BadKitty
tyu

Stephen Harper is good for Canada

BadKitty

Con

Round one is acceptance. 1000 Characters or less.
tyu

Pro

I accept this debate. Just to note, I actually really hate Harper but will support him here to increase my political knowledge for the upcoming election :P
BadKitty

Con

Id like to start off the debate by going a little easy and just bringing up one simple point. If Keystone XL pipeline is built from the Alberta Tar Sands we will see massive amounts of death and destabilization of civilization and markets. Global warming could very well kill us all.

Not to play the Hitler card but I think it's actually an interesting comparison. Hitler wanted to achieve a utopia for at least select human beings. Stephen Harper wants to kill everyone in a game of Capitalism vs. The Climate where there will be no humans at all.

Stephen Harper is making the planet a global holocaust camp from which the torture of Climate Change will be long and painful and will take more than millions of lives but billions.

tyu

Pro

The Keystone XL project is definitely a defining issue for Canadians but to claim that it would lead to massive amounts of death and destabilization of markets is too grandiose and assumes too much. For instance, do you even know the construction plans? Ie. filters, safety valves, etc? What if new tech is released? Like the BP incident, if a spill does happen, all parties would face extreme criticism and likely get fined millions to billions of dollars. Doing a bad job in projects like these are very counterproductive for companies. In contrast, building the pipeline will allow greater exchangeability of resources which will drive down costs and increase profit margins. When wealth trickles down, confidence for the Canadian market will increase and this in fact may make us more competitive on the global market.

As much as I hate Harper, the comparison to Hitler, and the camps to climate change are totally unjustified. Have you suffered in concentration camps before or fought in WW2?
BadKitty

Con

BadKitty forfeited this round.
tyu

Pro

tyu forfeited this round.
BadKitty

Con

BadKitty forfeited this round.
tyu

Pro

I guess all points go to me?