Gibby97
TheConman

Steroid Users Should be in The Baseball Hall of Fame

Gibby97
Started: 6/25/2015 Category: Sports

Gibby97

Con

First round is strictly to confirm. Pro will be supporting steroid users getting into the Baseball Hall of Fame. I will be arguing they should not be getting in. Best of luck.
TheConman

Pro

Haha, my first debate, Steroid users hmn? Why should they thats a tough one.
You see Steroids are any of a large class of organic compounds with a characteristic molecular structure containing four rings of carbon atoms (three six-membered and one five). They include many hormones, alkaloids, and vitamins. Given that they may include vitamins many people or "Athletes may be using a(n) may not even know. You see....all steroids do is push the body to it's most extreme limit. It doesn't (Enhance you.) doesn't (Make you stronger.) It just pushes people to limits they would usually go to because of body extent. You see it makes you feel limit-less and God-Like at many times. I Many of these players have much stress on these players to preform a good show, feeling these extent they feel no alternative to go to "Drugs" these bring in home-runs "Home Runs" Bring in money...money keeps the team up...and that keeps jobs. Beyond the point...there not becoming superman just a what there potential could be if there endurance was (RAISED) just a bit. Also look at the economy the last few years psssh, lose a high paying job like in the sports category your screwed guy!
Gibby97

Con

First welcome to the site and congrats on your first debate. Steroids are a banned substance and illegal in the United States. According to the Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 2004. These Professional athletes not only used banned substances, but they broke the law in using these banned substances. Also the MLB established new rules in 2005 relating to Steroids users. Players caught using performance enhancing drugs (i.e. steroids), would be subject to suspensions eventually leading to year long and lifetime bans. These players were breaking the rules of the MLB and should not be allowed into the Hall of Fame despite their playing careers, which should be scrutinized because of usage of PED's. Your turn.

http://www.whatsteroids.com...
http://www.cbsnews.com...
TheConman

Pro

Thank you very much, Yes, that being steroids being illegal I agree, However like I said before these players do have a lot of pressure on them. most athletes you may know" have" or "will "or "had" done a type of steroid "Legal" Or "illegal."The University of Nebraska explains "Oct 17, 1997 - Although users report increases in muscle bulk, strength, and endurance, steroids can not improve agility, athletic skill, and cardiovascular capacity -- factors which also affect performance. In addition, there is no conclusive evidence that steroid use decreases recovery time from injuries. In fact, some research asserts that steroid abuse hampers the normal process of wound healing." There are plenty of good side effects to steroids as well as bad. Theres also the fact that we allows more dangerous activity that using steroids in our society putting it frankly Norman Fost, MD, MPH, Professor and Director of the Medical Ethics Program at the University of Wisconsin, made the following statement in a Dec. 18, 2006 interview "[W]e allow people to do far more dangerous things than play football or baseball while using steroids. We allow people to bungee-jump, to ski on advanced slopes, to cliff dive. To eat marbled meat or ice cream pie every day if they want. I don"t think we want to go down a path in which we restrict and even criminalize behaviors just because they have health risks. And steroids are so low on the list of drugs or diets that cause serious harm I don"t understand why we would start there."

Norman Fost...ec t(many more people.) -Baseball Men - The Skeptic

and

University of Nebraska- Steroid research
Gibby97

Con

I will agree with you that anabolic steroids cannot speed up the healing process. However, Human Growth Hormone (HGH) is a drug that athletes use to hopefully speed up the healing process. Despite the positives or negatives HGH has on the human body it is an illegal substance according to Major League Baseball. It does not matter the reasons why these athletes used PED's the fact of the matter is that they were illegal and athletes like them should be punished.
If you take a look at the Home Run Leaders All-Time in MLB History, it is interesting to note that within the Top 10, Three of them had been caught using PED's and a Fourth was linked to PED's but has never been officially caught, Home Run King Barry Bonds. Within the Top 25, Seven were linked to PED's. These men do not belong to be enshrined in the Hall of Fame with the other Hundreds of Players that played the game fairly and cleanly.

http://www.webmd.com...
http://www.cbsnews.com...
http://www.baseball-almanac.com...
TheConman

Pro

Playing "Fairly" is only a matter of opinion Many people in these people all have something hidden that they had done. It just depends on if it is legal or not. "Breaking News: Babe Ruth Admits Using Performance-Enhancing Substances" this was an artical By Perry Arnold , Senior Analyst Feb 13, 2009...beyond the point. (<)Him and many other "GREAT" Players your willing to shut out of the "Hall Of Fame" something they worked VERY hard to get into and may be the sole reason they used these performance Enhancing drugs? Like I said it doesn't simulate artificial muscle it just raises the player endurance. Meaning they wont give up as easily! These people aren't becoming supermen just super versions on "THEMSELVES" It unlocks potential that they would of possibly never reached to without this extra boost of testosterone in there systems. So just for being super versions of themselves they should be cast out? What about the men who use corks or springs?

http://bleacherreport.com...
Gibby97

Con

As I conclude I first want to thank my opponent for participating in this debate. PED's are illegal according to bylaws of MLB, as I explained before. Now these athletes that did use PED's should be considered cheaters. To pose a question: If a person uses a cell phone during the SAT's and scores higher than they would without a cell phone, should that person be allowed to go to an Ivy League School because of their SAT scores? Knowing that cell phones are illegal, the answer is no. The same principle applies here. The players used illegal substances, knowing that they were illegal, and therefore should be banned from the Hall of Fame. Your turn best of luck.
TheConman

Pro

Thank you for being my first partner! Like I previously mentioned but yet Ill explain again...These "Cellphones" are not the users own intelligence is much more than that. That of what you said is like saying that theses players had half the hole world holding there bat with them. Yes they were illegal, but yes haven't we all felt a time "Pressured" to the extent of cheating? Say when you were a kid and took a candy bar...I should arrest you then shouldn't I? Your mother/father told you not to yet you did it anyway I should have fair reason to arrest you? Look at it like this alot of these players are one a family man, two may loose there jobs if they can't preform like expected. If I hired someone who couldn't do there job like I expected then goodbye, I don't care If your old, to young ...ect. Besides The men and Women who run it know about the drug problem that went on back then and that does today! Only when the issue and the media get in it, its a problem? So if this is the case then lets take all the players who have used out or who ever will out, that's half and let us flush them. That leaves us more than half empty. Its all about these players keeping there statues que (Simpler terms: There average) and if they fall below its over for them so yes some times these players break the rules and sometimes these COACHES, and TEAM LEADERS allow it. So if anyone attack them... so don't hate the player hate the game!
Posted by tajshar2k 1 year ago
tajshar2k
LOL, I guess the only guy who would accept is AROD or Bonds.
Posted by AlwaysRight12345 1 year ago
AlwaysRight12345
I'm assuming that you mean steroid users should STILL be in the Baseball Hall of Fame because your resolution actually says that all steroid users should automatically be put into the Baseball Hall of Fame.
Vote Placed by jcostello14 1 year ago
jcostello14
Gibby97TheConmanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con's appeals to the laws banning steroids from MLB were logical while Pro didn't have a strong justification for his position.
Vote Placed by imabench 1 year ago
imabench
Gibby97TheConmanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con presented a solid case for why the use of steroids is incredibly unfair in the sport of baseball and also flat out illegal, and pro didnt present a very clear case for why this should be overlooked. 'Stress' is not an acceptable excuse to do something illegal, nor should 'stress' be a valid excuse in admitting a player into the hall of fame when they did something completely illegal. Argument points to the con, all other points tied.