seenbao
themohawkninja

Stop Google+ Integration with YouTube

themohawkninja
Started: 12/10/2013 Category: Technology

seenbao

Con

I hate Google+'s force integration with YouTube. It has presented all sorts of problems. Some of the most popular issues are: Decrease viewers and subscribers, bad comment system, comment spamming, comment links, infinite characters, force G+ account, and many more issues. Hopefully Google sees this and hopefully deletes G+ for good.
themohawkninja

Pro

Even though the debate is to stop something, my opponent is clearly taking what would be the pro side to this, and therefore I will be arguing that Google+ should stay integrated with YouTube.

"Decrease viewers and subscribers"

How so? Where is your evidence for this?

"bad comment system"

What do you mean by 'bad'? What about it is 'bad'?

"comment spamming"

I fail to see your point here, as the only comment spamming that I have witnessed since the integration of Google+ with YouTube is the "Bob's Army" spam that has only some into existence as a protest against the integration [1]. This isn't inherently the fault of Google, but rather certain peoples resistance to change.

"comment links

What about the comment links?

"infinite characters"

I fail to see why this is a bad thing. Infinite characters allows a user to write out their entire comment in its entirety without having to write multiple comments in order to accomplish the same task. This is very beneficial if you are in an informal debate with someone on the site, and require a lot of characters to assert your argument. That is why the limits on this site can go as high as 10,000 characters, as people need that much space to write their full rebuttal.

"force G+ account"

It's a free account that does no harm to you. All you have to do is take a few minutes of your life to fill out the form and that is all. Nothing bad about that.

"and many more issues"

Like what?

1. http://www.youtube.com... (The evidence is in the comment section of many of the videos)
seenbao

Con

seenbao forfeited this round.
themohawkninja

Pro

My opponent has forfeited, and therefore all of my rebuttals remain uncontested into the next round.
seenbao

Con

seenbao forfeited this round.
themohawkninja

Pro

My opponent has forfeited, and therefore all of my rebuttals remain uncontested at the end of the debate.
Posted by themohawkninja 3 years ago
themohawkninja
@TheAntidoter

Sure. I have yet to see any real evidence of why so may people got annoyed about the change, so might as well see if you have any real evidence to try and back up all the claims that I've been hearing.
Posted by TheAntidoter 3 years ago
TheAntidoter
@TheMohawkNinja

Would you be willing to do a debate on this topic, with you taking the same side?
Vote Placed by iamanatheistandthisiswhy 3 years ago
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
seenbaothemohawkninjaTied
Reasons for voting decision: I absolutely detest the integration system. However, Pro made rational arguments and asked for sources which were never given as Con forfeited. As such arguments and conduct go to Pro. Sources points are split as youtube comments are not a source. Grammar and spelling are tied, but could have gone to Pro if I had more to read.
Vote Placed by kbub 3 years ago
kbub
seenbaothemohawkninjaTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF. Con, please don't drop debates, its rude. Pro: good debate, you have obviously won. If I may offer a suggestion, I'd recommend that instead of asking your opponent for examples/evidence/analysis, simply state that your opponent has failed to offer examples/evidence/analysis. That way, if your opponent doesn't answer or answer well its a winning defensive argument for you. Great work though!
Vote Placed by TheAntidoter 3 years ago
TheAntidoter
seenbaothemohawkninjaTied