scorepit
SupaDudz

Sports fun or not?

SupaDudz
Started: 1/9/2018 Category: Sports

scorepit

Con

Even though many people have fond memories of sports and like to play sports in reality most sports are either too violent or too boring. Football is too physical,soccer is boring, baseball is boring so on so on. I don't really get how people could really play with a ball for such a long time and just never get bored. I know sports is supposed to be a simple joy but to me sports is very boring and narrow. While videogames have a wide variety of types. MIllions of completely different games, and what does sports have? A game with a small ball, a game with a big ball, a game with a a medium sized ball. Speaking of which god how people who play sports really do love balls don't they? Why does it always have to have balls? The only sport i can think of that doesn't have balls is hockey and even then they have a puck which is a 2d ball.
SupaDudz

Pro

Acceptance

Introduction: We all have different beliefs on sports. You like them or you don't most likely. I will try to convince the judges why Sports are fun

Violent is defined as using or involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something.
Boring is defined as not interesting; tedious.

If a sport is boring then you obviously don't need to watch it. it is something that suits your style. I am a fan of baseball and hockey. I just don't watch the sports because they are defined as boring. If you think they are boring well good for you, but in general, I will argue how sports are fun!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) AT Violent

EXT 1, AT VIOLENT) Sports do not kill, people do. In a certain match in sports, there have been no incidents where a player has died due to a hard hit. Therefore if you agree to the definition which is reasonable, sports do not kill people. In a particular match you will not get killed in game. It has never happened and the odds of it happening are slim. Vote here on reasonability

EXT 2, AT Violent) Deaths after retirement caused by sports related issues don't matter. It's the life they chose and if they die because of it. It is solely on them. We are not in the old school, it is the new school

EXT 3, AT Violent) In a game of sports, the intent of the game is never to hurt the team physically. We never try to injure another player and if there is intentional or even unintentional, the player is fined a lot of money. That is also the players fault, not the game itself

Moving On..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2) Too Boring

EXT 1, AT Boring) The game is what you enjoy the most, not the rules and regulations which I like to add are constantly changing. You are looking at it through a gamers eyes(which is not bad, just a perception of thinking), where you look at things in a certain rule and have a set guidelines and one objectives to follow with 2 outcomes. In the game of basketball for say, there are many ways and outcomes that can happen during a set play. Steal, pass, shot, block, etc. It seems boring in your eyes, but it really isn't.

EXT 2, AT Boring) The beauty of sports is the same game played over and over again and how teams and the game evolves. Look with basketball. 30 years ago the 3pt shot was nothing. Now it has become a trend. Evolvement of the game is what makes it enjoyable. Moving on.
------------------------------------------------------------------
3)Too much balls?

Uhm not every sport has a ball. Track and field, swimming, javelin, ice skating, so idk what you mean. Vote for me on this due to irrelevancy

--------------------------------------------
CONCLUDE

Vote for Me! Sports have a benefit to all and it is only the mentally of the person who thinks sports are boring

Awaiting your answers
scorepit

Con

Ok firstly, you said sports evolves. But honestly does it? Every game might feel a bit different but in the end when i play a game of baseball i can hardly distinguish it from any other game of baseball. Also this is only to the others who said i would chicken out, i'm not chickening out on this. When i start a debate it's because i'm confident i can most likely win and if i don't it's still fun to debate. I'm not a wuss and i mainly do this for the heck of it. Alright back to my debate, secondly, in sports i don't mean violence that kills i mean sports that injure and hurt people. Especially football with soccer as a close second. Grantit is it necessarily the sports fault? No not really but the sport itself ends up usually causing violence so it doesn't make a difference whether if it's the sports fault or not. Thirdly, i meant sports as in mainstream sports. Not the other ones like swimming which in all reality arn't really sports in my opinion (because they feel more like random activities rather than sports, except for chess, however even then chess is a game not a sport). Finally, i know you say the beauty of sports is that it stays the same. I agree, however, i still think it is boring because sports... well in sports when you play with people (casually) they tend to be more focused on physical agility and speed rather than skill, knowledge, or strategy. But in videogames you're not using your body so its all fair game when you lose.
SupaDudz

Pro

'Ok firstly, you said sports evolves. But honestly does it? Every game might feel a bit different but in the end when i play a game of baseball i can hardly distinguish it from any other game of baseball."

You have only lived a certain amount of years in your life that you would you say it is just the same. When you look at it from, lets say 30yr old eyes. If you look at the old film from the 80 and 90s, you see that the play style and teams have evolved. Tactics have changed and play styles change. If you dive deep into a sports game, you see that teams don't run the same plans every day. They need to adapt to the team they're playing. If may not feel the same to you, but that is because you have never had the mentality to analyze it that way. If you look deeper, neither game is the same, it may look as if it is on paper.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Alright back to my debate, secondly, in sports i don't mean violence that kills i mean sports that injure and hurt people. Especially football with soccer as a close second. Grantit is it necessarily the sports fault? No not really but the sport itself ends up usually causing violence so it doesn't make a difference whether if it's the sports fault or not."

Again, the players are the ones that injure the people, not the sport itself. The players are the ones that do the injuring due to their body types and mentality. The sport can't control it. It has a certain set of rules which to follow. If a player does intentionally hurt someone or injure them, they are severely fined and suspended. But the goal of the players is to make a play. You can't blame the sport itself for the injuries. Medical advancements also limit these injuries as well so athletes don't have to go through the pain. The sport can't control a players body and mentality, it controls the rules of the game and how it is played. Sports don't cause because they are not doing the injury. Case closed.

------------------------------------------------------------
" Thirdly, i meant sports as in mainstream sports. Not the other ones like swimming which in all reality arn't really sports in my opinion (because they feel more like random activities rather than sports, except for chess, however even then chess is a game not a sport)."

I am not debating you about which is a sport and which isn't because SWIMMING IS CONSIDERED A SPORT. It is in the Olympics and that is a game of sports. So that is just your opinion.

DROPPED: Why do sports have to be balls?
I responded by saying that's the way it is and not all sports have balls. He never responds, therefore, Vote on this argument
"Finally, i know you say the beauty of sports is that it stays the same. I agree, however, i still think it is boring because sports... well in sports when you play with people (casually) they tend to be more focused on physical agility and speed rather than skill, knowledge, or strategy. But in videogames you're not using your body so its all fair game when you lose."

My whole point was that sports are fun and the beauty of them being fun is the same level. The beauty of sports id the different agility and physicality which can also be applied to in video games as well with skill and inventory and knowledge. It's not a fair game in video games when you are a noob and don't know diddly squat about the game. You think it's boring or it is boring. The point of it being fun is the sameness and if you agree, you basically agree with the claim. Vote for me!
scorepit

Con

Aright ok lets go. So firstly you mistundrstood one of my points. I said it's not the sports fault HOWEVER INJURIES HAPPEN ANYWAY. Secondly, you also misunderstood my last point as well. I was saying that in videogames it doesn't matter if your fast or not, fit or not. So the game isn't going to be hard because your body isn't as fit as the other players. In videogames, you learn the rules, you make strategy, you have equal chance. But in real life theres fitness differences. So if one team has players way faster then the others theres a good chance of them winning the game. While this does encourage exercise it overall makes it so that half the reason why you won a sports game was because of your fitness. God, you really have a hard time seeing the point i'm trying to make. Basically just in case you still don't get my last point from before, in videogames knowledge and strategy help you win, and while those two things are in sports too in sports you have to be fit. So basically you could be a football expert but still lose every game you play because you're too weak or you're too slow and don't have all that much stamina. Finally another point i'd like to make, this last point is more personal experience but i think everyone can relate. I hate whenever i'm playing a sport and theres one guy who is yelling at me to run faster or to just plain do better. I try my best in sports but some people just expect me to have really high stamina but I don't, this usually leads me to getting yelled at by other people. I hate this because it means my lack of stamina means i can hardly participate in any sports because i'l get crushed.
SupaDudz

Pro

The Final Countdown and the last blow. It's gonna get ugly very fast and that's how we seem to be playing
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In round 3, you say "I said it's not the sports fault HOWEVER INJURIES HAPPEN ANYWAY."

Well, injuries can happen anywhere. That's sort of unfair. You can brake a finger from playing a video game as well. Injuries will happen everywhere in life. Sports are not the only causes of injury. Also, the nature of sports is not as violent as think. Some sports don't require too much contact and the injuries never happen. If they happen, so what? Technology and therapy are so much better than athletes are able to step on the pitch sooner than later. That's too broad

DROPPED: Medical

WHY I WIN THIS: Injuries being normal in sports can be limited because medical treatment which reduces the impact of the injury impact. The CON team never answer, so vote PRO on dropped claims and reasonability
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok ok so your R3 was just an incompetent tangine which was basically a life rant so I am going to divide this up so my life isn't hard.

". Secondly, you also misunderstood my last point as well. I was saying that in videogames it doesn't matter if your fast or not, fit or not. So the game isn't going to be hard because your body isn't as fit as the other players. In videogames, you learn the rules, you make strategy, you have equal chance But in real life theres fitness differences. So if one team has players way faster then the others theres a good chance of them winning the game.."

So first off a brain is a part of your body so we can agree on that. Physically in video games, you can have limited playing time, weak software, bad framerate, and bad graphics, bad hand-eye coordination, and bad reaction time. That's the nit-picky. You're making it seem like no one has advantages in video games while that is obviously not true. Even mentally, some people can't find people fast or can't adapt strategy quickly, or even more experienced, like some people are quicker and stronger. Isaiah Thomas and Nate Robinson are considered All-Stars and were NBA All-Stars! They stand a 5'9" and 5'6". You don't think they are at a disadvantage, well look. It's about how you persevere. If you just say sports are unfair and give up, you are simply a quitter. Also, you don't know how logic works in sports and the analytics. I don't have time to explain but simply, bad teams get higher draft picks so they get better in the future. They are at a disadvantage now, but they won't be later. Also they might have a good chance, but does that mean they will? No, invalid argument.

"But in real life theres fitness differences. So if one team has players way faster then the others theres a good chance of them winning the game. While this does encourage exercise it overall makes it so that half the reason why you won a sports game was because of your fitness."

Again, good for that guy. He seemed to persevere to work to succeed. Exactly like video games. Also getting exercise is good! I want my body in good shape along with you. Sports and training help you do that. You can't deny this. Again read the reasoning provided but simply a team can win if a team is playing bad and a team can be good in the future and young talent can shine when use rightly. Sports is more than just body.

"God, you really have a hard time seeing the point i'm trying to make."

Nah I understand...go on...

"Basically just in case you still don't get my last point from before, in videogames knowledge and strategy help you win..."

Nope not true read my points above judge.

"...and while those two things are in sports too in sports you have to be fit. So basically you could be a football expert but still lose every game you play because you're too weak or you're too slow and don't have all that much stamina."

Well, you can still make a living around sports. Like commentator, analyst, news reporter, coach, trainer, and etc. Dude if you're going that direction sports offer multiple fields for like analyst. Just because they don't play the game doesn't mean they have to separate themselves from sports.

"Finally another point i'd like to make, this last point is more personal experience but i think everyone can relate. I hate whenever i'm playing a sport and theres one guy who is yelling at me to run faster or to just plain do better. I try my best in sports but some people just expect me to have really high stamina but I don't, this usually leads me to getting yelled at by other people. I hate this because it means my lack of stamina means i can hardly participate in any sports because i'l get crushed."

Your team is only trying to help you out in the long run. And honestly is this true? When teamates pump me up and do better, they always pump me up and get me working harder. That seems like a you issue nd not a debate issue so don't vote on this.

WHY I WIN: Irrevalant tangine that meant nothing and my evidence and responses are more comprehensive
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You never answered my sports argument with your tangine which means all the sport I listed are sports and when you said all sports have balls that means your wrong. That means it's 3v2

My arguments are better and have more. Vote for me!
Posted by SupaDudz 6 months ago
SupaDudz
I got salty near the end... sorry bout that but gl
Posted by SupaDudz 6 months ago
SupaDudz
Awaiting. Let's say it might be very harsh tbh
Posted by FanboyMctroll 6 months ago
FanboyMctroll
I would accept too, but he would just chicken out by the second round

Anyways sports is a personal choice like art or music or reading. It's a hobby, some people like gardening, I personally think it's retarded. Everyone has different interests. I love sports, my brother loves music, I think music is gay but he loves it. Everyone has different interests and so debating which one is better or less boring is just a waste of time.
Posted by TheModernPsyche1 6 months ago
TheModernPsyche1
The reason why many things are fun, video games or sports, is because it is a challenge. Just as you enjoy the task of trying to complete a level or achieve a high score, others enjoy the challenge of competing against another team. Also, there is a social aspect to both video games (depending on which one you play) and sports. Friendships are formed, and that is a good thing.
Posted by Nd2400 6 months ago
Nd2400
I was thinking of accepting but not sure you would finish this debate.
Posted by Nd2400 6 months ago
Nd2400
Im guessing you never played a sport or you never were good at it. Sports can be healthy, it can created leaders and it can be fun like a last second shoot, or a game 7 of a world series in the bottom of the 9th inn bases loaded with two outs. Or a football game its a tie game coming down in the last minute... You hate sports because you don't understand it, nor played any sports. But it make billion And billions of dollars a year, between. The pros and college. Did i mention it good for kids self esteem and it just fun trying to win a game...
Vote Placed by Ragnar 6 months ago
Ragnar
scorepitSupaDudzTied
Reasons for voting decision: It was kind of a self defeating argument, as pro pointed out, they are not watched for being boring... Con of course failed to stay on topic of if sports are fun; if video games are more fun would be a whole other debate, and if they're too violent would again be another debate. Pro on the other hand showed that sports are fun enough for the players (even willing to risk grievous injury) , and they're also varied with more things than just balls (con attempted to discredit the variance by moving the goalpost, or perhaps just lack of familiarity with the normal english definition of sports...). My biggest advice for con, would simply be break apart your ideas into separate paragraphs.