Sports Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

are boys better at basketball than girls?

life14
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2

Tell me why boys are better at basketball ?...

Debating Period
9 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

Is the SEC the best conference in college football?

dcfflames10
Kc135afr

Is the SEC the best conference in college football? The Big Ten was 7-1 in bowl games this bowl season, yet the SEC still had two teams in the college football playoff and those two teams played each other for the championship. Is the SEC really is just that good or did the Big Ten got left out?...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 12 Hours Ago

Professional athletes on the same team should be paid equal salaries to improve team performance

Edwardclark
NKJVPosttribulationist

Clayton Kershaw of the Dodgers, who, granted, is objectively a tremendous player, was paid about $35,000,000 in 2017 for playing in 27 games out of the season's 162 games, which comes out to about $1,300,000 per appearance. In comparison, teammate Yasmani Grandal, a starting catcher (arguably one of the most physically demanding positions,) was paid about $5,500,000 in the same year for playing in 129 games, about $43,000 per appearance, and about a sixth of what his teammate made that year....

Voting Period
13 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Coaches should not be allowed to yell at their players

Kylar
Discoverypal

Hey everybody :)! This is a challenge to anyone who wishes to have a pleasant debate with me. I believe with all my heart a coach should be forbidden to yell at their players. I find it in poor taste, and embarrassing. I will develop this in later rounds. First round=Acceptance. Good luck!...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Should Athletes using performance enhancing drugs be subject to harsh punishment

caden2203
DebateVex

Athletes should be punished for using performance enhancing drugs...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago

College basketball is a more interesting sport than College football

birdlandmemories
Nd2400

The first round is for acceptance. The 2nd round is for arguments. The 3rd round is for rebuttals. The 4th round is for closing statements. College basketball and college football are quite possibly the 2 most popular amateur sports. People all across the country watch these sports on a daily basis, whether it be cheering on an alma-mater, or just watching on television to pass the time. I, pro, will argue that college basketball is the more interesting sport, while con will argue that Colle...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Was Jon Gruden a good hire by the Oakland Raiders?

RyanR93
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2

Jack Del Rio was fired after a disappointing 6-10 season and only going 25-23 as head coach of the Raiders in 3 seasons. During that stretch they posted one winning season and one playoff appearance. Quickly after the release of Del Rio they announce that they have intentions of signing and did sign Jon Gruden for a 10 year/$100 million deal. My position is that it is a great hire by the Oakland Raiders, because Gruden has had several years to reflect and still remain close to the game through v...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

Is NHL Expasion in the south good?

Zombieguy835
Lionstar

I will be debating on why the expansion to the southern U.S has helped the NHL and hockey in general This round is only acceptance...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Curling is a sport

Kylar
Debater022022

This is a challenge to a debate over whether or not curling [ice and broom and stone] is a sport. I look forward to a rousing and interesting debate on this subject. Having played III seasons of curling in high school, ultimately lettering in it, I will be making the case that curling is in fact a sport. The burden of proof that it is not rests on my opponent. I am excited for this debate, and hope to have a good, civil, kind, and well thought out debate. Thank you in advance to whoever wishes t...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Sports fun or not?

scorepit
SupaDudz

Even though many people have fond memories of sports and like to play sports in reality most sports are either too violent or too boring. Football is too physical,soccer is boring, baseball is boring so on so on. I don't really get how people could really play with a ball for such a long time and just never get bored. I know sports is supposed to be a simple joy but to me sports is very boring and narrow. While videogames have a wide variety of types. MIllions of completely different games, and...

Voting Period
6 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago