Cowboy0108
moofect

Splitting of the USA into two countries

Cowboy0108

Cowboy0108

Pro

I believe that everything from GA to Texas should break away including Oklahoma and everything up to Kentucky. This would be called Dixie.
I believe that I should be the Commander of Dixie.
We will assume that a peace treaty between Dixie and the Yankees is in effect. (War betweeen the nations is not an issue that I would like to be included.)
These are my plans:
I, commander of Dixie, would be beneficial to the current southern states of America.
We will assume that there is a peace treaty between the rest of America and Dixie as I have previously stated.
The items that I would support/change/adopt are the following:
1. 30%-40% military spending. A strong military is necessary to keep the nation.
2. Cutting all welfare except for disability. I would only have six weeks of unemployment benefits provided. Wounded warriors and people born with disability would get full benefits. No food stamps, Medicare, Medicaid, Obamacare, or anything of the sort.
3. Overall simplification of education-Teach students what the vast majority will need for life and make education more about logic, reasoning, and creating classes that would teach students for a future occupation(like trade school).
4. Adoption of FairTax-23% sales tax, no other taxes. A check would be sent to each family at the beginning of each month to cancel out taxes paid on life's necessities like food.
5. Very little to no gun control-Most people should have a gun on their hip to protect themselves. This is not a requirement but I would push for more lax gun control. Guns restriction would lie only with minors and violent criminals.
6. Law enforcement funding would be cut, primarily because of the lack of gun control making it easier for people to defend themselves.
7. Immigration-strong border control, similar to that of North Korea. No one comes in illegally and lives.
Social Issues
8. No gays allowed-no marriage, or PDA between gays. This will be punishable by deportation.
9. No abortion-baby killing is bad.
10. National religion would be protestant Christianity. Religious officials would not be politicians if you are scared of that. Mostly this would just be to ensure that things like Christmas Carols can be sung and the government can use the Bible for defense against certain bills that would be immoral.
11. National Language-English
Foreign Policy
12. Free Trade but benefits will be instituted to push for self dependency.
13. No economic trade agreements
14. No UN for us.

Other:
15. Our flag will be the Rebel flag with an "In God We Trust" written on it.
16. No segregation or slavery just to be clear.

These are the issues. Tell me which you disagree with. Defend your opinions. Any additional things you want to know bring that up in your turn and I will get to it when I respond.
moofect

Con

I)The United States would be torn apart by a second bloody civil war
II)Many states not in so called Dixie have powerful military and naval capabilities Ex: San Diego
III)Millions of refugees would flood the Canadian Border seeking refuge from a violent civil war.
Cowboy0108

Pro

1. You do not know that their would be a second war. You would probably not even say this if not for the fact that the first split led to civil war. In addition, I specifically said that I did not want this to be about another war, some because of this fact, some because it takes the views off of whether or not Dixie would be successful.
2. Many states in Dixie have powerful military capabilities as well. Florida has multiple Air Force and Naval Bases. Georgia has the home of the Army, fort Benning, and multiple Air Force bases. Alabama, Texas, and Florida have NASA. Texas has multiple Air Force bases and plenty of military manufacturers. This is just a sample of the military capabilities. Furthermore, most of the volunteers for the military are from the southern states.
3. This is about the success of the south, not Canada or the North.
4. This point marks my further discussions as I have given my refutation of your topics.
The South would benefit through my social ideas. Establishing a national religion would not induce a theocracy nor prohibit the practice of another religion. It would instead allow the state to recognize Christmas as when Jesus was born and teach some of the Christian Philosophies at school. This would not include creationism as that is an expected refutal of this point, but instead would teach things like the sanctity of marriage and not having divorces. This is one example. Establishing a national language would institute a more effecient way of trade and will make speaking English a requirement for immigration. This would eliminate a barrier for citizen owned companies.
5. My political practices would be expected to increase general employment(cutting welfare and fair tax), increasing revenue(fairtax, increased employment, self dependency), decreasing expenses(budget cuts, no IRS, simplified tax code).
I will leave it at this. I specifically said no war but I figured that would be a common refutal. Remember, there is no evidence behind whether or not a split would lead to war except for what happened 1.5 centuries ago. I doubt this can even be considered hard evidence. I would like to see your debate continue on my points 4 and 5. If you desire to also refute 1, 2, and 3, I will not have a problem with that as long as you debate 4 and 5.
moofect

Con

moofect forfeited this round.
Cowboy0108

Pro

Given that this is a five round debate, I will not sweat this forfeit but will give moofect only one more chance. I do not think war would be an issue. I think that the nation under my leadership would be successful.
moofect

Con

moofect forfeited this round.
moofect

Con

moofect forfeited this round.
Cowboy0108

Pro

Vote for me
moofect

Con

moofect forfeited this round.
Posted by teddy2013 4 years ago
teddy2013
I will be proud to serve. The two nation set up would provide an excellent way of proving what philosophy works best. Dixie would be built on hard work, self sufficiency, the rule of law including the use of the death penalty for murderers and rapists, strong borders, strong military, respect for life and strong morals including traditional marriage, and recognize heterosexual relationships as normal.
The other States would enable dependency, have weak borders and amnesty, ban guns, allow abortion at will, be weak on crime including banning the death penalty, they would allow and even encourage gay marriage, adoption, gay military members, and celebrate gay relationships as normal.

Ultimately Dixie will be comprised of hard working, legal citizens, and would thrive. The other States would be comprised of dependent people looking for handouts, illegals, hippies, and homosexuals. Although Dixie would have a strong military it would not need it to beat the other States, they would fail based on their weaker philosophy. Go Dixie.
Posted by Cowboy0108 4 years ago
Cowboy0108
Teddy: you just made luitenent commander
Posted by teddy2013 4 years ago
teddy2013
I want to live in Dixie. My only changes would be that there be no official religion, people can worship whoever they want. Secondly, really should not ban gays, but definitely no gay marriage, civil unions, gays in military, or gay scout leaders (gays probably will not want to live in Dixie anyway).
Posted by Cowboy0108 4 years ago
Cowboy0108
This is actually like the fifth time I have posted this topic or a variation of this topic. Each yime my plan for the south improves.
Posted by calculatedr1sk 4 years ago
calculatedr1sk
I've already debated Cowboy on this issue, so if anyone would like to review a more fully developed conversation regarding this topic, it can be found here:

http://www.debate.org...

I wish both Cowboy and his opponent good luck, and an enjoyable debate.
Posted by Cowboy0108 4 years ago
Cowboy0108
"With all do respect"
People always say that before they say something disrespectful. Tell me, who would attack like locusts. China needs us, there is North Korea but it would not invade us, the middle east which would just bomb us with terrorism. What changed. There is Russia which is economically falling apart. Furthermore, what domestic problems would emerge. The country that completely varies geographically and politically from region to region, would split into a country that is geographically similar and relatively politically consistent.
Posted by JohnSmith1 4 years ago
JohnSmith1
Cowboy, with all due respect this is insanity and I sincerely hope you are joking. Their are a mass ammount of problems that would spring from what you are proposing. Other countries would descend like locusts on a divided nation and it is concerning that you cannot see this.
Vote Placed by calculatedr1sk 4 years ago
calculatedr1sk
Cowboy0108moofectTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's resolution is awful, his wishes are grotesque, and he himself is a joke... yet his opponent FF'd and takes the loss. So be it.