kuan.miramanov
Aer0

Stereotypes: a hindrance or a help?

kuan.miramanov

Con

We meet different people every single day, but we do not talk to most of them. We determine everyone by our own taste, we judge them by ourselves, and usually we define them erroneously. Although our future relation to a man often depends on the first impression.
This problem is caused by stereotypes, which are imposed on us from society, public opinion, personal experience, childhood and so on.
On the other hand, stereotypes help to establish some order in society. Due to them, we know how to behave.
So, the question arises whether stereotypes help society to develop or they destroy people?
I personally believe that stereotypes prevent people from self-development, they prevent people from feeling that they are independent.
Aer0

Pro

Stereotypes do prevent self development but they are also a protection against irrational decisions, I brought a Nintendo ds to school when I was in 6th Grade and it was stolen by a black kid(I'm black too) . I'm personally afflicted with this because of the way I talk and act but as a whole black people have problems. Unfortunately ,most of the crimes in America come from black people which leads to this generalization. Do you trust blacks as a race?Do you want live in most black neighborhoods? Further more do you trust politicians?
kuan.miramanov

Con

As for me, I don't know almost anything that concerns crimes in America, especially crimes committed by Afro-American people, because I live in country in the heart of Eurasia - Kazakhstan.
I do not trust politicians, but it is not relevant to the topic.
Kazakhstan was a part of the USSR, now we are in Russia's neighborhood. So, I know what is going on in Russia.
Most Russians complain on caucasians, who move to russian megapolises with crowds, but actually almost all the Caucasian countries are part of Russian Federation. Many caucasians behave insolently and it is a fact. They feel themselves as hosts, they arrange brawls in malls and other public places. In fact, they are citizens of Russia, as well as other russians are, but on the other hand, as regards ethnicity, they are not russian people, they are guests. All this gives a rise to a cliche that Caucasians are bullies and brawlers, and Russians treat them with contempt. Not every Russian, but many of them.
But there are also polite and decent people of Caucasian ethnicity, who move to russian cities. And because of those stereotypes, they suffer. They are not perceived by society, they can't get jobs.
As regards to Afro-American people, I partly agree with you. Yes, Afro-Americans commit offenses, but white people also commit them.
My point is that every nationality has its freaks. People must not judge a whole ethnic group by particular cases.
Aer0

Pro

Aer0 forfeited this round.
kuan.miramanov

Con

kuan.miramanov forfeited this round.
Aer0

Pro

Aer0 forfeited this round.
kuan.miramanov

Con

kuan.miramanov forfeited this round.
Aer0

Pro

Aer0 forfeited this round.