Gohan12345
Ragnar

Sponge is a very horrible show it should be removed

Ragnar
Started: 10/31/2013 Category: TV

Gohan12345

Pro

We all know people SpongeBob is for kids. Well here is some news for some of you all about it SpongeBob. SpongeBob has been aired in many places. SpongeBob has killed childhood minds by watching it. Parents who let there kids watch SpongeBob for maybe an hour or so might not be able to skip most of there grades. I have also proof if you don't believe me. When I was in another class the teacher in the class was talking about how SpongeBob was not a good TV series for children to watch. Also my social studies teacher said her two children would not have been able to skip kindergarten if they were watching SpongeBob. SpongeBob is all about your money not your educational. They want you to think Patrick is very dumb but both SpongeBob and Patrick are both idiots in there own ways. Kids also are obsessed with the show once you start buying them actual toys of it and if they watch it more. The only time I watch it is when I have nothing else on the air to watch. So kids stop your parents from buying you SpongeBob collectibles.
Ragnar

Con

Sponge Bob Square Pants is many things, first and foremost a money maker for the network. Thus even if the show were "horrible," why should Nickelodeon remove it from their line-up? Further the series has won almost 40 awards [1], it is the icon of rebellion against oppressive regimes in Egypt [2], and has spawned ways to introduce young viewers to such socially complex issues as cannibalism [3].

Rebuttals:
"We all know people SpongeBob is for kids."
Not true. "Fans come from all walks of life. They're postal workers, high school principals, television and radio announcers, lawyers and law students, ministers, teachers and airport baggage handlers." -L.A. Johnson, Post-Gazette Staff Writer [4].

"Parents who let there kids watch SpongeBob for maybe an hour or so might not be able to skip most of there grades."
This is true but irrelevant, as kids tend to not skip most grades anyway.

"I have also proof if you don't believe me."
Appeal To False Authority. Who are these teachers, and why should we consider their word gospel?

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org...
[2] http://www.vice.com...
[3] Youtube video:
[4] http://old.post-gazette.com...
Gohan12345

Pro

Gohan12345 forfeited this round.
Ragnar

Con

Extend all arguments...

As Gohan12345 (pro) is online right now, I hope for a good R3 argument from him.
Gohan12345

Pro

I call off this debate and I am letting the voters choose
Ragnar

Con

Thank you for coming back, however the final round is a bit late to cancel a debate.

:
Sponge Bob is not a horrible show, as clearly demonstrated by it's roll in inspiring source 3 (the YouTube video).
Sponge Bob should not be removed, as it still makes the network a lot of money, and wins awards as shown in source 1.

As my case and evidence stand unchallenged, Vote Con!
Posted by JMM99 3 years ago
JMM99
i watched spongebob all the time and I've skipped grades.
Posted by legodude123 3 years ago
legodude123
Both sides downfalled this whole yhing fell apart this all opinion
Posted by legodude123 3 years ago
legodude123
This debate was pointless super heroes are better
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
We may have very different definitions of good. I don't believe I ever called it good, I merely argued both against it being outright horrible, and that the network for reasons of greed should not remove it.
Posted by Gohan12345 3 years ago
Gohan12345
Then why are u saying it is good then it really makes no sense if u hate it then u say its a good show
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
Personally I don't.
Posted by Gohan12345 3 years ago
Gohan12345
I don't get it spongebob is not really for kids how do u still watch that.
Posted by TetsuRiken 3 years ago
TetsuRiken
and I don't really agree with Gohan more often then not or find info that not completely right in his augments.
Posted by TetsuRiken 3 years ago
TetsuRiken
I'm note going to vote because I agree with of you so there is no reason.
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
Your people need to read the DDO orientation before continuing at this site: http://www.debate.org...

Particularly the How to Vote section, which is also posted as its own article: http://www.debate.org...
Vote Placed by KingDebater 3 years ago
KingDebater
Gohan12345RagnarTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct to Con because Pro forfeited, Arguments to Con because Pro forfeited.
Vote Placed by Mikal 3 years ago
Mikal
Gohan12345RagnarTied
Reasons for voting decision: concession