skigirl200
ipstanding

Space travel

skigirl200

Con

We need to get our own planet's managements in order, such as health-care, world hunger, and homelessness first. Plus if something goes wrong, we will have just wasted billions of dollars. (P.S., we will never live on Mars. Period.)
ipstanding

Pro

I accept your debate and wish you the best of luck.

I do have a few arguments to make about your statement.

=Argument One=

Our planet is in a state of disarray however if we had a colony in space such as on Mars, see argument two, the people on Earth that are homeless or in need of help, we could transport them to Mars.

=Argument Two=

The fact that Mars is uninhabitable is an untrue statement, for our scientists researching the matter are quite sure that we could add breathable air into Mars' atmosphere.
skigirl200

Con

We still are not sure if it would be possible to put breathable air into mars' atmosphere. If we fail, do you know how many billions of dollars we have just wasted? plus, there is no water on mars, so therefore it is still unable to sustain life. Further more, humans are made to adjust, so if we need to adjust ourselves to an over populated planet, so be it. plus, new laws are being put into place in the over crowded regions of the world.
ipstanding

Pro

I agree with the comment, "Laws will take away our freedoms". I give my opponent that we are made to adjust but our bodies can only take so much. As for the fact that there is no water, water can be imported along with air. We could allow a small poplation to live in a dome.

P.S. Hi Maddie.
skigirl200

Con

While that may be true, with the bodies that can't handle it, those bodies will likely die, opening some free space.
ipstanding

Pro

The way that my opponent states her debate makes it sound like she is for space travel to free space up on earth?
skigirl200

Con

skigirl200 forfeited this round.
ipstanding

Pro

Argument time extended
skigirl200

Con

skigirl200 forfeited this round.
ipstanding

Pro

ipstanding forfeited this round.
Posted by Kinesis 7 years ago
Kinesis
More a sort of confused dialogue than a debate...
Posted by GeoLaureate8 7 years ago
GeoLaureate8
"we need to adjust ourselves to an over populated planet, so be it. plus, new laws are being put into place in the over crowded regions of the world." - Con

Are you serious? Rather than colonizing Mars, you would rather solve overpopulation by taking freedoms away. Is Mars really that bad to you?
Posted by Sky_ace25 7 years ago
Sky_ace25
Hmm...good topic, novice arguments, but I think Pro can win this...if he pays close attention to what he can do...
Posted by Immortal 7 years ago
Immortal
There should also be a debate on "Space Colonization"
Posted by Ore_Ele 7 years ago
Ore_Ele
Good debate topic, I really hope that the debate quality fulfills its potential.