SitaraMusica
Reeseroni

Spanking is child abuse.

Reeseroni

SitaraMusica

Pro

Spanking is child abuse because it is wrong to touch people without consent. No one has the right to make another person feel unsafe. If you would not hit an adult, you should not hit a child. Everyone has the right to feel safe in their body. No one the right to another person's body.
Reeseroni

Con

I will debate how spanking is not child abuse, but a form of discipline, and a right of one's parents.

My leading argument is that spanking is not intended to abuse one's own child, but to discipline them for an action that the parents wish for them not to partake in, or disapprove of. Spanking has been used as a form of discipline for many years [1], and was not intended as a form of child abuse.

[1]: http://aolff.org...
This is my source of this rebuttal.
SitaraMusica

Pro

I disagree. No one has the right to touch or hit someone else without consent. People have the right to feel safe in their bodies. I know what it is like to receive this form of abuse from my father. y father had no right to hit me. It is wrong to hit people unless it is self defense or defense of others. My body, my right, my choice. No one has the right to hit me. I have the right to feel safe.
Reeseroni

Con

Reeseroni forfeited this round.
SitaraMusica

Pro

Since the oppostion forfeited, please vote for me.
Reeseroni

Con

What if opposition is not forfeit??

o.O

I missed this debate simply because I have been too busy for it, and frankly I forgot to submit it.

Now, I believe that our parents have the right to touch or hit children in the form of discipline, as this is not 'wrong, or should be stopped', as they were the ones who gave birth to the person in the first place. It is a general idea that children will get into trouble many times during their childhood. What do parents do when their children have no way of communicating with them? Do they just waste their time trying to reason with this child or do they spank them, or slap their wrists and tell them no? Probably the second choice. Children will more likely remember a spanking (something physical that they can remember) rather then a conversation on why their deed was wrong (a conversation with effectively one side of communication).

If this were the case, then why would disciplining their child in the only logical way,... be a form of abuse?
SitaraMusica

Pro

SitaraMusica forfeited this round.
Reeseroni

Con

Reeseroni forfeited this round.
Posted by SitaraMusica 2 years ago
SitaraMusica
My father assaulted me on multiple times off and on until I was 13 and finally had enough of the abuse. My father had no right tro my body.
Posted by DudeHouse 2 years ago
DudeHouse
Yeah but were you abused like hit until you had bruises and black eyes? Or were you like smacked on the fanny when you were like 5 years old because you whacked you little brother in the head with a plastic toy truck?
Posted by SitaraMusica 2 years ago
SitaraMusica
Thank you. I was abused. I just think no one has the right to touch someone else without consent.
Posted by DudeHouse 2 years ago
DudeHouse
Sitara may have been abused as a child so she may think beating and spanking are the same thing.
Posted by DudeHouse 2 years ago
DudeHouse
Max, cheyenne, awesome comments.
Posted by DudeHouse 2 years ago
DudeHouse
Max, cheyenne, awesome comments.
Posted by SitaraMusica 2 years ago
SitaraMusica
I am not proabortion, I am prolife.
Posted by SitaraMusica 2 years ago
SitaraMusica
I am not a liberal, I am a minarchist Libertarian.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
Max....... Liberalism turns everything upside down then says we are the ones that are not looking at things right.Their liberal agenda to force people not to spank an unruly child has made the makers of ridlin very happy.
Posted by Max.Wallace 2 years ago
Max.Wallace
This is interesting.

Pro-abortionists championing children's rights? That is the world we live in.
Vote Placed by o0jeannie0o 2 years ago
o0jeannie0o
SitaraMusicaReeseroniTied
Reasons for voting decision: this was sad