DebateBehemoth
bookwyrm

Spawn(Any incarnation) vs Goku(Any form yes Gt is good)

DebateBehemoth

Pro

LET IT START
-
spawn any incarnation is defined starting from pewter spawn up to the present which is jim downing having said that i could use mandarin, gunslinger, medieval, dark ages, skull splitter, etc even god spawn and or mammon spawn and with this statement i can clearly conclude that spawn of any kind can make goku look like A wetrag with a bunch of wax ON
-
First round Acceptance and my opponent may choose to answer my first statement
All other rounds arguments
-
I trust that my opponent is professional and would not troll but in the case that he does this debate shall be troll free
-
I wish to have a good debate
bookwyrm

Con

I would first like to thank my opponent for issuing this challenge. So many of these debates are serious a light debate is a good change of pace. I have always held the position that Goku is one of the most powerful characters in all of fiction, which is why I am accepting the challenge even though I admittedly don't know a while lot about spawn. I will research him for the debate, though. I do have one question for my opponent, however. I note that you said any form of Goku's is acceptable, but my question is do I have to choose one form and stick with it, or can I choose more than one? I only ask because there are distinct personality differences from one form to another, as well as certain weaknesses. I do realize that it has to be just Goku, though. No fusions.
DebateBehemoth

Pro

DebateBehemoth forfeited this round.
bookwyrm

Con

Pro forfeited last round, so I will go ahead and pick. I'm going with Super Saiyan 4 from GT I would start my argument but unfortunately I don't know which version of Spawn pro is going with.
DebateBehemoth

Pro

DebateBehemoth forfeited this round.
bookwyrm

Con

Another FF. I'm wondering why my opponent even setup a debate he did not want to participate in...
DebateBehemoth

Pro

I am very sorry going to school serving in mass and playing basketball while celebrating my birthdays today is a big thing I am sorry but i would try to finish all my arguments]
-
Ok you choose Supersaiyan even if its non canon I shall accept
-
SPEED
GOKU:
Since we can never estimate any of there speeds Ill just take 2 estimations of what Goku's speed maybe
1ST ESTIMATION
Nothing in the anime is good enough evidence to deduce a reasonable conclusion without any plotholes. I would say times faster than sound but way under the speed of light.
Obviously not near light speed because of the Theory of relativity, but excluding that, he doesn't show anything close to light speed. Jutst because he turns up a level in SS doesn't mean he's faster. Go by what he has shown in the manga or show not math that has nothing to back it up.
Nothing excluding...
-
By physics he cannot although this is discredited by the feats of speed his able to perform. Exhibited in "Broly The Legendary" Instant transmission does not work as the move implies, it in-fact is literal movement over a period of time. In this movie Goku used this moves to another region of the galaxy and there is a travel section. Also in the series, Gotanks a character of who is much slower then Goku travels the distance around the world (24,859.82 miles) many times within 4 sec and light is able to travel around the planet about 9 times per second. If Gotanks a much lesser character is able to travel the planet 1/9 light speed, before the discovery of SS4 in DBGT Goku is highly likely to be able to travel faster than the illogical speed of light
-
Goku lacks the any feats to support the fact that he can move Faster than light. Instant Transmission is exactly what it sounds like. Instant movement. The manga is the original source, so it defines what Goku does and what feats he has exhibited. The movies are not canon to the story, and therefore do not effect the real DBZ storyline. no Gotenks actually did not travel around the world in 4 seconds. The feat is illogical. In the anime the Earth can be seen rotating at a faster than normal rate, which would imply time is passing by faster. If time is relative to each person, as suggested by physics, then that would mean the Earth shouldn't have rotating at all. IT could also mean a large amount of time passed while Gotenks travelled around the world, but this isn't true, since the fusion only lasts 30 minutes. Goku lacks feats to suggests he is FTL. Instant transmission is what it sound like, Instant movement.
-
I thereby conclude that Goku at SS4 stage with estimation is have the speed of light or even closer but never reached it without using instant transmission
Goku:(SPEED OF LIGHT)
2ND ESTIMATION
First off, Goku's Instant Transmission is never actually used in combat. Yes he uses it to throw people off guard in combat but Goku never uses IT in the manner we see Night Crawler use his teleporting in X-Men 2.
He can run away with it and use it to shift a major attack but other than that its not like the ability makes him able to fight at light-speed.

Which brings us to Gotenks(A faster character);
Gotenks travels the distance around the world (24,859.82 miles) half a dozen times in an undetermined amount of time... while light would circle the planet 9 times per second.
Which tells us he is not as fast as light. This is confirmed when Piccolo arrives and talks to Gotenks.
We are told that he has used up most of his time. Infact when Gotenks takes off to find Buu he has just under a minute and when he gets to Buu's house he doesn't even finish calling Buu out when his fusion wears off. If it took approx 54 secs for him to travels a distance less than 20,000km. that would be ~0.12% light speed. Even if it only took him a second to get to Buu's house he is still a 1/15th the speed of light.
For reference Goku was about .002% the speed of light when he traveled acros

s snake way.
GOKU: AGAIN (SPEED OF LIGHT)
SPAWN:
Finding spawns speed is harder to find but here it is
Speed ability:Spawn has the ability to telport meaning he is like goku (SPEED OF LIGHT)
STRENGTH
Goku:
I am sorry I will post this debate some where in the future again pls vote con i am sorry My opponent I shall debate this in the future

bookwyrm

Con

I would like to try this debate again if my opponent issues it, but in the meantime I'll deal with the argument presented. First off, or own laws of physics wouldn't apply in a fictional world where humans like Krillin can fly. However, since I have never thought "it doesn't count" was much of an argument I will refute it anyway. Einstein's theory of special relativity wouldn't effect Goku because it only limits speed due to the fact that the faster an object is going, the more mass it has. The more mass it has the more energy required to continue to move it at that speed. The reason this wouldn't effect Goku is because he has shown many times while training in extreme gravity that hundreds of times his own mass doesn't effect him. With all that in mind, I posit that Goku has so such limits on reaching the speed of light. Even if he falls slightly short of it, one thing is for sure. He is much faster than Spawn. Additionally, Spawn's weapons would be worthless due to the fact that the show has made clear that no kind of metal can pierce Goku's skin. I look forward to Pro's next challenge so we can continue this, but as it stands Goku is much faster than Spawn and invulnerable to metal weapons. Vote Con
Posted by SarcasticIndeed 4 years ago
SarcasticIndeed
Would you like to debate between Vegetto and someone else? I'd be on Vegetto's side.
Posted by DebateBehemoth 4 years ago
DebateBehemoth
I mma post this debate in the future again in the mean time I shall challenge somebody else with the same topic
Posted by Maikuru 4 years ago
Maikuru
Thank you for the challenge, I really appreciate the thought. Unfortunately, I am on a hiatus from debating right now. I do look forward to debating you at some point in the future, though =)