Stalin was the most influential leader of the 20th century.

If you choose the accept this debate then please state your arguments. I will respond in the next round.

hello. I have accepted it as a person who studied the history of central aisa and USSR(or in russian: soyuz sovetskih sotcialisticheski respubliki :)) I am not so good at the history of them but I think it is enough to accept it.. p.s: if I forfeit a round write on your arguements, I will answer them later cause I may forfeit sometimes because I have no enough time everyday. a seychas, udachi vasek ;)(I think u speak russian)

I am against him, Stalin was not the most influential in 20.century.
but what does my opponent mean by saying influential? negative or positive? if he meant negative fluence, then no need to debate it, I also think that he maybe the most succesfull dictator. maybe he was the most negative influential person in 20th century but he was not a good person, now I will write some arguements. however, if I find a better prominent figure/political leader than Stalin that means Stalin was not the most inluential leader and my opponent fails. If I find one leader who was better than Stalin then it means my opponent fails.

in 1932, the soviets made a massacre or genocyde in ukraine under the leadership of Stalin. it caused about 7000 000 death, he was not a good role for people, was he? it is not a good role for people, but if you want to be a dictator, then Stalin might be a good role for you and for those who wishes to be dictator, then Stalin may be the most influential leader for you, come on the future dictators take after Stalin!

my opponent says Stalin was the most infuential in 20 it means Stalin was more influential than all other leaders who lived/GOVERNED in 20th century, Mahatma Gandi also lived in 20th century, Mahatma Gandi was better than Stalin, he didnt ordered to kill people, he was not racist, Gandi didnot force anybody to become atheist, but Stalin killed so many muslim leaders in central aisa because of they didnt convert to atheism. according to human rights, everybody has the right to believe in religion but Stalin didnt give a right to believe in religion(of course at that time there was not human rights but even at the time there was no human rights Gandi DIDNOT act as Stalin did, so in this point I can say Gandi was better than Stalin.
Stalin was a dictator Gandi was not. IMO
Gandi was a peacemaker, he prevented some events against the british who were the enemy of Gandi, Gandi was friendly with even with his enemies.
Gandi always respected the religion of other people, he respected and supported muslims even though muslims were considered as an enemy by his followers, he respected christians but what Stalin has done? he ordered to kill those who doesnt leave his religion.(soviet communism includes no religion and propogates atheism) killing person due to his belief contradicts the liberty and the right of person.

Georgian historian Roy Aleksandrovich Medvedev stimated that the death toll directly attributable to Stalin’s rule amounted to some 20 million lives (on top of the estimated 20 million Soviet troops and civilians who perished in the Second World War), for a total tally of 40 million.
1 million imprisoned or exiled between 1927 to 1929; 9 to 11 million peasants forced off their lands and another 2 to 3 million peasants arrested or exiled in the mass collectivization program.
6 to 7 million killed by an artificial famine in 1932-1934; 1 million exiled from Moscow and Leningrad in 1935; 1 million executed during the 'Great Terror' of 1937-1938; 4 to 6 million dispatched to forced labor camps; 10 to 12 million people forcibly relocated during World War II; and at least 1 million arrested for various “political crimes” from 1946 to 1953.

Indeed, Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, the literary giant who wrote harrowingly about the Soviet gulag system, claimed the true number of Stalin’s victims might have been as high as 60 million.

in the book "Unnatural Deaths in the U.S.S.R.: 1928-1954" I.G. Dyadkin estimated that the USSR suffered 56 to 62 million "unnatural deaths" during that period, with 34 to 49 million directly linked to Stalin.

British historian Norman Davies counted 50 million killed between 1924-53, excluding wartime casualties.

I think it is enough for now and I have to go, we will go on.

I think Hitler was better than Stalin.

STALIN forfeited this round.

write something so that the time will not be wasted and the debate will end soon. sorry for wasting this debate.

ty goworish po ruski?

Da, ia govoryu po ruski. Moyo imya "Tavarish Stalin". A ty goworish po ruski?

Artur forfeited this round.

a ti kto?

izvini, u menya vremya ne byl. ya Arthur, moy ruski slaby no hvatit dlya besede Tavarishi Stalin. u menya byl ochen mnogo dela a seycxhas ya vhodil na internet.

I hope I spoke right :)) I was so busy, sorry for forfeiting. my russian maybe preintermediate, I have studied history of soviets and practiced russian with russians, ukraines and beluruses, I have travelled with russians and lived with them too.

Horosho govorish ti po ruski. Skolko let ti uchil ruskiy iazik?

pochti ne uchil, cnachala pocmotrel filmy(watch) na ruskom, potom odin ruskaya devushka izuchal alfawit i rody(jenski, mujskoy) potom s praktika ya izuchal kak goworit po ruski, ne uchil na kursy ii na shkola.

i istoriya russiya i cccr mne interesno, komunizm mne nenrawitse ya antikommunist. etot prichin dlya izuchat ruski.

is russian your native language?
Posted by STALIN 2 years ago
Ye that was actually my fault. Sorry for my incorrect wording.
Posted by Artur 3 years ago
I thought you meant Stalin was the best role by saying most influential. I got it wrong
Posted by STALIN 3 years ago
Definition of influential:

"having great influence on someone or something."

So we are not debating this? Fine.
Posted by Artur 3 years ago
{Influential means how much the leader effected the world}

oh, sorry, I got it wrong. no point in debating, I thought you meant he was the best role for people. sorry.
Posted by STALIN 3 years ago
Influential means how much the leader effected the world.
Posted by Sitara 3 years ago
Dr. King was actually. That is why the Republicans killed him.
Posted by henryajevans 3 years ago
Does influential have to mean positive or can it be negative?
Vote Placed by 1Historygenius 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Draw