bekd80
lmatos

Starbucks is better than Dunkin Donuts

bekd80

bekd80

Pro

In this debate I will be comparing the ways in which Starbucks is better than Dunkin Donuts.
Some of the different ways being: Taste, Variety and Efficiency.
lmatos

Con

I have to begin with the taste factor. Dunkin donuts is always freshly brewed and has a much bolder taste, Starbucks honestly tastes a little watered down, making the lack of taste highly noticeable. the price of starbucks coffee is outrageous. for a average medium coffee with some mocha syrup it costs double what dunkin donuts would charge.
bekd80

Pro

On the argument of taste, I must say that Starbucks has a very rich and robust taste and not at all watered down. I would say that Dunkin Donuts coffee is actually the one that has a watered down taste. Also, in freshness, Starbucks is always freshly made, right in front of you. As for the price, I will talk about that later in the debate, because we are talking about taste at this time, as con stated.
lmatos

Con

I prefer going to dunkin donuts as well for the fact of them having food choices that are actually enjoyable and not cookies and rice crispy treats; such as a bagel and eggs. although the health content for both is not someting to talk with, the preference of food goes to dunkin donuts.
bekd80

Pro

Actually, Starbucks does have tasty, and healthy food choices. There are different types of muffins, cookies ect..also, bistro boxes that contain salads, wraps etc...
http://www.starbucks.com...

:)
lmatos

Con

Starbucks is over priced and over rated for taste. there is a reason why america runs on dunkin and starbucks is not expanding as much becasue they over populated themselves.Without their fancy looking stores and "convenient" store locations with "wifi" capability they would be no more than the normal mom and pop coffee shop. personally everyone i know who is an avid coffee drinker would rather go to 7-11 over starbucks, where they can make their own coffee and selective choices, but overall Dunkin takes the cake when it comes to fast efficient service and taste, if i wanted a frozen macchiato with a hundred of other flavors then i would undoubtedly go to Starbucks for terrible coffee/iced coffee and untimely service. when i need a pick me up and a flavorful cup of coffee at my convenience then Dunkin it is all the way
bekd80

Pro

Ok, on the topic of price, Starbucks is only about 50 cents more than Dunkin.
I'm not even commenting on 7-11. (lol)
Yes, Starbucks does offer multiple convenient locations and wifi...I believe that's part of the reason they are so popular. I would say that's actually a plus on there side, there making things easier for the customers. The look is nice, and that is also a plus. As for service, Starbucks is also fast and efficient, if it takes a while it's only because there are so many more people there than at Dunkin. :)
lmatos

Con

i didnt know research was involved in this debate, i would have done my homework. I will end with this round stating that "American Runs on Dunkin", taste tests prove it. Without the name starbucks is nothing, Dunking just needs a simply cup and they are forever golden. =p
bekd80

Pro

Sorry, I didn't much research ;P. To respond to your statement saying that the only reason Starbucks is anything is because of the name...well, they made that name for themselves and that is saying something. They weren't anything w/ that name when they started.
lmatos

Con

They must be doing so well that in NYC they had to close some of their stores down due to over populating and not enough business bc of their high prices.
Vote Placed by Travniki 5 years ago
Travniki
bekd80lmatosTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro did a bit better....I think...