Stoner Rock Debate

Started: 10/7/2014 Category: Music

This debate will encompass the exchange of either my opponents and mine favorite stoner rock song, and/or my opponents or my perspective regarding the more enjoyable stoner rock song.

My opponent does not need to exclusively accept in round one, he/she may begin because I intend to initiate with my first song.

Karma to Burn - 20

Great debate topic! I got into stoner rock/metal a couple years ago and this has given me a chance to go through and find my old favorites. Thanks to my opponent for instigating, and sorry its taken me so long to get started.

I'm gonna start off with Thumb by Kyuss, a classic song from a classic album.;

I am pleased to discover that you share a similar interest in the genre, and Kyuss is a wonderful stoner rock band from the desert. Great song too.

ASG - Low End In Sight

I dig Pro's last round post, so I'm going to change my originally intended round 2 and bumb it for "The Veil of Isis" by the Sword. If you like Sabath, you'll love the Sword.

And if you like that song, the rest of the album is worth checking out, the whole thing is just as good as the first song.

I was aware of the band but never introduced them myself. That is a massive tone btw.

Corrosion of Conformity - Albatross

Somehow I keep posting the lead songs from albums.

Seer by Witch.

Immense fuzz in that last hit.

Southell - The Lie

Sorry to take so long, I'm kind of busy so I'm going to find and post 2 songs for next round. Sorry about that.

No worries, and the songs you have been providing are tremendous, so I anticipate your next post.

This final band is probably one of my favorite stoner rock bands, and I have great difficulty including just one song, albeit I feel this song sums them up quite succinctly.

Weedeater - God Luck and Good Speed

These last two picks have been extremely difficult. My first three were really obvious, since they're probably my three favorite songs in the genere.

My fourth pick is Sleep-From Beyond, from their famous Sleep's Holy Mountain.

My last pick is probably the lightest song of all my posts, but it's got a really catchy with a pretty sweet outro (fitting for the final round) and I think its the best song on this particuler album.

From Witchcraft-It's Not Because of You.

Thanks to my opponent for this debate, I defintely enjoyed it. And thanks in advance to the voters for listening, vote con!
Posted by intellectuallyprimitive 2 years ago
Yes, I'm considering doing another one, perhaps doom or even sludge metal, if you are interested. From Beyond is heavy as fuk, and fun to play.
Posted by numberwang 2 years ago
It'd be a real shame if such a good debate went unvoted. :,(
Posted by Ragnar 2 years ago
Con, the reason your videos did not display in the final round is the first S in those URLs.
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct for Pro's being gracious after Con couldn't post a song in a round. As to arguments: This is a wholly subjective debate. In a genre of music that I'm not super into. Listening...I kind of tended towards Con, but I concede it's rather close to a "whim" to select his over Pro's.