Star Trek (pro) vs. Star Wars(con) ship-to-ship battle

In a ship-to-ship battle which would win? The U.S.S Enterprise-E (Movies and TNG series), or the Imperial I class Star Destroyer (base specs) in the reference of the star wars original trilogy (no books, tv shows, comics, fan fictions, video games)

The location of this battle would be empty space, no planets, no asteroid fields, nothing.

No extra ships or people like Tie Fighters, Tie Bombers, Khan, Shuttlecraft, Bombs that you can transport on to another ship (because then the U.S.S Enterprise would win)

The ships crew would be that of what is necessary for each ship to run at full battle capacity (gunners and officers only)
USS Enterprise E: 750
Imperial Star Destroyer: 9,235

Armarment and Defenses:
USS Enterprise-E:
18 Type XII phaser arrays
6 Photon Torpedo Launchers (150 warheads; 18.9 isotons* of force)
6 Quantum Torpedo Launchers (150 warheads; 58.7 isotons* of force)
7 shield generators
2 tractor beam projectors
*25 isotons is the theoretical amount of energy created by an anti-matter-matter reaction.

Imperial I Class Star Destroyer:
6 Dual Turbolasers
2 Ion Cannons
3 triple Turbolasers
2 medium Turbolasers
10 tractor beam projectors
60 anti-fighter Turbolasers (irrelevant, we have no fighters)
60 anti-fighter Ion cannons (irrelevant, we have no fighters)
2 ISD 72x deflector shield generators

One given: Proton torpedos and Photon torpedos are of similar sizes (I couldn't find any data on this)

Source: (as well as some links from that page)

Debate Rules:
Round 1: Acceptance
Round 2: First argument
Round 3: Rebuttals
Round 4: Sum up your case

Sources must be provided, if source is not in reference to your specific class of ship it is deemed void.
All armaments and defenses are in reference of the base specs for that ship, if something was added to the ship and was not base, then it is void.
No people using the force... If you do that, then Q will magically appear and slaughter you crew, then bombs will be beamed aboard your ship and blow you to peaces.

I accept this debate.

Thank you to my opponent for accepting this debate
I am going to restrict transporter abilities for this hypothetical fight, mainly because that would be unfair for my opponent.

Note: due to new information, the USS Enterprise only has 10 torpedo launchers, not 12 as stated earlier.

While I love both Star Trek and Star Wars, in a ship-to-ship battle the USS Enterprise-E would be victorious over the Imperial Class-I Star Destroyer... Mainly because of 3 things, shields, superior design, and engines

While both ships have some form of shielding, the USS Enterprise has superior shields... 7 shield generators, whereas the Imperial Class-I Star Destroyer has only 2 shield generator domes. And while there is no true measurement of which is stronger, the ISD-72x deflector shield generator is vulnerable to "missile weapons such as concussion missiles or proton torpedoes" and given that Photon Torpedos and Proton Torpedos are similar in size, the shields of the Star Destroyer are vulnerable to the Photon Torpedos aboard the USS Enterprise, and once the shields are down, the ship is easily destroyed. Thus, the USS Enterprise has an obvious advantage over the Star Destroyer in the aspect of shielding.

The design of the Imperial Star Destroyer is flawed in two major ways..
A: Shield Positioning
If I could add a picture I would show you. But, the positioning of the shield generators is stupid, they protrude from the top of the ship being like "shoot me" Thus, the USS Enterprise would have an easy shot with their photon torpedos and they would be able to easily knock out the Star Destroyer's shields.

B: ineffective placement of weaponry
"Like with several other Star Destroyer classes, the designers did not take advantage of their wedge shape to give the heavy cannons the ability to focus on targets in the forward firing arc that were level with the ship"
So, in simplicity, any ship on a similar level (in reference to the y-axis)with the Imperial Star Destroyer would not receive the full brunt of the weapons onboard.

The engine of the USS Enterprise-E has almost instantaneous warp travel and faster warp engines (reaching almost warp 10 in TNG: Encounter at Farpoint) than the Star Destroyer's hyperdrives, using this the Enterprise could easily jump in and out of warp easily evading the Star Destroyer's weapons while dealing severe damage to the Star Destroyer.

Basically a run down
1: Enterprise fires photon torpedos at the Star Destroyer's shield generators and easily destroys them because of their poorly designed positioning (reason 1+2)
2: Due to poor designing of the Star Destroyer the USS Enterprise does not receive the brunt of the weapons, but can deal heavy damage (with its 18 phaser arrays and the torpedo launchers) to the Star Destroyer due to the fact the shields are down.
3: If the Enterprise starts taking heavy damage, it can warp away, reload, then warp back in deal significant damage.

So, while the Star Destroyer has the weapons and size advantage, the USS Enterprise has the ability to strategically strike the Imperial Class-I Star Destroyer to destroy shields, then without shields the Star Destroyer would be crippled by the USS Enterprise's 18 Phase Arrays and it's photon and quantum torpedos, which the latter can deal twice the energy of a matter-antimatter reaction (which is a lot of energy, good luck surviving a hit from one of those, let alone 150)

Just for laughs:

thegamingjesus forfeited this round.

thegamingjesus forfeited this round.

Extend, my opponent has forfeited every round... This is obviously a win for the Pro

thegamingjesus forfeited this round.
Posted by Jonbonbon 10 months ago
Not to mention, the captains of the enterprise aren't generally willing to just destroy an entire ship with no chance of survivors, but that's exactly what a destroyer would try to do. So that puts them at a disadvantage as well.
Posted by Jonbonbon 10 months ago
@N7, the shields on the enterprise have to be down for them to use their transporters if I remember correctly. That's why the argument doesn't really work. The enterprise would be basically destroyed by the time they got anything useful done.
Posted by n7 10 months ago
"If the Enterprise could do that, they would always do that."

They can do that. They can't do it all the time because you cannot beam through the shields. You still have protection as long as the shields are still holding. I don't know how shields work in SW or if they even have shields so there is a possibility that the enterprise has a huge advantage.
Posted by Rami 10 months ago
Yeah. I'm a die-hard Star Wars fan. I just wish I knew more about the Enterprise.
Posted by BennyW 10 months ago
SO are you arguing in favor of the Star Destroyer?
Posted by Rami 10 months ago
If the Enterprise could do that, they would always do that.
Posted by n7 10 months ago
If the enterprise can beam things to and from the Destroyer, then they'll win. They could just beam the entire crew into space or arm their photon torpedoes and beam them to critical sections of the ship.
Posted by Darth_Dreavas 10 months ago
Well I wouldn't say those anti fighter turbolasers and ion cannons are irrelevant. I doubt just because it wasn't meant to attack ships like that doesn't mean it won't do any damage.
Posted by retroz 10 months ago

It sure seems like no matter who they are fighting it's either a 1 hit KO or they are getting shredded
Posted by Jonbonbon 10 months ago
And I'm just saying that because the Enterprise gets shredded every time they fight. Like to where most of there bridge crew is bleeding out of their face, and the floor is covered in styrofoam blocks.
Vote Placed by moneystacker 9 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit