9spaceking
CrazyCowMan

Story Without "E"

9spaceking

9spaceking

Pro

Inspired by Gadsby.

Story definition: "a narrative, either true or fictitious, in prose or verse, designed tointerest, amuse, or
instruct the hearer or reader; tale."

By accepting this debate you accept all definitions and rules.

Round one acceptance. No trolling or forfeiting.

Round two we each write a story using words with the letter "E". Or at least, we attempt to.
If the story has a single "E" the writer who wrote the story with an "E" LOSSES. If both debaters accidentally use "E"'s in their stories, then the winner is based upon amount of mistakes. If the mistake amount is equal, then the winner is based on creativity and overall enjoyment of the story. The stories have to be minimum of 1,000 characters (they can be exactly 1,000 characters if you want). Please do not plagiarize.

EXTRA RULES
-You must use English language in your story. Tienes que usar no espanol nada, o otros idiomas. :P
-The grammar must be proper. "Sir Laffrro ran into I" is an example of bad grammar (Correct grammer is, "Sir Laffro ran into me"--obviously you cannot do this and have to find another way to state this sentence.) Points for spelling and grammar may be deducted if one debater chooses to do this, and perhaps even ultimately points for word-play/creativity can count into the judge's decision if it really comes down to so.
-You cannot use symbols to represent the "E"'s, use implied "E"'s, or leave blank space for "E"'s. For example, you cannot write "Today I wnt into th stor to buy som clothing." Nor can you write "W*'r* going to th* stor* to buy some mayonnaise today!" You get the idea. Nothing with "E"'s.
-Abbreviations that extend to have "E"'s count in this too. For example, "Mr." --Mister--would count as a word with "E". On the other hand "P.S. --Post Script" would not.

Good luck and have fun!
CrazyCowMan

Con

I accept this debate, it looks pretty fun and I can't wait to read your story.
9spaceking

Pro

Today I will build Grand Vanton. Today, my family will look and shout: "Ah, what an outstanding building! Our first son fails in comparison!" Today, I shall surpass all art—including my twin’s-- with my Grand Vanton!

First, mining diamonds and mixing it up with Titanium, I built strong walls for my Gran Vanton. Buying dingy flooring to contrast against that wall was not too hard, but laying down frizzy mats got my back too itchy for my liking. I also add a stair that is in a spot right in front of that front door--which was majorly gold, with a handful of auxiliary alloys surrounding it. Using uncommon plants, I adorn it as a canopy. Finally, I am almost to victory. I jump with joy, and I know that, with this final addition, Grand Vanton would turn into a paragon of a building. Only my skills would dub it, and only my skills. My twin would not put my Grand Vanton in his shadow—no, my Grand Vanton would put him in my shadow!

So, quickly going on to work, I climb Mount Hadnon for my final product—world-famous for amazingly striking out, hypnotizing anybody—ah, Rock of Yantaz, nothing’s stopping Grand Vanton from gaining you! But just as I am about to grasp a part of a Rock—I lost my footing and down, down I fall. I thought I was going to go SPLAT! And not hold onto my soul, for it will fly towards God… But at a last instant, a man with inhuman instincts grips my shirt, and all I saw was a holy light—this man was God for that instant.

“Vanton?? Is that you??” “God” said. And at that instant—

“Hortan!! My….my sibling! I—I don’t know what to say!”

That’s right…it was my sibling. I was so arrogant, I did want to crush him so bad, but in my actions, I forgot all about us as a family. I told him about this situation, and as I finish, admonition did not hit. Nothing involving scolding from my savior did slap. But I was full of contusions in my mind. I was only glad my sibling was on a mountain climb as I was falling to my doom.

I sigh: “I’m so sorry, Hortan. I….I think….my only way fix this is to….stop my work on Grand Vanton. It’s only fair for you.”

Hortan thought about it for a bit, brows furrowing. His pupils burnish in an instant: Aha! Building Vanton with you! That’s our solution! Changing Vanton’s sign isn’t hard at all!”

I grin at him. “Always a smart man, Hortan, always a smart man.”

Today Hortan and I will build Grand Honton. Today, my family will look and shout: "Ah, what an outstanding building! Our buildings fail in comparison!" Today, my sibling and I, will surpass all art—with our Grand Honton!

CrazyCowMan

Con

Along an old road in Australia, an anonymous and colossal ox that can play a guitar struts. It walks and walks and withstands cold winds and harsh lands. Upon crossing all land it has to, it runs to a fascinating small town, of which has an honorific of Grasstown.

Anonymous Ox stays at an Inn occupying most of Grasstowns south part. During daylight, Anonymous Ox strolls to Grasstown Mall, and plays his guitar in front of its lobby. Following his first day of playing in front of Grasstown Malls' lobby, Anonymous Ox looks at its cash that it had lost a full day to obtain; it is fifty-two dollars in total.
That night, in Anonymous Ox"s Inn, two scary-looking adult humans, Bob and Job, go into his room. Bob who is big throws his things around to construct sound. Anonymous Ox stirs and both humans start to panic. Job and Bob jump out Ox's window to withdraw, but first grab Ox"s cash. Upon rising from his nap, Anonymous Ox sobs a lot from anguish and sorrow.

Anonymous Ox thinks it might turn into a physical confrontation today, so it puts on its fighting mitts. Marcus, who owns Grasstown Mall, says "I saw two humans, Bob and Job run into your room." Anonymous Ox thinks that it will apply this day to finding Bob and Job, and taking his cash back. Anonymous Ox hunts for Bob and Job for two and a half hours, and talks to Hob, who is Bob and Jobs dad. Hob Squawks at his two sons and confirms that Job has Ox's cash down his shirt. Ox throws a punch in animosity towards Jobs skull and storms off with his cash. Job had a small pain in his brain that day, but was okay following a lot of hours.

Anonymous Ox has had too many bad affairs in Grasstown, and thinks that it must roam across country and land again, until it can find a town or city to stay at. Ox withdraws from Grasstown that day without saying "so long" to anybody. All it has now is its cash, guitar and provisions.

Many nights and days following, Anonymous Ox is cold and hungry, and stops into a city that is contiguous to a road that Ox is walking on. It is 10 o" clock at night, and Ox strains to find a food shop. It turns out that Ox can only find a bar known as "Drinks and Junk". It"s a disgusting bar with mould on its walls and crap on its urinal floors, but it"s warm. Ox buys a scotch and savours this night, most animals similar to him succumb to casualty and downfall. But not him, Anonymous Ox was always strong and hard, Ox fights for what it lacks and always sustains.

"Drinks and Junk" also supply rooms to borrow for a low cost, so Ox asks his barman if it can obtain a room. "You may, my good Ox," says Anonymous Ox"s barman, "right this way, my good Ox." Ox"s barman shows Ox his room, and hands out a gratis map for Ox to look at so that it knows its way around its surroundings.

Following a good night, Ox stands up and walks out of "Drinks and Junk". Ox kills his hours by busking in a busy road and finds out that it can only busk for a short bit, until his guitar box is full of cash. Humans who pass by him sound happy to find out that an Ox is playing alluring music, and finally a man in a luxurious-looking suit stops and turns towards Anonymous Ox, walking forward. "Your playing is fantastic," Ox picks up him saying, "I own a studio in this city, and I would fancy giving you a room to you, to show big music corporations your skill. You could turn famous, and all humans around you would know you."

Ox"s mind is blown at that thought. Now, Ox wouldn"t work all day, hold onto his cash with worry of a mugging or hop from city to city just to find a community that wouldn"t shun him. With a giant grin across his mouth, Ox said "Okay" and was shown a way to his companions studio"

Ox was a hit in music. His sound was known to all humans in Australia, and many lands.
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
Anyhow, Good debate, don't think anyone else will vote in only 2 hours. It was fun and challenging to write such a story. I thought I might have gotten logic points off for the random hollywood-style solution, lol.
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
lol, even if I had more emotion stored into those 2000 characters than you did in 4000, I think your story was much more interesting than mine. An ox with music? Very unique.
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
I think you won. (We each had no mistakes, so points are awarded by creativity and entertainment)
Good debate.
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
wow nice! I really liked your story.
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
very nice. Although I think quality beats quantity. I meant to write my story more on a symbolic meaning than actual meaning. Being saved by your own bro climbing the same mountain is either very Dinsey/Hollywood, or a symbolic representation.
Posted by CrazyCowMan 2 years ago
CrazyCowMan
...though that's not necessarily good or bad
Posted by CrazyCowMan 2 years ago
CrazyCowMan
not to boast, but mine is almost 4 times as long as the minimum...
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
Good luck, you'll need it
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
spoiler alerts:
-There are no "E"'s in my story
-It's twice as long as the minimum
LOL
Posted by CrazyCowMan 2 years ago
CrazyCowMan
well good luck
Vote Placed by BLAHthedebator 2 years ago
BLAHthedebator
9spacekingCrazyCowManTied
Reasons for voting decision: It is possible!!!! However, I found pros story to change tenses less, and his moral seemed simple but effective. Pros story also had emotion in it, not just sadness, but tenseness and happiness as well, whilst cons story just simply... went on with the events. Thus, I give my vote to pro.
Vote Placed by AngelofDeath 2 years ago
AngelofDeath
9spacekingCrazyCowManTied
Reasons for voting decision: Cute