vekoma123
hd1997

South Park vs, Family Guy

vekoma123
Started: 3/18/2014 Category: TV

vekoma123

Pro

This will involve debating which listed show is better than the other and why.

Pro: South Park
Con: Family Guy

First Round: Acceptance
Second Round: Opening statements/arguments
Third Round: Rebuttals and closing statements/arguments

I look forward to an interesting debate, and please make sure that you are familiar with and/or casually watch both cartoons.
vekoma123

Pro

I would like to thank my opponent for their involvement, so I will start my opening arguments.

Why South Park is better than Family Guy

The reason I say this is for a few reasons:

1. Revolution of a cartoon: South Park had its roots back to the creation of stop-motion animations known as The Spirit of Christmas, which called for two Christmas-themed shorts known as Jesus vs. Frosty and Jesus vs. Santa. Having the same sort of animation that adapted its way towards the first few seasons of the show, it had a very distinct style that was both original and took time and effort to create with the technology at hand.

After its success of being one of the first 'viral videos', it was then decided to put the idea of a series to work with Comedy Central, with the first episode premiering in 1997.

2. The general humor: South Park has broken a great amount of boundaries with controversial humor, celebrity jokes, and parodies of international political topics. Ranging from the religious controversy involved with Scientology to the recruitment of child pirates in Somalia, Matt Stone and Trey Parker have both been able to make light of very dark and twisted themes and issues, while still being able to make us laugh even when it can be disgusting.

With Family Guy, most of the humor comes from modern Western-society based issues that usually involve flashbacks involving scenarios where characters remember something awful happening or how something is worse or better or sadder than *insert flashback here*. As funny as some examples can be, it seems to really rely on those jokes, not to mention that there have been instances where Family Guy has based scenes off of Simpsons jokes.

3. Morals and reflection: It was notable in the first few seasons where at the end of the episode, the main characters Kyle, Stan, Kenny, and Cartman would learn something from their experiences, often having it be based on reflection of real situations.

While I cannot say that there never has been such situations in Family Guy, there usually isn't any mention of people learning from their mistakes or actions but instead run along with life as usual as if nothing had happened.

...

I await my opponent's opening arguments.

-http://en.wikipedia.org...
-;
hd1997

Con

the reason family guy is better is that they are making 100 jokes per episode
vekoma123

Pro

My opponent has made their argument saying that they are making '100 jokes per episode', which I'm sure is a complete exaggeration unless they have proof that such an amount is present in each episode.

...

In closing, I would like to say that because of the reasons I've listed in Round 2, South Park has made a greater impact in humor and moral reflection than Family Guy, along with its history being more impactful with the start of viral video creation. It is an absolutely impactful show that deserves the attention it gets and will definitely keep its stance in being one of the Top 100 greatest cartoons. [1]

Vote Pro!

...

[1] - http://www.tvguide.com...
hd1997

Con

try not laughing at this joke i am not afraid of anything i laugh in the face of death. see hahaha. oh thanks buddy as if it wasn't hard to fit in already
Vote Placed by Finalfan 3 years ago
Finalfan
vekoma123hd1997Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Are you trolling con? I am having a hard time taking any of your one sentence debate style!
Vote Placed by Krieg01 3 years ago
Krieg01
vekoma123hd1997Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro deserves the points for most reliable sources as con did not use sources and I believe that pro also made more convincing arguments as con did not present any arguments!
Vote Placed by PiercedPanda 3 years ago
PiercedPanda
vekoma123hd1997Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Though I prefer family guy, pro won this debate. He had much better arguments, whereas con made over exaggerated especially with her "100 jokes per second" comment. He had sources, something con didn't and better grammar because con did not use punctuation.