spiderman12345
jwall

Spongebob is dangerous for young minds

spiderman12345
Started: 1/12/2014 Category: TV

spiderman12345

Pro

My argument will be simple
SpongeBob could be harmful to the human brain
A study has been shown that a group of four year olds in a University were split up. Some of them watched a documentary and the other groups watched SpongeBob. Then later on they were tested and the ones who watched SpongeBob did very poorly then the ones who watched a documentary.

2) Causes children to have poor attention spans. With this short attention span children attend to do poorly in school. Which makes your grades go downfall. It also has been proven to cause loss of memory and learning problems

3) SpongeBob has very fast animation which can lead to mimic of behavior and could also ruin and affect the brain cells.

4) It has also been proven to show homosexual activity. According to the Mississippi-based American Family Association, the video subtly promotes homosexuality and all sexual orientations. As showed in a episode of SpongeBob Patrick and SpongeBob brought a toy in a package and when they thought it was no use they huddled together and rolled over on each other. This could affect the brain and children can take this out on the real world.
jwall

Con

Spongebob is not dangerous because even though there may be MILD violence(which there really isnt, believe me.) the children just laugh, move on, and pay no attention to it. any suggestive themes are overlooked by children because they have no siding to them what so ever.
spiderman12345

Pro

And your proof is where? There was a real report that SpongeBob is dangerous
jwall

Con

It was only yesterday that I was watching my daily dose of spongebob and I saw one battle where spongebob and Patrick are fighting with sand and have an epic war but at the end they make up. These are the kinds of things that make a kid smarter. No matter what, you always have to be nice to anyone, no matter who they are and I don't think there are many things wrong with that.
spiderman12345

Pro

You're being asserted. How will it make kids smarter because the last time I checked cartons are for entertainment. And can you please provide your proof.
jwall

Con

First of all, you dont need proof, we all have benn kids before. And second, if you see someone fightng, then they make up and are friends, then the people watching learn and take a lesson from that
Posted by spiderman12345 2 years ago
spiderman12345
Damn I spelled cartoon wrong.
Posted by spiderman12345 2 years ago
spiderman12345
Great to know.
Posted by Cornelius 2 years ago
Cornelius
It promotes homosexuality? You're saying it as if it's a bad thing.
Posted by spiderman12345 2 years ago
spiderman12345
@boyswithstrongopinion how will that change anything
Posted by boywithastrongopinion 2 years ago
boywithastrongopinion
You should've used Honey Boo Boo instead of Spongebob. The contender will have no chance.
Vote Placed by BaconLover 2 years ago
BaconLover
spiderman12345jwallTied
Reasons for voting decision: I agreed with Pro before and after, I was even more cemented j. My view. They both had good conduct, though the spelling and grammar was lacking. Con was the better of two evils on that point. Pro had 10x more convincing arguments and as Con didn't use sources but Pro used multiple good sources.
Vote Placed by Gohan12345 2 years ago
Gohan12345
spiderman12345jwallTied
Reasons for voting decision: S&G con spelled wrong no spelling mistakes from pro. I had to agree that spongebob is a bad show but doesn't harm minds but con went of topic. Pro had a full argument. Con barely showed a little progress. But pro showed slightly more progress. Resource because he stated where he got the evidence. This is my vote for now
Vote Placed by Josh_b 2 years ago
Josh_b
spiderman12345jwallTied
Reasons for voting decision: hard to decide. pro made accusations that I expected him to follow up in the next round. But his points really got lost when he allowed Con to change the topic in rounds 2 and 3.