demonlord343
Solomon_Orlando

Starcraft II is a better game than Civilization.

Started: 3/7/2014 Category: Games

demonlord343

Pro

1st round: Acceptance
2nd & 3rd round: Argument/Rebuttal
4th round: Conclusion with no extra info.

I look forward to debating!
Solomon_Orlando

Con

Never played Starcraft, but I'm willing to debate this anyway because I believe that Civilization has many facets that outweigh Starcraft.
demonlord343

Pro

demonlord343 forfeited this round.
Solomon_Orlando

Con

Solomon_Orlando forfeited this round.
demonlord343

Pro

To start, we must realize that this can be an opinionated match. So, I will do my best to prove my points. If you do not agree, then please, comment.

Civilization is a game of building your Empire amongst others. You must try and accomplish one of the three objectives: Space exploration, Economic Domination, or Total Militaristic Domination. These games can take a very long time. When I played this game, I found the instructions hard to follow, the objective was hard to determine, and you are getting attacked at the same time. The game also runs on a turn-to-turn basis, which adds to the overall game length.

With Starcraft II, the basic strategic game set up does provide no instruction, but the campaign explains it very clearly the units and structures within the game. This allows the player to better work on the overall strategy of the game. With Civilization, strategy isn't necessarily a must. With Starcraft, it is. You need to be strategic. Especially when you play with other players. Most have played this game before, and have a lot of experience. Thus, it is a game that needs practice.

With Civilization, the hardest part was understanding the game. This is not good when you are playing a game. The instructions need to be clear. Otherwise, it really doesn't keep a pool of new players. It just pushes them away. When it came to Starcraft, new players would play the campaign, and would learn the different units and begin to get a strategy with them. Then, they could progressively get better at it over time.

Graphically wise, I think Con and I would agree that Starcraft is superior. Sound wise, I believe that Con and I would agree that Starcraft is also superior. With the controls, Starcraft works much better. It allows the player multiple ways to select a group of units, all military units, a hero unit, a rogue worker unit, and a group of similar structures. They are easy to use, and are not as complex to figure out as Civilization.
Solomon_Orlando

Con

Solomon_Orlando forfeited this round.
demonlord343

Pro

Extend all arguments
Solomon_Orlando

Con

Solomon_Orlando forfeited this round.
Posted by Solomon_Orlando 3 years ago
Solomon_Orlando
It's all good, brother. I'll forfeit this next round and you can rebuttal the next.
Posted by demonlord343 3 years ago
demonlord343
Damn, took to long.. sorry. Ive been busy.. my apologies..