star64
jp_porwisz10

Spider-man Movies: Andrew Garfield Vs. Tobey Maguire

Started: 4/22/2014 Category: Movies

star64

Pro

Andrew Garfield is a much more convincing and realistic Spider-man. He has a real natural feel to him as Spider-man and as Peter Parker. Spider-man is a smart, witty, know-it-all, pulling out jokes in the middle of battle. Andrew Garfield is best at doing so and pulls the one-liners off with such ease.
jp_porwisz10

Con

The reboots are way too childish and stupid. The originals directed by Sam Raimi are a classic, especially Spider Man 2
star64

Pro

Yes spider-man is meant to be serious but it also has a humorous side. Peter Parker is a wise cracking high schooler he can't take every battle serious, he needs to lighten it up or perhaps he would panic. Andrew Garfield does a tremendous job presenting that. I am still a fan of the Raimi trilogy, 2 is still perhaps my favorite of the 3, but Garfield has a much more realistic personality than Maguire did.
jp_porwisz10

Con

Raimi trilogy had plenty of humor. I thought Tobey maguires performance was much better
star64

Pro

I don't believe the reboot was childish at all, the relationships between Gwen and Peter are quite believable especially by the performance by Andrew Garfield. Not only that but Tobey didn't come off as a genius, but more of a lonely geek, and an odd one at that. Garfield truly seemed like a smart and important figure.
jp_porwisz10

Con

I would have to admit, Kirsten Dunst was pretty bad in the originals. But the orginals are amazing, and the reboot was just unessacery