southwinds
Koopin

Sportsmen are more busy in posing for an advertisement than to practising

Started: 11/8/2009 Category: Sports

southwinds

Pro

"Yeh hai Yangistaan Meri Jaan!"- and Mahendra Singh Dhoni is now seen commanding more on Pepsi and Reebok television commercials than shaping up on field, coming up more as an amateur actor and experimenting with new looks than training and practicing with the coach. Today, be it Sania Mirza, David Bekham or Mahendra Singh Dhoni, no matter how popular they may be, the ultimate and the only rational reason why spectators like them in the commercials is because of their spectacular performance in their chosen field and command on their respective sport. No matter how Big and Popular they become, a slight loosening of this grip on sporting finesse and expertise could push them into immediate oblivion and overall downfall. This unrestrained fame appetite could be a possible and a justifiable reason for their downfall. We have seen, it just needs a one- time success story and it wouldn't take a moment for any sportsperson to come on a reality television show or a product promotional video, and not to mention some of them even try their luck on the BIG SCREEN. It seems sport is only the first step of their overall ambitious list of achievements. If all the sportsmen are busy with the ROYAL STAG advertisement success with Saif Ali Khan just to "Make it Large" (punchline of Stag), who would bother about the sport? Give a damn to it! Leave it to the sponsors. They have enough funds to create a big buzz and glamorize the tournament. Alas! Where has the sport been long forgotten? Yet another case of collapsing sportsmanship among our sportsmen! They are trapped in the race for fame and money and the sport is left way behind, unattended and which would definitely not be attended until downfall.

In the recent T-20, India had played awfully and one of the major, in fact, the most crucial reason for this was their endorsement engagements. While West Indies, South Africa, Zimbabwe were busy practicing with the spirit they possess, our very own Indians found it more lucrative to get short term and easy benefits by signing in for commercials like Britannia, X- Pens and Y-Shoes. Fancy, our so called international representatives going in for endorsements over game! Where have the standards gone? Is money so important that you would just do anything even when you are upholding your nation to the others? I feel sick when I see this!

I think I should stop. But gleefully i've to say sports has been lost somwhere into the deserts of doom.
Koopin

Con

Usually I would thank my opponent for taking the time out of his or her busy life to write a good argument. But not in this case, in this debate, the Pro has copied a link location and stolen the words from the site. Here is the link where you can read exactly what he posted. http://theviewspaper.net...
I do believe that it is now a case of Plagiarized, which is illegal. Already I heavily suggest a Con vote. since I am debating against a plagiarist. I will give him this round without an argument. I will start my brief discussion in round two
southwinds

Pro

Well! Actually Koopin. I respect what are your views but I would like 2 mke it very clear that in that case I may have acted like plagiarist, but actually I'm not. And I'm very sorry for copying the text from some other link, which you mentioned very correctly. AND AS I FEEL THAT YOU ARE VERY MUCH CHALLENGING TO DEBATE WITH SO I THROW A CHALLENGE FOR YOU TO START> AND I HOPE THAT YOU DONT FEEL BAD> PLEASE DONT MAKE ANY BAD IMAGE OF ME> I DONT WANTO CUT ANY SORRY FIGURE> KOOPIN LETS JUST MAKE THIS DEBATE WORTH REMEMBERING> AND I PROMISE THAT I WONT BE REPEATIN THIS NXT TIME>
Koopin

Con

First of all, My opponent claims he did not act as a plagiarist, But there is no denying it http://dictionary.reference.com...
If you look at the bottom of the new page you stole the words from http://theviewspaper.net...
you will see it says copyright 2009.

My opponent has admited that he used another persons text, but he still wishes me to have a fair debate with him without using his own words. The fact that he is sorry does not mean that it is still a fair fight, you have other rounds, make your point using your exact words, I advice you to use spell check, and make sure the right letters are capitalized.

Lastly, I am sorry if I sound rude but your grammar needs to be a bit better, some things just don't make scene. You said

"AND I HOPE THAT YOU DONT FEEL BAD>" Why would I feel bad, I did not use copied text?
"PLEASE DONT MAKE ANY BAD IMAGE OF ME> I DONT WANTO CUT ANY SORRY FIGURE>" You did that without my help
"KOOPIN LETS JUST MAKE THIS DEBATE WORTH REMEMBERING>" I am still willing to have a debate, but this one is already ruined,

Audience, I heavily urge a con vote.
southwinds

Pro

southwinds forfeited this round.
Koopin

Con

Southwinds has forfeited this round.
I will now states a short argument.

Not all sportsmen get on a commercial, If you are you are very lucky, or very good. Most sportsmen who get on tv are the main stars. Let us take NFL football for example. Tom Brady has been on some commercials, and has taken a few pictures advertising for shoes and shirts. Randy moss has also done a few commercials. Besides these two there has not been many photo shoots from any other team member.
The Patriots practice four days a week and play a game one day a week. That leaves just two days a week, but in those two days they do not just take pictures. They go out with their families, hang out with friends, and sometimes, if they are lucky, do some advertising.

Please try to use some words of your own. Thank you
southwinds

Pro

southwinds forfeited this round.
Koopin

Con

SouthWind has again forfeited.
southwinds

Pro

southwinds forfeited this round.
Koopin

Con

Southwind has again forfeited. Vote con

Thank you audience for reading.
Posted by Koopin 7 years ago
Koopin
the lame part about this is that I will probably have to wait 12 days till this is over.
Posted by Koopin 7 years ago
Koopin
yea... easy win!
Posted by Registered_Trademark 7 years ago
Registered_Trademark
Why would pro make this a 5 round debate? I can already tell how this is going to result in numerous forfeits.
Posted by Koopin 7 years ago
Koopin
I think this one is my win, I have some evidence that these words are not the words of a 14 year old boy. Already, I heavily suggest a con vote
Vote Placed by True2GaGa 7 years ago
True2GaGa
southwindsKoopinTied
Vote Placed by Nails 7 years ago
Nails
southwindsKoopinTied
Vote Placed by Koopin 7 years ago
Koopin
southwindsKoopinTied