Sonofkong
Veridas

Spongebob Squarepants would beat the terminator

Sonofkong

Pro

I believe that it is a little known fact Spongebob Squarepants is a BAMF. Anyone with a reply may answer and for the time being I will not give away spongebob's powers. All I am saying is no holds in the fight will be barred and by Terminator I mean the standard T-800 Schwarzenegger model.

I look forward to this most epic of battles.
Veridas

Con

Alright.

My opponent is instigating that Spongebob Squarepants...oh dear god this is painful already...Spongebob bleedin' Squarepants would beat the T-800, however, my opponent also said it would be a no-holds-barred fight, since every T-800 is controlled by Skynet, Spongebob wouldn't be fighting the T-800, he'd be fighting skynet, skynet that has access to nuclear weaponry and has been polluting the seas and killing all organic life for a good couple of decades.

(who's dead in a pineapple under the sea?)

In other words, in order for the T-800 to even exist, Skynet must dominate the earth, have already polluted the seas to the point of wiping out all life within them, and have turned the entire earth into the earth we see in Terminator 4, mainly ruined cities and deserts punctuated by small swamps and forests.

Spongebob, just like Squidley and Patrick and that squirrel thing, would already be dead from the pollutants poured into a certain coconut before the T-800 even began production.
Sonofkong

Pro

Sonofkong forfeited this round.
Veridas

Con

Due to the forfeiting of sonofkong, in lieu of an argument, I will begin to tapdance.

Sadly I do not possess a webcam, however.

Enjoy the show.
Sonofkong

Pro

I am sorry for not being around last round as I had urgent business. However I would like to elaborate and say that it is only one Terminator coming to Bikini Bottom through time rather than the entire Skynet army. It is not revealed the Terminators motivations except he wants Spongebob dead. as this is no holds barred we will herefore give this little sponge alll of Skynets abilities.
Living in a house with small children I have wacthed a varity of episodes including the movie and deduced that spongebob is invulrable. Here are a list of examples. (I am sorry but I can not source these I can not source these.)
Indestructability:
(1): In an episode where Spongebob eats a bomb in a pie (don't ask.) after a specific point in time the bomb detonates with an obvious explosion, blowing up a neigboring wall and injuring a bystander to a burning crisp, and spongebob doesn't notice. Even the terminator would be killed by an internal explosion. Although this and almost all of the examples are comic relief, he can assumingly use these powers at will. Unlike Roger rabbit rules. (He can only use them when it would be funny.)
(2): In an episode where Squidward is describing a murder (Nickelodeon material, right)Spongebob imitates it by chopping off his own arm and grasping it regrowing his arm and cutting off the opposite hand in a wash rinse repeat fashion. I can liken him to a silver terminator right now.
(3): Although he is not physically destroyed, in a bullying episode an extremely schwarzenneger-esque fish repeateadly punches him with not a single wince of pain or a drop of sweat. This proceeds for a period of over 24 hours and the fish eventually passes out. As spongebob says, "I must be made out of some spongy material."
Stamina:
(1): In a complex plot where spongebob gains superpowers. He has the ability to run cartoonishly fast to the point of creating a tornado and burning himself into nothingness. He still sruvives of course and is fully able to gain these superpowers again but never does.
(2): In an extremely creepy episode when he is locked in a cave and trying to eat a freind as cannibalism he uses a few lures and traps but manages to last a long time without food. Although the terminator does not need food this could help in the case of Bikini bottom turning into something similar to the deserts and wastelands in Terminator 4.
Mentality:
(1): When spongebob is fighting a co-worker over a promotion, he goes into a military attitude similar to that of patton and lays elaborate predator style traps to prevent him from going to his workplace. These are so ingenious and cartoonish they would no doubt alone defeat a terminator easier than a pool of molten metal. As an added note for stamina he runs extremely fast to beat the opponent he runs to the workplace for a long point of time although not a supernatural amount.
(2): As he is constantly practicing karate with a freind he has (I am serious) trained himself to be aware for any sneak attack and even has Karate gloves handy.
Strength:
(1): Spongebob has over the past been trained in Karate, Wrestling, Olympics and even has a spatula which can shoot patties as projectiles with shotgun force. I am not making this up.
(2): As a phenominally bad driver, it is a running theme to have him destroy the town, buildings and all unintentionnaly. He would be great in a drive by.
Over all spongebob wwith no holds barred would be a perfect opponent for anyone out there and might even compare to a silver terminator.
Veridas

Con

All that's all good and all, but why would the terminator need to time travel? Spongebob is clearly no threat.

Also, all that doesn't take into consideration the fact that Spongebob is at best an amphibious creature, remove the water and he'll probably just suffocate.
Posted by Veridas 7 years ago
Veridas
True, but the instigator of this debate didn't say that their combat would be direct. Indirect combat (or fighting without fighting) is still combat. Besides, you can't fight something that's already dead. (Well you can but it'd be pretty one-sided.)
Posted by jaweber1 7 years ago
jaweber1
Fact of the matter is you are arguing against the possibility of them fighting because the sponge would be dead already. The topic is the Sponge "would" beat the terminator.
Posted by Veridas 7 years ago
Veridas
Screw it, I'm bored, prepare thyself.
Posted by Veridas 7 years ago
Veridas
Are you high?
Vote Placed by Sonofkong 6 years ago
Sonofkong
SonofkongVeridasTied
Vote Placed by Pwnu059 7 years ago
Pwnu059
SonofkongVeridasTied
Vote Placed by Loserboi 7 years ago
Loserboi
SonofkongVeridasTied
Vote Placed by russianmaster999 7 years ago
russianmaster999
SonofkongVeridasTied
Vote Placed by jaweber1 7 years ago
jaweber1
SonofkongVeridasTied