baseballkid
Azul145

Starcraft 2 is a better game than MW3

baseballkid
Started: 12/10/2012 Category: Technology

baseballkid

Pro

Round 1 is for acceptance and a forfeit is an automatic loss.
Azul145

Con

You will lose. I accept. Starcraft is BORING
baseballkid

Pro

I will go through many aspects of the games and I will show how starcraft two is better and will continue to be better than MW3.
I will go through campaign, multiplayer, and extra's(spec ops for mw3 and custom games and vs AI for starcraft.

1.The campaign:(http://www.craveonline.com...)The Modern warfare 3 campaign was finished in less than 5 hours. (http://kotaku.com...) This shows that starcraft has more than triple the game play that Mw3 brings to the table. Lets take a look at the scores given to the campaign as well. Starcraft 2 is rated a 9.5 while MW3 was a 9.0.(http://www.gamespot.com...) Starcraft 2 has a larger and better campaign. This is an easy point for starcraft.

2.I will next move on to custom games against spec ops. Spec ops is no Nazi zombies even though they tried so hard to emulate it. The custom games are far more successful because of the fact that there are just so many of them. starcraft master,left 2 die, nexus wars, and the many tower defense games that are built into starcraft. There are near limitless options and even if you cannot find a game you like out of the thousands then you can create your own. This is by far superior to the spec ops missions.

I will go on the the biggest part of this debate and that is the multiplayer.
3-a. My first argument is pro gaming. This is an easy win for starcraft 2. The event of NASL 4 had more than 35 thousand people watching on average. The game is more than two years old.(July 27, 2010) MW3 is not even on the mlg pro gaming circuit. Pro gaming for starcraft is far superior.
3-b.Starcraft is much better in the fact that if you are a noob in MW3 because this is your first Fps or something you just get wrecked over and over. If you get wrecked in Sc2 they put you in a league with people of you skill level and You can play and get better and not get discouraged. On the other end of the spectrum there is the best of the best and the people who are better than average. In MW3 you have almost no way to get really competitive. The league system makes this not so. Almost every game will be a hard fought game with strategy and mechanics pushed to the max.
3-c. One of the great things that starcraft has on MW3 is the lack of lag. One of the largest complaints of MW3 is the lag compensation. This does not happen if your PC can handle it while this would effect your MW3 play due to shoddy servers.

4.Starcraft has a longevity that MW3 just cannot have. Starcraft 2 still has 2 more expansions that can come out and almost all of MW3 players have moved on to black ops two.

I await cons case.
Azul145

Con

I will compliment you on making a game as boring as Starcraft sound good. Starcraft is just a tower defense game with strategy. MW3 is an action game with quick thinking and always being ready for what is coming.

1. This argument was about the campaign. You said just because it is longer that makes it more fun. This is totally not true. Yes the Starcraft campaign is long, but a lot of people find campaigns of games boring. With a short campaign you can get better and move to multiplayer where the the game gets way good.

2. This was about spec ops. You said that because Starcraft had more variety of ways to play that this would make the game more fun. Spec ops is missions where you complete certain objectives and then there's survival where you go through rounds of killing people. Starcraft does not have this kind of action instead is a game where you build stuff them send wimpy soldiers to go dismantle other buildings.

3. Multiplayer is in the bag for me. Your not supposed to play multiplayer on your very first time playing the game. Same goes for Starcraft you will be creamed. The purpose of spec ops missions and survival is to simulate multiplayer. I played spec ops and campaign and did not go straight to multiplayer and I'm pretty good. And for the lag, it is easier for a computer to have more lag because different comps have harder times dealing with big games than others. You would only experience lag on MW3 if your Xbox live connection is low thus not the games fault.

Now my own main points

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 is the best game out there. It was released November 17, 2011 and December 22, 2011 in the U.K. Within 24 hours of going on sale, the game sold 6.5 million copies in the U.S. and UK alone and grossed $400 million, making it the biggest entertainment launch of all time.In just 16 days of MW3 being out it made 1 billion dollars. People are still buying the game today so the sales always go up and more people are playing. The reason more people are playing this game is because they know it is fun. Also Starcraft is way more complicated than a typical shooter game and it takes more time to get into and actually have fun.

http://en.wikipedia.org......
baseballkid

Pro

First off I will laugh at starcraft as a tower defense. You have no idea what the game is if you think that the game is tower defense.
campaign: You say that a longer campaign does not make it better. I also gave proof that the starcraft campaign is better via higher rating. Starcraft wins points here.

extra's: You say that spec ops has ways to get better and prepare for the multiplayer. You ignore starcraft master which prepares you for the real game micro situations and peep mode where you can learn from players in leagues higher than yourself. This helps you prepare for the multiplayer as well as if not better than the spec ops missions. Now you can look at the many other parts of the custom games with fun games such as nexus wars and many others.

Multiplayer: My opponent completely ignores my argument on the far superior professional circuit of starcraft two. This is another bonus to starcraft two.

"Your not supposed to play multiplayer on your very first time playing the game." This may be true but when you first start multiplayer you will more than likely be on the bad side compared to somebody who has been playing for a while. The league system has a far better way of making competitive matches than MW3.

"You would only experience lag on MW3 if your Xbox live connection is low thus not the games fault."
"Some people call it Lag Compensation but the truth is that Its a built in HANDICAP SYSTEM unique to MW3 no other FPS has it besides MW3.This Handicap system allows everyone to do well from time to time, its totally random like map selection, Notice one game you'll be the hand of god smashing down enemies with a mere burst then the very next game you are on the other end of it not being able to even respond to enemies until you see the last bullet." This is a problem unique to MW3 and does not have to do with the system it is a problem for the game. Starcraft also has a very small minimum computer needs and because you get to choose your own graphics. It can also be some of the best graphics out there.

My opponent also ignores the great longevity that starcraft two has while most MW3 players are playing black ops two already.

My opponent says how the game has sold so much and that's why it was a good game. The game sold so much because MW2 was good and black ops was very good. Just because a game is called call of duty does not make it a good game.

I would also like to ask my opponent if he has played both games. I have and just would like to know if my opponent has the same knowledge.
Azul145

Con

Alright I actually have not played Starcraft 2 but I have watched a video in it and it looks pretty clear to me that it is a tower defense considering you defend your city. I also found your tone rather insulting the way you refuted.

Campaign: You got your rating from 1 place and that does not mean that it is accurate. The ratings are true but that does not mean that everyone likes the Starcraft campaign better than MW3's. the campaign also leads off from the campaign of MW2 which most players enjoyed. This also benefits the campaign for MW3 because the players can enjoy an extension of a great campaign.

Extras: I understand that there are more ways to play in this mode. You said that you can learn from others and people that are better and you can as well in spec ops survival. You can play with good players and learn the maps as well as good technique. MW3 is a fairly basic game because it is a shooter. You don't need to know all of this strategy and know where to put your towers and stuff like that. You need to know the maps and know the good guns and that's about it. I would say being able to work side by side with masters will help you just as much as Starcraft. I think there is a tie here.

Multiplayer: Nothing for me to refute here my points still stand in what I said in round 2.

Other: Like you said sometimes you will do well in MW3 and some games you do bad. This is actually benefiting me because it makes sure that you are not always doing great. There will always be challenges to make the game enjoyable. And what you said about the handicap system is not true. The game paired you up with an even team so that you will not be doing great every match. What I said about the Xbox live connection is true and cannot be refuted. Although Starcraft is a large game it can still experience a good amount of lag for a cheap comp therefore not everyone can have as much fun.

Also Starcraft 2 is fairly old and they haven't come out with a new game in a few months which is why people still play it. And not everyone is playing black ops 2 yet a lot of people still like MW3. I can also say the same thing to you about how nobody plays Starcraft anymore. You were exactly right when you said that people bought MW3 games because past games were good. If this one was not good then explain why people still buy and play it.
baseballkid

Pro

My opponent thinks starcraft two is a tower defense game. This may sound insulting but that is not even close.
next about the ratings.(http://www.metacritic.com...) Starcraft has higher ratings and all 82 critics gave the game a good review. IF you want to talk about how it extends the campaign then go right ahead because of starcraft 1, starcraft:brood war, starcraft two wings of liberty, starcraft two heart of the swarm(coming in 3 or 4 months) and starcraft 2:legacy of the void. The campaign for starcraft is just so much better.

extra's:"You don't need to know all of this strategy and know where to put your towers and stuff like that." I have said this multiple times. In starcraft 2 you play with people of your skill level. In MW3 it is entirely based on ping to the host. This means that the games will have a better chance of getting a close game than in MW3.

My opponent has ignored twice how much better the custom games are just for fun. I would venture to say than most people do not play spec ops exclusively and with your comment on multiplayer as the most important this opinion just strengthens. Some people do just play custom games. This is not to get better. This is all the fun they need because starcraft 2 has training and pure fun and a way to make your own games and maps.

Multiplayer:
My opponent again ignores professional gaming. He has dropped this multiple times. I will put the lag issue into perspective. I can play starcraft 2 on my computer but I cannot play MW3(.http://answers.yahoo.com...) This is jut more people that say what I am saying.

other:My opponent completely misses my point in that in mw3 it is much harder to find close matches. He says that swinging wildly is good but a game where it is either ROFLSTOMP or get ROFLstomped is just not fun.
"Although Starcraft is a large game it can still experience a good amount of lag for a cheap comp therefore not everyone can have as much fun." I can play sc2 on my pc and not mw3.

I personally loved black ops and that is why i bought MW3. MW3 was garbage. That is why black ops 2 sales are down. The sales of a call of duty rely entirely on the rap of the game before it.

4. My opponent again ignores longevity.

My opponent has ignored my pro gaming argument, my longevity argument and the purely fun side of custom games.
He ignores the better matchmaking of starcraft in the 3rd round.

Vote pro and I hope everyone enjoyed the debate.
Azul145

Con

Nothing really to refute because you just said I ignored everything when I didn't so i don't know what to say. My refutations still stand and if you compare MW3 to Starcraft, you and the rest of humanity will know MW3 is better.
Posted by Cobo 4 years ago
Cobo
Con unless you post proof of Pro swearing at you then I will not believe you...
Posted by richarddong 4 years ago
richarddong
I love Starcraft 2 my name is Blacksnake and my character code is wait let me check in invite me :D
Posted by errya 4 years ago
errya
cons argument is basically, since I don't like it, it's bad. Add the fact you've never even played starcraft and he's pretty much conceded.
Posted by baseballkid 4 years ago
baseballkid
lol
Vote Placed by jh1234l 4 years ago
jh1234l
baseballkidAzul145Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I recieved this from azul: "I am currently having a debate with a guy named baseball kid. He has taken the debate too far and is swearing at me over private message. I really don't want to lose or risk further insults. Please vote bomb the debate for me. It will be found on my profile for current debates. The debate is called starcraft is better than MW3. Thanks for the help!" -Azul145 I'm Staying out of this
Vote Placed by wrichcirw 4 years ago
wrichcirw
baseballkidAzul145Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I got the same message as jh1234l, so I will stay out of this as well. I did not plan on voting for this.
Vote Placed by drafterman 4 years ago
drafterman
baseballkidAzul145Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con did not adequately refute Pro's points and made no real comparison between MW3 or StarCraft.
Vote Placed by Chicken 4 years ago
Chicken
baseballkidAzul145Tied
Reasons for voting decision: The Debate boiled down to the BOP. Con tried to turn the BOP onto him, saying Pro basically has to address all of his arguments, and therefore gave his own justification for his final rebuttal, that "Pro didn't address my arguments" In a debate, or a typical debate I should say, the Burden of Proof is on Pro, not con. As is the case in this debate. IF Pro's case stands, then con loses, no matter the arguments made opposite to pro. For instance, If pro were to say "This is bad because of A" and con were to say "well this is good because of C" There is NO direct clash, and Con's burden has not been fulfilled. As con, you must address all argumentation and create clash, no clash= no win for con unless the BOP is on you, or unless the BOP was shared, which it wasn't (Since it wasn't specified in R1) Conduct to Pro for Con's awful rebuttal basically saying He wins because pro didn't address his arguments. Bad Mistake.