Katiema10
wolfsmith

Spongebob Squarepants Should Be Cancelled

Katiema10

Con

Well, Kaitlyn, we have been disputing over this matter for weeks now and I have decided to find out exactly what types of facts you actually have. So, I am going to let you start of the debate, just to prove how wrong you are going to be in the end. ^^
wolfsmith

Pro

there has been reborts of spongebob causing brain cell damage... Mrs. Obama says so, so i will beileve her...
Katiema10

Con

"there has been reborts of spongebob causing brain cell damage"

Viewers. This is 1: Grammatically incorrect on a series of levels.
and, 2: Has no real proof. Have you ever heard of someone losing so many brain cells from a television show that they were unable to cope with daily life problems? Of course not, because there are no such cases. Even if Spongebob did cause a slight amount of your brain cells to die, it would be in no way as harmful as, say, walking by a gas station. The fumes from a single whiff of gasoline kill more brain cells than a 15 minute show.

I would like to bring up another point, as well. There are shows out there that have brighter colors, louder noises, and more annoying voices than all of the Spongebob episodes combined. It just goes to show, why cancel Spongebob Squarepants when you could cancel shows that kill twice the amount of brain cells (according to Mrs. Obama).

"Mrs. Obama says so, so i will beileve her..."

Once again followers, this is not grammatically correct for a start. The next thing I would like to point out about this statement is that it is simply showing that my opponent is a gullible person with no facts on her hands. She is saying that she will go against Spongebob simply because someone else (with power) will. I find that an untrustworthy source. Mrs. Obama is not an expert on Spongebob Squarepants, last time I checked, and has no saying if it does or does not kill brain cells. Scientists and doctors have to prove her theory first.

Scientists are said to have proved Spongebob Squarepants kills brain cells. They did an experiment on a group of children. They were sent to a television and were told to watch Spongebob for 9 minutes. When they turned the television off, the children, apparently, couldn't remember as much as the children who had been coloring or watching PBS shows. I find this ridiculous for two reasons:

1. No matter what you watch on the television, the moment you turn it off, you aren't going to remember exactly what's been happening in the real world for a minute or two, because you were just sucked up into this imaginary world where you could focus on something different.

2. These are children. Young children, at that. If you did the same test on adults, I'd pay money it would show different results.

So, Kaitlyn, I have reversed all of your points. Please, lecture me on why else we should cancel Spongebob.
wolfsmith

Pro

I love the way u prance about acting like u know so much... We'll even if u did the same tests on spongebob is teaching children to be stupid. Screaming such foolish things at each other. Though the main conflicts in the show are based on real world problems much like protects..but they are now taking into a joking manner and are no longer a worry. What r they suppose to think when they grow up. To sing a song and the protects will end. NO.
Katiema10

Con

"the same tests on spongebob is teaching children to be stupid."
1. Grammatically incorrect.
2. By, "the same tests", I assume you mean the tests I was speaking of before? So, what you are saying is, the tests they are doing to prove that Spongebob causes brain damage, is actually making more and more kids stupid? I completely agree. If they would stop their ridiculous "testing" and focused on more important issues, maybe the children of our society would be a bit more logical in things.

"Screaming such foolish things at each other."

1. This, my dear opponent, is a fragment.
2. I am going to assume you mean the dialog inside of the show. It is true that some of the things that Spongebob says are completely irrational, but, a lot of the time, they have some kind of secret meaning behind them.

"Though the main conflicts in the show are based on real world problems much like protects..but they are now taking into a joking manner and are no longer a worry"

1. Grammar. Is. Bad. Again.
2. You must remember that Spongebob started some 13 years ago, and these problems were an issue at the time. But, as the show got older, they simply joked about things from the past.

"What r they suppose to think when they grow up. To sing a song and the protects will end. NO."

1. Grammar...
2. The show is made for little kids, you know....So, they are going to make it so that everything is always happy. In real life, singing songs gets you no where, but, by the time the child has grown, they realize that.

I started off round 3.
Hit me with your best shot.
wolfsmith

Pro

When I was younger I was smarter than most children. Watching the low res. Spongebob... Now I'm soo stupid... U should know... I don't even beileve in what I'm fighting for... I love spongebob with all my heart. I probably know more about spongebob than anyone else.
Katiema10

Con

"When I was younger I was smarter than most children. Watching the low res. Spongebob... Now I'm soo stupid..."

1. Grammar.
2. Your brain issues have nothing to do with watching Spongebob at a young age. It has everything to do with you not paying attention in high school and maybe even dropping out.

"I probably know more about spongebob than anyone else."

1. It's a fricken miracle! Your grammar! :,)
2. Obviously you don't because your points are irrational and invalid.
wolfsmith

Pro

Of course I know more, ask me anything.
Katiema10

Con

Obviously, you are out of stances, so I am going to assume that the majority will vote for me. This has been a very amusing debate and I thank you for attempting to change my views.
wolfsmith

Pro

wolfsmith forfeited this round.