Virito
UserofGames1233

South China Sea (Philippines v Republic of China)

Virito has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 2 weeks ago Status: Debating Period

Virito

Pro

China has rightfully claimed South China Sea!
Change my mind
UserofGames1233

Con

First off, Let me just say that I am a Filipino, So I will support the claim of the Philippines in this argument.
So, The Philippines is within 200 nautical miles of the Spratly Islands and Scarborough Shoal, So, Therefore, It is within our EEZ and the Philippines has the right to claim those islands. Also, The Philippine government bought those islands for one peso in September 1956 from Tomas Cloma, Who discovered it. Therefore, The Spratly Islands is theirs since they bought it. I don't think you would like to buy a couple of houses just to discover that there were people living in them, Claiming it was theirs. If you want to know where I got these facts, It's from Wikipedia.

Also, In 2016, The Hague ruled that the Philippines has a better claim to the Spratly islands over the PRC, Since it's within our 200 nautical miles Exclusive Economic Zone. If you want to talk about China's nine dash line, You can see that it claims almost everything within the South China Sea, Which is just ridiculous.

I'll save everything else I have to say for the next round.
So, Let's not talk about the other countrys's claims, Just PRC and The Philippines, Since they are the countries that we're supporting.
Posted by hopefullycalm 2 weeks ago
hopefullycalm
What? Why? How? If you are american this screws us so much.