Ntebo.com10
Champion123

South Africans should embrace a prodructive culture

Ntebo.com10

Pro

Greetings delegates the afore motion clearly states that South Africans should embrace a productive culture and i the great ntebo.com fully agree with the motion at hand first I would like to give you the following definitions .
embrace- to accept
So i would like to advice my opponent to please come up strong points on why should south africans not embrace a productive culture.
Round 1 should be a debating round.
i will talking about the following;
why should South Africans embrace a productive culture.
te importance of productive culture
Champion123

Con

Culture! Culture!! Culture!!! This is the foundation of a people. It's what distiiguish them from others. It's what makes them unique and infact it's what makes a country. Just as we have the European culture so do we have the African culture. The easiest way to kill a man is to take to away his real identity. Take away the culture of South Africans and you are successful in killing them. Beside, they are not complaining or are you a South African?
Ntebo.com10

Pro

Ntebo.com10 forfeited this round.
Champion123

Con

Culture is a very wide entity. It express people ways of life politically, socially, economically etc. Can a man change what favors him? No! The culture of South Africa has made them one of the most richest country in Africa and their economy is rich and strong still. So why will they have to change their modusoperandi? South Africa is rich in tradition, wealth, economy to mention but a few. How do you think South Africa could host the 2010 historical world cup if not for its great and indispensable culture.
Ntebo.com10

Pro

Ntebo.com10 forfeited this round.
Champion123

Con

Can there be a debate without an opponent ? On! There is no opposition which can only mean that i'm right. South Africa don't need to embrace a new culture because their culture is good and productive enough as one of the wealthiest country in Africa at large.
Posted by Champion123 4 years ago
Champion123
I'm an African. Even if not a South African but a Nigerian. I should be able to take him no. Let's go.......
Posted by darkcity 4 years ago
darkcity
who is the 'great ntebo.com' of which you speak?
Posted by darkcity 4 years ago
darkcity
Posted by Torvald 4 years ago
Torvald
He's taken the words right out of my fingers.
Posted by InVinoVeritas 4 years ago
InVinoVeritas
I have problems with the definitions of "should," "embrace," and "productive."

"Should," from what standpoint? Moral obligation? What does it mean to say, within the context of this debate, that someone "ought to do" something?

"Embrace," as in include productivity as a high priority in the culture's value system? What qualifies as "embracing"? ...especially when we consider the following question:

What does it mean to be "productive"? Isn't being productive completely variable based on the culture we are discussing? Things are considered productive when people contribute to reaching a certain end; this end, however, varies from one culture to the next.
Posted by Torvald 4 years ago
Torvald
He would be making a totally relative and subjective argument, with tendencies toward alienation of one culture/ethnicity. That is a very fine line to tread.
Posted by phantom 4 years ago
phantom
Well how would he be hard-pressed to make a case that they're not productive as you said? You're saying it's subjective?
Posted by Torvald 4 years ago
Torvald
Oh, I'm not saying it is productive. I'm just saying, 'productive' is in the eye of the beholder.
Posted by phantom 4 years ago
phantom
Well how is it overall productive in your opinion?

It just seemed ambiguous, and I couldn't imagine anyone being against productivity, so I wanted him to explain.
Posted by Torvald 4 years ago
Torvald
That depends on how you define productive. You yourself said that.