Chombo
jules22

Special needs children should be kept out of schools.

Chombo has forfeited round #2.

Chombo

Pro

Special needs children, by which I mean those with autism, down syndrome, and other such mental impairments, should be kept at home. These students are disruptive, and nothing but a drain of taxpayer dollars and school resources. At my high school, the special needs class was more like a daycare than a high school class. There was at least 4 adult guardians in there at all times, and they would not be teaching the children, they would simply be playing with them, keeping them entertained until the day was over. These children, at no fault of their own, would scream and disrupt during classes. Why should other children have to be disrupted due to these children? They should not. These children should be the parent's responsibility. We had cases of some autistic children attacking other students in my High School, and that is a serious problem. We cannot excuse them because of their disablility, especially when they can be kept at home with the parent rather than disrupting class and draining resources.
jules22

Con

I do agree that, yes, children with special needs can be a disruption, but depending on their disability, behavioral issues usually come with it. No, it should not be excused, but the staff on hand that deal with these children need to be trained well enough to handle behavioral issues. My brother, who is 17, is on the lower part of the autism spectrum and he is also a high school student. His special needs class does learn things; like math, science, and history, just like any other high school student would learn things. I have been in these types of classrooms and yes they are sort of like a daycare, but you can not expect children and teens with developmental disabilities to withstand a college setting classroom. Various things are in place for their attention to be kept so that they can perform their best in a school environment. These children and young adults are human beings and have the right to an education. You also have to look at it from the family's point of view. Costs for healthcare can be incredibly high for people with certain disabilities, which means that one or both parents will need to be working constantly to keep up with bills. If these children have single parents, there may not be any other place for these kids to go when their parents are working, and these parents could lose their job. There are respite care centers in my area that do specialize in taking care of peoples with disability, but only for a certain amount of hours per year. These hours are distributed based on the individual's needs, but the maximum amount of hours is not many. To conclude, yes, these children may be a disruption at times, but they can not control it, and the circumstances that are available play better in part for the individual and their family as a whole rather than someone who is just annoyed by it.
Posted by Chombo 7 months ago
Chombo
First, I reposted because some brain dead mongoloid accepted my first one and never did anything. Also, you better not report my threat or I"ll shoot your wife in the elbows.
Posted by DarkPrince 7 months ago
DarkPrince
That threat was reported
Posted by NicholasGomezTillar 7 months ago
NicholasGomezTillar
Additionally, stop reposting this debate.
NicholasGomezTillar
@Chombo are you a troll? I don't think anyone would agree with you.
Posted by Chombo 7 months ago
Chombo
I"ll shoot your wife in the knees.
Posted by DarkPrince 7 months ago
DarkPrince
I'm going to just say this has to be the most retarded debate I have ever had the displeasure of laying my eyes on. So now we have a person that hates handicaps ( another hitler) saying we should deny special needs children the right to a public education. Anything else furer?