Chain
Sebastianator01

Spogebob should die off

Started: 4/30/2015 Category: TV

Chain

Pro

1st round is acceptance
Sebastianator01

Con

Spongebob is the only show from the 90s which has not died off yet and is continuing making new episodes. Spongebob is famous and won awards in 2013 and 2014 for having the most audience, which was more than 1 billion people watching the show. Another is that the show is popular and is rated as number 1 in top American children shows. Not only that, Spongebob shows what adults and children want to see. As in this link given to you, it shows the proof on why Spongebob is famous and should NOT die off. http://abcnews.go.com.... Spongebob is one of my personal favorite shows and will continue as my favorite until it eventually dies off, which is in probably 8 more years, hopefully more than 10 years. For now, it's your turn and good luck.
Chain

Pro

First off the first round was just you accepting, but whatever.

Rebuttals: when you said the show won awards in 2013 and 2014 you brought up no links to prove this. in your only link it said in one part and i quote "The stories are funny." - Said by Rodger Bumpass voice of squidward this is an opinion not a fact.
"Another key to the show's success is that the humor hits for all age groups" let's see, ripping off a person's toenail (squidwards visit) and Mr.Krabs causing Plankton to almost commit suicide (one coarse meal) those are REALLY FUNNY JOKES (sarcasm) now for my final rebuttal it's all about your link all it is is the cast giving thier opinions and how a episode is made nothing else. now onto my argument

There's been complaints on spongebob [1] it's like family guy and simpsons it has ALOT of bad episodes and only 1 or 2 diamonds in the rough every once and awhile. spongebob needs to die not out of hatered but out of mercy. All that i need to use the seasonal rot test if i can explain each character in 1 or 2 sentences then that means become flanderized which i quote means The act of taking a single (often minor) action or trait of a character within a work and exaggerating it more and more over time until it completely consumes the character. Most always, the trait/action becomes completely outlandish and it becomes their defining characteristic as are peripheral characters in shows with long runs.[2] Now back to the test here it is Spongebob: Creepy stalker who has no sence of morality, Patrick: jerk who doesnt CARE about morality, Mr krabs: a greedy man who will do illegal things or just plain out evil things. Squidward: the butt monkey who mostly doesn't deserve the tourture.

Links: https://answers.yahoo.com... [1] http://tvtropes.org...[2]

Good luck to you. also 10/10 on Eat_IT_SUKA sorry i had to point it out. Still i look foreward to seeing what you have in store for me
Sebastianator01

Con

Sebastianator01 forfeited this round.
Chain

Pro

Extended wow i gave you 3 days
Sebastianator01

Con

(1) I don't really have much time on me to go on this website and post my arguements and such, so it's pretty difficult for me to come on and post my arguements. I have school and such, you should understand. Anyway, I couldn't find the website that showed the Spongebob thing. But I can tell you this, a commercial for Nickelodeon came on and showed the world how famous Spongebob had become. This was in 2013 or 2014, but it said over 1 billion people have watched Spongebob.

I just want to say that the creators of Spongebob are actually reading what us, the internet users, the fans, the people who know pop culture and such. They read all these comments and memes about pop culture, and try to implicate that into their episodes. Such as for the 12th season, they plan on bringing back what they created between the 2000-2004. I am in a hurry so I could only post this much. Stay yellow my friend.
Chain

Pro

ok, Sorry for that i understand i was really tired when i typed that so sorry for being rude.

Rebuttals:"They read all these comments and memes about pop culture, and try to implicate that into their episodes." So they try to appeal to the lowest common denomintator?
"the creators of Spongebob are actually reading what us, the internet users, the fans, the people who know pop culture and such" So Why do reviews of episodes get taken down like how viacom takes down reviews of spongebob? And if they read what us fans say why dont we ever see it, they still have squidward suffer not because of his own fault?

Now on to the final part of my case. i need to keep this short. There are problems with modern spongebob and since i dont have much time i'll put the link here {1} alot of people have made rants on spongebob and how certain stuff is, spongebob has to use fart jokes to get a cheap laugh all the characters are flanderized up to 11 so they're not even characters just cardboard cutouts. 2000-2004 of spongebob wasn't perfect either. Even if they go back to the original that won't mean that the damage wont instantly be healed we need to mercy kill it like an infected friend. That is my final case goodbye
Links:
[1]https://www.youtube.com...
Sebastianator01

Con

Well, It was a good match agaisnt you mate, and I still agree, with millions of other people, that Spongebob should continue. Plus, Nickelodeon is an awesome channel that just tries to get the people's attention. I don't think Nickelodeon is at all terrible, it's just trying to appeal to what children have now become accustomed too. Let's be honest, our taste in television is going to be much different to a child living in this time. Spongebob is one of America's favorite tv shows. It will stay like that for a few more years. Paul Tibbit plans on giving Spongebob around 5 more years, or more depending on how well it stays. I have and always will be, a spongebob fan. There are so many dedications for Spongebob and they will continue to grow and grow. I just hope Spongebob episodes become better and funnier.
Posted by Chain 1 year ago
Chain
If Sebastianator01 doesn't post his argument for round 2 i will be kinda sad
Posted by Chain 1 year ago
Chain
Everybody please stop arguing i dont want this to turn into a flamewar or a debate in a debate (debateseption)
Posted by Bahamute619 1 year ago
Bahamute619
@ diegoav98 I am saying that even though it was released in 1999 they made more references to the 2000's and times were already changing. Also your comments are as subjective as mine about whether they are good or not. I like Family Guy, however, many do not anymore. I'm pretty sure that you put double negative in your last sentence, but I am flat out saying that it is not a good show, not even on Par with true (more that 3 years in the decade) 90's shows. My childhood was phenomenal, but thank you for your concern.
Posted by diegoav98 1 year ago
diegoav98
@bahamute
Yeah you said it yourself, 1999 that is still in the 90's. Shows like family guy are still hilarious, i don't know what type of childhood you had but apparently it was not a good one. Spongebob is still awesome nobody can't say that a it isn't
Posted by EAT_IT_SUKA 1 year ago
EAT_IT_SUKA
Ha, I'm joking. But seriously, kids, pay attention to the rules in the first round.
Posted by EAT_IT_SUKA 1 year ago
EAT_IT_SUKA
Sebastianator01 ignored the 'first round is acceptance' from PRO in round 1.

*'The Derp Song' faintly plays somewhere in the distance*
Posted by Bahamute619 1 year ago
Bahamute619
@diegoav98 Who says that being around means that they are good? Look at Scooby Doo, Family Guy, Simpsons, Etc. Just because they are old and still going does not mean that they should. Also I wouldn't really consider Spongebob a 90's cartoon since it basically had the last sliver of the decade (1999). However, Rugrats went to 2006 and then they started All Grown Up (I don't recommend it). Pokemon is annoyingly still going (I have watched over 800 episodes and he is still 10 and loses to amateurs. Do you know how annoying that is?). TMNT is still going, so are Powerrangers, and many more. I find that Spongebob is very immature and goes for easy jokes like Ren and Stimpy did, which were also suggestive, however since my opinion is not ruling I can see why a lot of kids kept it going so far. I just don't believe the hype.
Posted by Bahamute619 1 year ago
Bahamute619
Posted by diegoav98 1 year ago
diegoav98
spongebob is the only show from the 90's still alive and well. They still are making new episodes, why would you want it to die off? Spongebob is actually funny, instead of all the new TV shows that all they do is say the exact same corny jokes over and over again. The new shows are so dang annoying I personally can't stand them.
Posted by CommunistDog 1 year ago
CommunistDog
Chain for the win