJ"
V. Appearing in home video, "Fantastic CJ"
VI. Drives his own Little Tikes Toy Coupe! What a big boy!

With this example, I mean to convey that regular people fit into your last argument.
Without powers (the only powerful reason you have in your last argument), it is hard to prove somebody is a superhero. Evidence? It is still debatable that Batman, regardless, is a superhero.

Vote for me. All my arguments still stand strong against yours.