Kylar
ILUVROBLOX43

Stockholm, Sweden should host the 2026 Winter Olympics

ILUVROBLOX43 has forfeited round #3.
Started: 12/30/2017 Category: Sports

Kylar

Pro

Hello everybody! To begin with, I wish to apoligize to everyone on here for being away from here for so long. I graduated from high school on May 27th 2016 and since then life has been crazy with college and all. I just completed my third semester at Maranatha Baptist University and am a Bible major, History minor. Now you know the reasons for my hiatus :). With that, let's get started, shall we?
This is debate 50 for me and I hope it will be a fun, engaging, classy, and interesting one.
We know the host cities for the 2018 Winter Games-Pyeochang, the 2020 Summer Games-Tokyo, the 2022 Winter Games-Bejing, the 2024 Summer Games- Paris and the 2028 Summer Games will be in LA.
In September 2019, the International Olympic Committee is meeting to determine the host city for the 2026 Winter Olympic Games. As of right now, Stockholm-Sweden Calgary-Canada, Sion-Switzerland, Sapporo-Japan have announced they might bid for the 2026 Games.
I will take the position that Stockholm, Sweden should be the host city of the 2026 Winter Olympics. I will outline my reasons for this in the later rounds.
I look forward to a fun and interesting debate on this topic and hope that this debate will be courteous as well.
Good luck!
First round=acceptance
Second round=opening arguments
Third round=refutals
Fourth round=further arguments
Fifth round=closing arguments and statements.
ILUVROBLOX43

Con

i dont know real life alympics but i do know roblox olympics do you play roblox i do
Kylar

Pro

Thank you for accepting my debate challenge, I look forward to debating with you. I am not familiar with roblox Olympics, friend :), is it some sort of game?

Anyways, on to the opening arguments as to why I believe Stockholm Sweden should host the 2026 Winter Olympics.
The last few Olympic Games have been in Asia and South America, and Europe has recently been left out at times, and has not been able to compete as strongly.
London hosted the summer Olympics in 2012, as I am sure you are aware. Following this the 2014 winter games went to Sochi, Russia, and we all know that affair was not as good as it could have been. We then celebrated the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio, and look forward to February in South Korea for the Winter Olympics. However, we then head to Japan, then Beijing, for the 2020 summer games and 2022 winter games, respectively. This makes III straight Olympic Games in Asia, before we head to Paris in 2024. I believe the time has come to give Europe the spotlight in Olympic hosting rights.

To begin with, according to insidethegames.biz the Kingdom of Sweden has bid for the Olympics a whopping six times, but without success. The Swedes have won the right to host an Olympics by those numbers alone, I do not know how many other nations have bid for the Games a similar number of times to be ultimately turned down, but Sweden has a fair case for finally being given the games.

Secondly, Sweden is an ideal location for the winter Olympics because of it's geographic location and temperatures during the Western Hemisphere's typical winter months of early November to early March. The Kingdom of Sweden is situated in the middle of Scandinavia, in Western Europe. According to quora.com, Sweden has very long cold winters, and a lot of snow. To have a good winter Olympics, you need to have snow, and a lot of it, in order to do curling, skiing, skating, and that sort of thing. Not only that, the temperature in Sweden is perfect for the winter Olympics. In February, which is when the Winter Olympics are usually held, the temperature ranges from -7.6 degrees Fahrenheit to 26 degrees Fahrenheit. This is ideal weather for skating for example, as the ice will be thick, and frozen solid.

Therefore, my opening arguments rest on Stockholm receiving the 2026 Winter Olympics because the nation of Sweden as a whole has been turned down six times for the Olympics, and thus they are overdue for the right to host one. They also lie in an ideal climate and geographic area for it.

I turn the debate over now to my opponent and look forward to your arguments :).
ILUVROBLOX43

Con

do you believe in god because god is planning a second bible it has all the stories in it but it will have god's new dank meme filled adventures

also he plannin a olympic full of dank meems so yea
Kylar

Pro

Thank you for the debate-I am respectfully, not sure what you are trying to preach to me here, friend, especially in a debate regarding the Host City of the 2026 Winter Olympics.
I will say this, I believe in God with all my heart. His continuous revelation to mankind ceased with the Holy Bible, his verbal, plenary, and inspired word. And I do not understand you with this Olympics full of dank memes either.

I was going to post my refutal to why you disagree with me on Stockholm hosting the games, but kindly I will say I have nothing to refute.
Back to you, Con.
Posted by Nd2400 6 months ago
Nd2400
Hey Kylar, if you could think of another sport topic or something political I would be in....