vegas_berg
rross

Sports fan deciding to stop watching sports

rross
Started: 12/17/2012 Category: Sports

vegas_berg

Pro

I have been a sports fan since I can remember how to suck a bottle. What sport (s) or team is irrelevant. Why does this fantasy of Watching other people play sports( I play the same sports at my own level) become so obsessive and control so many peoples lives? Its expensive to follow, takes up so much time and creates friction with others that may vote for another team or person. Why do we give a crap ? Why care about someone else's fame, fortune, riches, bitches all the above........I never cared about getting autographs from athletes, famous people? Why not just say hi or maybe start a conversation? What is the attraction of this Fantasy of meeting someone famous? My first debate, I don't know if this is a debate or not:) Why is it so Important to people to follow sports, I honestly think its stupid and very Feminine, watching other Men do things You've only dreamed of.........Thats right..........Gay, LOL
rross

Con

Hello Vegas Berg. This is an interesting topic. I don't think it's gay to watch sports. I'm a heterosexual woman, myself, and I am only ever mildly turned on by watching men play sport, if even that. Mostly, it's just boring. But why? Take AFL (Australian Rules Football). The men who play that are very fit, they wear skimpy, tight clothing, they fling themselves about in all kinds of poses, and they rub each others bottoms. It should be a form of porn, really. But it isn't. Mind you, if you ever meet one of these guys in person, and he's not drunk, it's a different story.

Also, if you go to watch men's sports with men, they never pay you as much attention as they would normally. I think that sport is simply not a sexy thing.

In response to your argument about why watch sports at all: why not? How to keep young men occupied is a problem that every society has to deal with. Compared with every other demographic, young men are more violent, more reckless, and more dangerous. Nobody likes to see a group of young men hanging about on the streets with nothing to do. This is why sport is so great. A few of them can play it, and the rest can gather in a confined space to watch.
vegas_berg

Pro

vegas_berg forfeited this round.
rross

Con

Yep. Gone back to watching sports. Good for you.
vegas_berg

Pro

vegas_berg forfeited this round.
rross

Con

Pro forfeited. Vote CON!
Vote Placed by johnlubba 4 years ago
johnlubba
vegas_bergrrossTied
Reasons for voting decision: Shame about the FF because I was actually looking forward to what Pro had to say further. Con round two won it for me. :)