Letsdebate24
judeifeanyi

Space exploration should be banned

Letsdebate24

Con

I am stating that space exploration has rewards that drastically out-weigh the risks
judeifeanyi

Pro

I accept the challenge, but then let me start by saying this, even though there are other benefits in this space exploration, it still risks life and should be banned
Letsdebate24

Con

"it still risks life and should be banned" By your logic we should also ban testing new medications because it too risks human life. First they go through animal testing and then they are put into human trials which have taken lives. To date space exploration has taken the lives of 21 people. That's not even one person a year.

"Since the age of human spaceflight began 50 years ago, space missions have led in the accidental deaths of 21 explorers, some American astronauts and others Russian cosmonauts, while inside their spacecraft."

http://www.space.com...

There are threats in space that could threaten our survival as a species such as asteroids that need to be tracked and monitored. Suppose for whatever reason the earth is no longer a habitable place for humans to live, since this is the only planet we inhabit we would face extinction. If we inhabited multiple planets our chances of survival increase exponentially.
judeifeanyi

Pro

I love your last weak arguments in the sense that i will start by reboutals..let me start by answering your question, so we should ban testing of new medication because they are handful to lives? Indeed, haven't you heard of one a scientist who produced drug for aids and gave himself hiv and aids in other to test his drugs? Do you know what happened to him? He died of the disease..thats not withstanding, i never said we should not test medications because medications are never handful to our health what am still saying is this, space exploration should be banned because astronauts faces danger and it costs a whole billions of dollars or pounds..you equally said there are threats like asteriods. Now let me answer you this question by saying this, we can only guage the threats if we explore the space lets check the date the stone falled into the world, it felled into the world because astronauts have explored the space damaging some certain things which holds it..moreover, you said that its better we know about other space in case if there is problem we can go to other planets.let me ask you this, do you know how much it will cost to build one spaceship? Do you know how much it will cost you to launch it? Do you know that it cannot carry about 10people? Check the population of the world and tell me how many spaceship that will be built in other to carry half of the world to other planets if needs arises..
I move into my argument by saying that this space exploration takes a whole lot of money and endangers our lives..reacting to what my co-debater said about multiple planets, let me tell you, do you know that there are toxic, chemicals in other planets which endangers life? Indeed, this space exploration should be banned for good..addressing my second issue about wastage of fund, it cost billions of dollars to build it, and it cost millions to lunch it when i say billions, i mean only one space ship and this money could be used for other things that will benefit it.....so space exploration should be banned
Letsdebate24

Con

Firstly those that venture out into space are highly intelligent people that know risking their lives for space exploration is essential to our futures. You are right about one thing, space exploration is highly expensive but both the people and multiple governments around the world believe that the cost is well worth it.
You seem to be under the impression that these missions cost the taxpayers billions of dollars but perhaps you were not aware that space exploration has become a private industry as well. Companies around the world are spending fortunes on space programs which means that cost will go down as competition will drive the market.
They are working on shuttle designs to transport many more people into space at one time and with developing fuel source alternatives the cost again will go down.
Space travel is just like any product that is sold, when it first comes out it is going to be much more expensive than it will be in a couple years. As the technology evolves it becomes more efficient driving the cost down. This is basic economics.
As far your statement about other planets being toxic this is partially true there are many that are not habitable but there have been over 30 earthlike planets discovered only in the last few years. That means that there are over 30 planets that could be habitable as they are.
It is a fact, if you put all your ducks into one basket you run the risk of losing them all but if you spread them out your chances of keeping at least some is increased.
judeifeanyi

Pro

Indeed, whats your arguments on this matter? You don't even have a stand and any argument to back up your claim..in this final round, i will start by exposing your weaknesses in this argument..1.you talked of private industry. Now if space exploration has private industry why are they owing the world bank? This shows your claim are fallacious..2.you talked of planets been discovered. My question is this, this planets of what use is it to us? I guess so we can run there is problem arises? Like i earlier said, this space ship cannot carry about 1opeople and do we know the population of the world? Indeed it is waste of energy, resources and it endangers life..
Having rebouted some of your arguments, i move into my own arguments..1.this space exploration exposes us to diseases.do we know that the has which is deposited from the space ship is harmful on human health when mixed with sun? Do we know that there are various chemicals which can expose astronauts to cancer on space? Indeed, it should be banned..2.wastage of resources.i have emphasized on this, this space exploration costs a whole tons of money which we ought to use and develop our nation instead of exploring the space only to discover dead amoeba .truth is bitter, but its bitterness wil not stop it from being told space exploration should be banned..my stand still remains, that space exploration should be banned because it endangers life and it waste a whole lot of resources thank you