Zaephou
TheGodson

Stop accepting debates with the title 'How do Atheists rationally know truth from fiction?'

Zaephou has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Zaephou

Pro

Newcomers to Debate.org, DO NOT accept ANY debate with the title 'How do atheists rationally know truth from fiction?'. The guy who has been posting them, ViceRegent, is a middle-aged bigoted ignoramus with the brain capacity of a lemur, and he has been spamming this same debate for months. DON'T ACCEPT THESE KINDS OF DEBATES. REPORT HIM FOR SPAM.
TheGodson

Con

I will argue against my opponent telling newcomers what to do. If a newcomer wishes to debate this middle aged monkey man then let them.

My opponent failed to state what the structure for the rounds. In fairness I will leave this round to announce that I am accepting the debate and rounds 2 and 3 for arguments and rebuttals.

...On second thought, f*ck that. My opponent failed to specify rules so I will argue in any way I can to win this debate including the first round.

My opponent mentioned that these debates are spam, but failed to specify what he meant by SPAM.

Definition of SPAM:
1.
irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent on the Internet to a large number of recipients.
2.
a canned meat product made mainly from ham.

Since the opponent is on the internet I would assume the first definition, however he wrote it all in caps. If you look at an image of SPAM in the meat form you will see it has all capital letters:

https://upload.wikimedia.org...

Are we reporting him because he ate SPAM? For liking SPAM? Putting a picture of SPAM on the internet? If that was the case then he would be spamming spam. :D

(Notice the pun, I shall be awarded style points for good conduct at the end when the audience casts their votes. That pun was really witty.)

Either way my opponent was not specific when talking about SPAM. My opponent has also made the assumption that the guy posting his debates has the brain capacity of a lemur, yet gives no sources to back up his claim.

Here is a picture of a lemur:
http://news.nationalgeographic.com...

Here is a video of children petting a lemur:
https://www.youtube.com...

I also looked up "lemur eating spam" on the almighty Google and could find no links relating the two. Coincidence? I think not.

Thank you opponent for taking the time to start this debate. I look forward to a well thought out counter argument.
Zaephou

Pro

My counter argument:

Yes.
TheGodson

Con

My opponent's counter argument is simply the word "yes" which is vague and could be interpreted in many different ways. Since my opponent failed to specify, I will assume that yes means that he agrees with me. If he agrees with me at this point then my opponent recognizes that he was wrong before and that I have won the debate.

On a side note, notice how I have a profile picture and my opponent doesn't. This means I probably take this a bit more seriously is all. Just saying... (aka: bonus points for me).
Posted by Apophis66 1 year ago
Apophis66
Lets look at his debate tally:
http://www.debate.org...

He has lost 75 of these debates.
Tied on 25 of these debates.
And won 7 of these debates.

In every case that he won it was because his opponent left the debate and Vice won because of conduct not arguments.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
That's kind of insulting, but I have to agree here.