Story writing contest

This debate is all about the person who can write the best story. It can be fiction or non-fiction. First round is acceptance.

Hello "Mr. Lincoln" :)

I accept to debate with you! May the best story win!

This is a fictional story about a man with a drug addiction

I sat there. I sat there, waiting. I sat there, waiting for a friend. He was coming over to my house to watch the game. And I sat there. Should I take it?.I don't know if it's a good idea, especially with people coming over. I was never a good decision maker. When I was a boy, I usually did things without thinking about it. And that's how I got into this mess. Would he notice if I took it? He probably would, maybe I should wait till he leaves. That's too long of a wait, I need to do it now.

I was out for a few hours. I don't remember much about passing out. I woke up to many mesages from my friend. I did not return his calls, I just didn't have the energy for it.The worst thing about this situation, was that it didn't even make me feel good. It wasn't making me feel good. This is probably as hard as it gets. You go any higher and you'll die. You need to stop now. You are hurting yourself doing this. I knew it wasn't good for me. I didn't care, though. It made me feel good. It made me escape. But this time, it didn't make me feel good. In fact, I didn't feel anyhting. It was almost like a sleeping pill. I needed something to make me feel happy, so I called up my friend, and I told him, "What you gave me isn't good enough. I need something better. Something so good that my brain will explode". He thought about it for a while. "I might have something, no guarentees that it's gonna make your head explode, though". "I'll try it, when do you wanna meet up'."3:30. Tomorrow. Usual spot". "Sounds great. I'll see you there".

I scraped up enough money to buy it from him, so I headed over to our usual spot and tried to spot him there. Our "usual spot' was a public park, close to both our houses. We never have been caught making deals, so I was pretty comfortable with doing the deal. We always did the deals on the same bench, and this time was no different. I spotted at the bench, so I made my way over. "Do you have money", he said. "When do I not have the money", I replied. We both chuckled. He made the exchange when just a couple of officers started eyeballing us. At first, they made nothing of it. I guess they started getting thoughts into their head, because not before long, they made their way over to us. "Don't. Panic.", my friend whispered to me. I tried my best not to panic, but when you just made a drug deal and a couple of cops start interrogating you, it's hard not to panic. "What are you gentlemen up to here", the officer asked. "We're just resting after a long run", my friend falsely stated. "Why aren't you sweaty, then?", the officer replied. "We went for the run a while ago, for right now, we're justing resting', my friend replied. "Oh, alright", one of the officers replied. One of the officers didn't seem to care, but the other was definantly trying to bust us. "What was that item that you 2 swapped earlier". "It was just a protein bar'. "And you made your friend pay for it". "Yes sir". The officer chuckled. "May I see this bar?", the officer asked. " I ate it already", I replied. "I didn't see you eating it though", he replied. "So I'm going to ask you again: May I see this so-called protein bar?". It was a this point that I knew I was busted, so like a complete idiot, I ran away. I just got up and ran away. My friend was stopped by one of the officers before he could do anything, but for me, I just ran. Eventaully, I felt a sharp pain in my back. It was an undescribable pain, and pain so sharp it would make a grown man cry. Because of said pain, i fell to the ground. I immediatly thought to myself, My life is over. Everyhting I ever wanted in life, I can't have anymore.

I woke up in a bed. It wasn't my bed, and their was a familiar smell. It was a smell I always dreaded. It reminded me of sick people and medicine. I tried getting out of this bed, but for some reason, I couldn't move. I could not move my arms or legs. I could not even look up. Then I thought to myself, Am I paralyzed?. My life was really going to be over if this was true. Then the doctor came in. "Oh hey, I didn't realize you were awake. I came in earlier but you were still sleeping'. He startted asking me a lot of questions about my family and my life. Then, he gave me some news. "Now, the police department has decided to not convict on possesion of a banned substance and resisiting arrest". I asked why. "Well, I don't know how to put this lightly, but..". I stopped him there. I pretty much already knew I was paralyzed. "The shot from the officer's gun got you right in the spine, which paralyzed you from the neck down'. I didn't need some doctor to tell me. It took me a while to digest, but soon, I asked him "What's going to be my punishment. I mean, I can't walk free without some kind of punishment, right?. he answered "Well, instead of a trail and possible jail time, because of you paralyization and previous clean record, they are giving you a mandatory check-in to a rehabilitation center, for at least a year". I was happy and sad at the same time. I didn't have to go to jail and was going to get help about my addiction, but I was paralyzed. I could not do 80% of the things I could do before I was paralyzed. "But before you go to drug rehabilitation, you need to go to physical rehabilitation first".

Months of rigourous training followed, and after about 3 months of physical training, I regained the use of my arms, but was wheelchair bound, and was able to check into the rehab center. This center was absolutley beautifal. It was a brand new facility, and everybody was just so welcoming. My first activity was a group circle, where everybody told jokes and stories. Most people didn't say jokes, but mostly talked about their expiereince with drugs. It was soon my turn. "Hey everybody'. I was incredibly nervous. "I'm very excited for you to hear my story, I hope you guys can gain something from it".

Curiosity Kills by albertjr

*The following is a series of diary entries found taped on a wall of a mental hospital cell.*

I know it's me. I know this is all my fault. There is no one to blame except for myself. But why do I feel so wronged? Why am I sitting here without feelings of remorse or guilt? Oh please, Doctor, pity me! Kill me if you have to, just don't leave me here in this cell alone! Oh, Doctor! I see you coming toward me now. Help me! Help m--

I should've known what a heartless person the Doctor is. How was I so gullible? I heard the stories of his works, his horrible works. How innocent men were dismembered into unrecognizable figures with their mouths sewn shut. "It's for their own good," the Doctor would chuckle to himself. No one ever stood up against him, because they would be the next victim. Oh why did I even step into this blasted building, anyway? Why was I so curious to see the infamous hospital? No-- it cannot be. He is coming again. No please. No no no n--

It is truly a blessing to be able to think in the right mind now. I must admit, the Doctor must have been extra careful with me these past 4 days in order for me to still be in one piece. I never believed that I would say this, but I thank him. Thank you, Doctor, for choosing to just sew my mouth shut but not cut through my body. I remember you saying something along the lines that I was more advanced than the others. Of course, the pain on my face is still there, as is the blood on my chin. I know that I will never speak or eat through my mouth ever again, but I must be grateful. I hope the Doctor releases me. I hope I can see the sky again. I hope I can--

*That was the last diary entry found taped on the wall. The last person who saw him saw the Doctor carrying him out of his cell, with a large butcher knife in his hand.*