IKnowWhatToDoWithMyMoney
GoOrDin

Stephen Harper was the best federal government we had.

IKnowWhatToDoWithMyMoney

Pro

Justin Trudeau of the Liberal party has won the majority vote. I think his views and policies will bankrupt this country. Please argue against or for on why you think he might do good or bad. And I will argue why the conservatives were the better choice.
GoOrDin

Con

You know what I think I prematurely accepted this debate.

I agree Trudeau's agenda and policies will not aid our government, and will continuously increase corruption and neglect and the privatization and restrict vital services, and social benefits will be non existent:

However the Conservatives were useless. All the economic value that arose in the last 15 years of Canadian government were developed by the country in an economic and technological opportunity that was not aided or promoted/ supported by our treasonous government.

Harper did nothing to aid Canada or the World; he did however sell out to American corporations and completely shat on Canadian ethics.

All the past governments we had prior to Harper were all better over the course of my 25 year live.
I will stand behind that.
IKnowWhatToDoWithMyMoney

Pro

The problem with Trudeau is that he doesn't balance the budget. He spends more than they revive through taxes and we end up with a deficit and the debt rises. This is the major issue, with Harper we had a surplus up until the 2008 house market crash which affected the whole world. And we were just about at the end of the tunnel this year climbing out of it. Justin is just going to pull us back in. You say he conservatives did nothing for this country? Not raising taxes, increasing the TFSA, lowering taxes for businesses the ones who create jobs. And especially he was raising the old age benefits to 67 from 65. Which really needs to be done, he massive baby boomer generation is going to be retiring soon. How the hell can we pay for all their benefits? It's not like the government has been saving funds away for this like they should have. Cpp has always relied upon taxing the future generation which is you and me.

We have a massive culture issue, so Pierre Trudeau introduced multiculturalism when he was in power. Which is great, but what he didn't do is make it mandatory when becoming a Canadian citizen to learn their culture. I live in Surrey BC, so we claim to not be racist yet why is it that the massive majority of Chinese people live in Richmond, East Indians live in Surrey. This is because of the language barrier, you let all these people in and they don't even speak our language and we will never communicate and socialize. And you end up creating these zones where people live. I can walk up my street and I'll find at least 6 East Indian homes with people that don't speak a word of English. What happens when a murderer is killing people and I go and try to warn them, I can't even tell them to lock their doors or go hide.

So Trudeau wants to raise the taxes on the wealthiest "1%" and businesses. Sounds like it make sense at first glance. But businesses don't pay taxes. The taxes they pay are included in the product they are selling which is marketed towards the consumer public you and me. So if you raise taxes on them they will either raise the price of the product resulting in inflation, or they will even worse layoff employees and we loose jobs.
On top of that the wealthiest paying increased taxes and the middle class is lowered it just doesn't add up. Even if you taxes 100% of what the rich make it wouldn't add up to how many people are of the middle class. And if you tax these wealthy people enough they will just take an early retirement or move to another country.
GoOrDin

Con

excuse me, BUt Taxes are good.
there are no problems with Taxes.

Taxes prevent media, education, healthcare, transit, infrastructure, policing, military, natural resources and all other government run organizations like festivals Running.

lowering taxes leads to privatization of government equities.

Low taxes is For the rich not for the poor, by enabling them to suggest the government can't run itself anymore, and privitization would be favourable by giving the government deniability in the case of fraud, bankruptcies and employment insurance.

The government sells government equity every time the taxes go down. That is bad.

Multiculturalism is not bad So longa s we pay taxes.

{ Privitazation of media and school allows false information to be taught as Truths, and it is used as a controlling aspect of the country. That is what lower our taxes DID to our country. and Harper was GUIL-T }
IKnowWhatToDoWithMyMoney

Pro

I think you mean taxes provide those services. And I'm not saying remove taxes, I'm saying don't increase them and make new ones. Trudeau will offer all these stupid programs like $15/day child care. Who pays for this? You and me. You gotta pay each government employee their government salaries, paid 6 week vacation, 20 paid sick days. Who even knows how many government holidays. Etc.

Lowering taxes effects the rich? If you make over I believe it's 26k/ year or so you start paying taxes. Anyone making under gets it all back in tax returns. I personally pay about 10k a year. Now why should they have to increase? What next year I gotta pay $11k? Jesus that's a lot of money.

Ever since Pierre Trudeau we've become a country that relies heavily on government to be there for us. It's like we think government knows what to do better with our money. Let me tell you. No one knows what to do with your money better than you. But whatever let's say taxes are some how a good thing. The problem with Trudeau is he always overspends and we end up having a massive debt with interest building up every year. Eventually a new government comes into play and gets blamed for creating a new tax to finally pay off some of the mountain he's created in debt.

Do you seriously believe any form of government is there to help you? They all want money, the people that actually want to help you never get any seats in whatever party they are in.

Free healthcare? Free education, free policing. Nothing is free. The only thing I believe we need is some form of police/military. Everything else needed by an individual should be paid by him. Imagine if there was no taxes. An extra $10k/year I could do a lot with that. Drop minimum wage laws, and all of a sudden you have 0 unployment. Economy will thrive. The government is the main reason why we have inflation. Anyway I'm getting off the topic.
GoOrDin

Con

I agree. a Police Service and a Military are too things we can ill afford to become privatized via lack of government funding (paid with tax revenue.). That is an essential service.

over all. The conservative government seems to think that running our economy is their primary responsibility. It is not. The responsibility of the Government is to govern the people.

Who gave us health care? The NDP promised it, and then the Liberals gave it to us because they couldn't compete with the NDP platform otherwise.

I agree that the statutory income tax rates need to be revised. There is no way that you should have a HUGE tax increase because you made an extra $500 dollars that year, leading to an extra $1000 income tax hike.

regardless. The conservatives were acting as though a steady Stock Market meant the economy was healthy.
That is not how it works. The economy looks good if the big hitters pass their cash around in a circle creating an illusion of stability. And through creating an illusion of success other people invest in a Trap Stock market which goes up and down and only those controlling it make profit.
The fact of the matter is. Our country is robbing itself blind under the Conservative government.

ps. where is my high speed rail?
IKnowWhatToDoWithMyMoney

Pro

Please forgive my spelling and grammar if there are any errors I wrote this on my phone.
--------------------------------------------------------
I think you have them confused, a conservative government favours having minimum control over it's people and economy. A liberal favours having absolute control over it's people. Basically means they want the people to rely on them to service them.

You should take a look at this website post it explains a true conservative and liberal.

http://www.studentnewsdaily.com...

The NDP government will promise whatever to keep the union people happy, a liberal will do whatever it takes and promise whatever to get a persons vote. Even when half the stuff they promise will not be done when they are elected. Conservatives do what is best for business. Which is what every government should do. How do we get a strong economy? Through jobs, who creates jobs? Businesses, if you tax businesses like Trudeau wants to do the business will either have to raise the price of the consumer goods they sell which results in inflation increases, or even worse they have to lay off employees.

People think rich people are the main people who should be taxed. They already are taxed a ton, I believe the top tax bracket is just about 50%, and now you want to tax them even more? Chances are these people own there own business and hire people like you and me, you keep taxing them so much they eventually will either leave the country, sell the business, early retirement, or they will start hiding there income(cash sales etc)

I just got the numbers for the amount of people making over 180k which is who justin plans to tax to pay off his 10bil deficit. 223,000 or so is the amount of Canadians making over 180k/year. If you do the math each one will have to pay an extra $43,000 to pay this off. Good luck trying to collect that. It doesn't work the middle class makes up the majority of taxed income in Canada.

Anyway let's say it doesn't matter. Liberals will promise and create all these "free" programs for people. The problem is they never balance the budget. They borrow and spend all this money and they never pay it back. The only way to pay this all back is by massive tax hikes.
GoOrDin

Con

GoOrDin forfeited this round.
Posted by GoOrDin 1 year ago
GoOrDin
well we agree unions are crap.
Posted by IKnowWhatToDoWithMyMoney 1 year ago
IKnowWhatToDoWithMyMoney
I understand that taxes are for the citizens, but Trudeau is going to attempt to tax businesses. The total income of the top 1% doesn't even come close to the total income of everyone else. I'm against unions as well, they are never satisfied.
Posted by GoOrDin 1 year ago
GoOrDin
also I got blackballed off two unions because I am against high minimum wages and union wages.

I ahd an anti0-union debate and an anti-higher-minimum-wages debate
Posted by GoOrDin 1 year ago
GoOrDin
taxes are for citizens... not businesses..
IKnowWhatToDoWithMyMoney
Did you not hear the main promise of Justin Trudeau? He said I will lower taxes for our middle class and raise them on the wealthiest 1% and businesses.

First off businesses don't pay taxes. The consumer/buyer of the goods/product pays the taxes. The business just sets the price line. You raise taxes on businesses, there might be a few that are totally fine and this won't affect, but the majority of them
Will be forced to either raise the price of the good to accommodate or even worse lay off employees. I mean employees cost a ton, the liability issues, workers
Compensation, vacation benefits you name it. Insurance alone is expensive, having employees is not cheap when you are held reliable for their screwups.
Posted by GoOrDin 1 year ago
GoOrDin
the government does make the jobs. it funds people who do. The people make the jobs. the Liberals do not prevent that from happening.

I got black balled of 2 unions for saying I was over-paid.
IKnowWhatToDoWithMyMoney
Jobs pay for the money to buy the food.
Posted by GoOrDin 1 year ago
GoOrDin
jobs don't create food.
Posted by GoOrDin 1 year ago
GoOrDin
I am anti-union.
ur charging more to the customer, not earning from ur boss.
IKnowWhatToDoWithMyMoney
"Harper was a big company man. The Conservatives are big company. that is all pocket cash, not economy cash."

Yes this is true, hence the proposition of lowering taxes for businesses. You gotta remember that business's are the ones that create jobs. If you have jobs the economy will be better off. Which will be economy cash. And no the surplus is mainly due to not overspending the budget(incoming tax money). But either way we need to pay off the debt we owe. This is something Trudeau wont even take into consideration. I don't like Harper, I don't really like any politician. But the conservative's are the only ones that balance the budget or at least try to. Justin is spend spend spend, if we run out of money we take out more and create a new tax. If the teachers go on strike no problem give them whatever they ask for and raise taxes, if the sponges of society want more money give it to them. Government workers go on strike give them whatever they want as long as they vote for him. The only time they will ever stop spending is when they borrow to much money that the people they borrow from start thinking they can't pay it back and stop giving them money. Only then will they start putting cuts to spending. Canada's debt is going to be so freaking high by the time he's voted out it will take 10 years after to dig us out and that's if we have a government that actually attempts to not create a deficit of spending.