deepak2307
marcuscato

Soul exists, God Exists.. you may believe or not..it exists.. i can convince you.

Reasons for your voting decision - Required

deepak2307

Pro

Soul exists, God Exists.. you may believe or not..it exists.. i can convince you. any challengers??
marcuscato

Con

I accept your challenge.
Welcome to DDO and goodluck.
deepak2307

Pro

so.. y do you think soul and God does not exist??
marcuscato

Con

I have not seen a good definition of God/soul. I have not seen an argument that decisively proves the existence of God.
God is thought to exist because the universe needs a creator. This leads to the question- who created god? This leads to the answer- god does not need a creater, it has always existed. We can apply the same logic to the universe- the energy has always existed in some form. The only difference between this theory and mine is that I believe that the constant entity does not need to be intelligent. It results in differences in response to the existence of an absolute morality.

You are claiming that God exists, hence the burden of proof lies with you.
deepak2307

Pro

Answering your arguments one by one ,
First of all you said that you don't believe in God because you have not seen a good definition of God.
it does not at all prove that God or Soul does not exist, just because you have not seen a definition of God/soul. There are people who have understood about the existence of God/ Soul. If you at all want definition of God please refer scriptures like Bhagavad gita or Srimad Bhagavatam, there's an elaborate description.
God is not existing because universe needs a creator, it is vice versa. Universe is existing because God has created it with His potency. for ex: we cannot say that an owner exists because an apartment needs an owner. The owner as a person exists even before the apartment is built. when apartment is built, he becomes an owner.
God does not need a creator because he is eternal, he is not controlled by time. We as conditioned living entities are bound by time and we think everything should be like me.
when you speak of universe as an energy, don't you think energy should come from energetic? just like sunlight is an energy, but there must be a source, that is the sun. Similarly, universe is made of matter, there must be a conscious being who has created it.
So if you want me to give proofs that God exists, There are scriptural evidences which are undefeatable.
You can even understand logically by the order in universal arrangement. There is a step by step procedure for understanding existence of God. I cannot make you understand it in one statement. more important is to associate with people who are surrendered to God and hear from them submissively.
for existence of soul: how does consciousness originate? what is the difference between a living person and a dead person, there must be a higher power governing these things. And from the scriptural evidences we find that it is the soul.
i hope some of your arguments and questions are answered!
marcuscato

Con

Having a definition is important because it is the first step in a logical thought process. We need to know what we are talking about.
I have attended spiritual guidance classes and I have heard the defintion of God given in the Bhagavad Gita(entity which contains 6 characteristics etc).
You said that you can convince me, you are supposed to tell me what is written in these scriptures; that is the topic of the debate.
You said,"God is not existing because universe needs a creator, it is vice versa."
I do not understand your point, are you saying:
1.Universe needs a creator because God is not existing.
or
2.Universe is not exisitng because god needs a creator.

Apartment->Universe God->person analogy
I am saying that the apartment has always existed in some form, it was not built.
I pre-empted: Universe needs a creator in round two.
You said,"more important is to associate with people who are surrendered to God and hear from them submissively."
-Why?

Lastly, you have not answered any questions.Read my first round with an open mind.
Your are confused.
The topic of the debate is: God exists, soul exists.. i can convince you. You can convince me by posting logical arguments in a step by step form.
I assure you that I am keeping an open mind, I paid money to attend that spiritual guidance club.
Posted by marcuscato 6 years ago
marcuscato
I suggest you re-read my round2.
You need to:
1.Give me a definition of God
2.Prove that this God exists.
3.Define soul
4.prove that it exists.
'I can answer you convincingly from scriptural evidences"
Please do, it will be a learning experience for me. I think that the scriptures have got some things right e.g. Upanishads on -ownership as a pseudo concept-
"Why do you go to school to hear from the teacher and learn? why don't you concoct your own process?"
It is true that we go to teachers to learn, but do we learn things we find to be logically wrong? We can memorize them at best.

"but why do you want to spread atheism?"
I have no interest in spreading atheism. I think. I come to this site because there are other thinkers. They have different ideas. I come here to discuss; In this process we may change our position because we come across a point which had not occurred to us before.
I have been searching for 3 years now, I have realized that we cannot answer questions when these questions are not accurately framed. E.g. Does god exist? We cannot answer this without knowing the definition of God.
Lastly let me remind you that Mahavira(Jainism) concluded that God does not exist.
Buddha was silent on God. Both of them rejected the Hindu philosophy.
They believed in Karma and provided a moral code- which i reject.

I am not asking for a scientific proof, I am asking for a logical proof.
Posted by deepak2307 6 years ago
deepak2307
first of all the scriptures cannot be written in this small space.
secondly, the answer for "vice versa" is clear in the next statement itself, Universe is created by God, not that God is existing because Universe is Existing. Simple Logic, What is the difficulty to understand.
You are saying, i am confused. The point is You are confused about the idea of God, You have no basis for your arguments.
Mpre important is to hear from God realized people because that is the process of learning anything. Why do you go to school to hear from the teacher and learn? why don't you concoct your own process? because hearing is the process of learning.
If a person is not submissive, it is very difficult to convince him, although you may say you have open mind, it depends on how much submissive you are to learn. as it is said "We cannot wake up a pretending sleeper".
You may have paid some money to attend some spiritual guidance but that does not guarantee you tangible knowledge, also it depends on whom you take guidance from, is it from a bogus person or a bonafide spiritual teacher.
at last you are declaring you won because your questions were unanswered. You may ask any question, I can answer you convincingly from scriptural evidences.. but why do you want to spread atheism?
Posted by marcuscato 6 years ago
marcuscato
questions were un-answered*
Posted by marcuscato 6 years ago
marcuscato
Default win for me:Pro was supposed to prove that he can convince me, he did not convince me. I proved this by stating that my questions were answered. I win.
Posted by LogicalThinker 6 years ago
LogicalThinker
ikr
Posted by Lordknukle 6 years ago
Lordknukle
This is not a debate.
Vote Placed by twilke 4 years ago
twilke
deepak2307marcuscatoTied
Reasons for voting decision: He had better arguments.
Vote Placed by esisCOA 5 years ago
esisCOA
deepak2307marcuscatoTied
Reasons for voting decision: read the debate and you will understand my vote
Vote Placed by Cerebral_Narcissist 6 years ago
Cerebral_Narcissist
deepak2307marcuscatoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pathetic.
Vote Placed by Double_R 6 years ago
Double_R
deepak2307marcuscatoTied
Reasons for voting decision: One of the most monumental argument failures I have seen. Pro begins with: "i can convince you", and ends with: "I cannot make you understand it in one statement. more important is to associate with people who are surrendered to God and hear from them submissively". Uhh, ok.
Vote Placed by randolph7 6 years ago
randolph7
deepak2307marcuscatoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Really deepak? Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. You claimed you could convince your opponent and yet laid out a feeble attempt to do so ... and con's not convinced.
Vote Placed by BlackVoid 6 years ago
BlackVoid
deepak2307marcuscatoTied
Reasons for voting decision: I had trouble making out some of Pro's arguments due to horrendous grammar. Also, he didnt make an y positive statements towards God and instead just "refuted" con's arguments.