MilesEdgeworth10
Embracethecringeboi

Star Fox Zero is a fantastic game and is on par with 64 and 64 3D.

Started: 5/1/2016 Category: Games

MilesEdgeworth10

Pro

This may be a guaranteed loss, but I don't really care, I just would like to see some of you change your mind about Star Fox Zero's quality. This game is getting flack from critics and fans alike for many reasons (which I'm sure I will debate in a round of this argument at some point). I'm here to try to show you why Zero is a wonderful Star Fox game, and maybe, if you haven't already, give the game a shot.

1. Innovative and fun control scheme: Right off the bat I'm going to show my most controversial point. This is what people consider to be the major flaw of Zero. Now, I'm not too keen on motion controls myself, but Star Fox Zero is an exception. At first you are frustrated, fighting the controls and hating the game, but after you continue through the first few stages, it clicks. You see how responsive and accurate the gyro controls really are. You learn how you can do things with the cockpit view that was impossible in older installments, like firing at an area you already passed. After a couple of levels, you are an expert, barrel rolling and firing at your heart's content. Some people say that you will never get used to the controls, but speedrunners are already finishing the game within AN HOUR, so don't try to argue that one.

2. Glorious Soundtrack: This soundtrack is godly. The orchestrated pieces are so well made. The songs meant to motivate you, motivate you, the songs meant to make you sad, make you sad, the songs that are meant to make you feel accomplished, make you feel accomplished. One song I would suggest to show you how amazing this OST is is Star Wolf's Theme, it pumps you up and the choir is godlike.

3. Replayability: Guess no one bothered to play this game more than once, and if you are one of those people who beat it then stopped, you missed out on 12 EXTRA LEVELS. Not to mention medals and high scores exist to keep you playing and playing. Plus, the physical copy of Zero came with Star Fox Guard, another game that is extremely replayable game with the online squads and stands on its own as a fun, little EShop title.

Anyway, those are my points for now, but I still have a ton more. Good luck to whoever debates me, may the best man/woman win.
Embracethecringeboi

Con

Star Fox Zero is disappointing reboot that could have handled things a lot better.

1. The control scheme is alienating to people who remember the classic Star Fox titles. One goal a franchise should have is keeping its controls similar and accessible across all entries. Motion controls are also not reliable enough for me to pull off precision movements like I could with a directional pad.

2. The soundtrack is generic and plays it safe. Stuff that makes soundtracks like Mario and Zelda so interesting is the fact that you've never heard that song before, they span eras and genres of song and compile it beautifully into one soundtrack that fills the game with ambience and personality. Star Fox Zero's theme uses a LOT of sweeping orchestral sounds, the OST is limited for the most part to one genre with the same instruments in each track. Not a lot of creativity if you ask me.

3. 12 extra levels shouldn't count as being more replayable. What counts as replayable is the ability to come back to a level time and time again and be rewarded greater or differently each time, such as being able to take a different approach or different loot upon completion. If the 12 levels are the same as the rest, there's no point in really going back to finish it if you're bored. A replayable game should call you back to the game and let you try something new, not be more of the same for a longer period of time.

Those are my points to why this game disappointed me, Good luck to you too.
MilesEdgeworth10

Pro

MilesEdgeworth10 forfeited this round.
Embracethecringeboi

Con

Embracethecringeboi forfeited this round.
MilesEdgeworth10

Pro

MilesEdgeworth10 forfeited this round.
Embracethecringeboi

Con