TheodoretheMan
Apple7

Straight marriage should be legal.

Apple7

TheodoretheMan

Pro

Definition of straight marriage in this sense: the legal unity between a man and a woman. Excuse spelling please as I just broke my dominant arm, and am typing rather slowly. On to the debate. (Religion is not included in the debate) I believe straight marriage should be legal because (1) it is natural for a man and woman to be together. From the beginning of civilization they have been wanting to be mutually connected or, in today's terms, married. 2. Deducting from genitalia and genitalia functions, one can see how a man and woman should be together as well. One would one be eliminating the obvious normal connection otherwise. And if it was illegal and looked down upon by society in the future, where would children come from? A man and woman would feel shamed for having intercourse and possibly a baby. So, in conclusion, I believe straight marriage should be legal.
Apple7

Con

" (1) it is natural for a man and woman to be together. From the beginning of civilization they have been wanting to be mutually connected or, in today's terms, married. 2. Deducting from genitalia and genitalia functions, one can see how a man and woman should be together as well. One would one be eliminating the obvious normal connection otherwise. And if it was illegal and looked down upon by society in the future, where would children come from? A man and woman would feel shamed for having intercourse and possibly a baby. So, in conclusion, I believe straight marriage should be legal."

-I do agree with you that "it is natural for a man and woman to be together," but let's face it, as the society progress, the naturalness of a man and a women to be together started to fade. Man wanted to be with another man. Woman wanted to be with another woman and no one can judge or discriminate that individual in any way. That is his or her rights to make the decision. And the children (where would they come from) issue? If a man and a woman wanted to be together, then fine, go ahead but don't take away the right of others from making their decision, which is to be with their same-sex (male with male and woman with woman).

"So, in conclusion, I believe straight marriage should be legal."

-Wait, what???? Who said that straight marriages were illegal? Did the "San Francisco Bans Straight Marriage" incident on Sep 11, 2014 made you believe that people hated heterosexual marriage and declare it "illegal"? Oh come man, I see where you're going with this. Let's get this straight, heterosexual couples need to leave homosexual couples alone. I mean, alone.

"The City of San Francisco banned straight marriage today on the grounds that heterosexual behavior is unnatural and a threat to same-sex relationships." - (San Francisco Bans Straight Marriage)

-If heterosexual couples (the majority) didn't threaten the homosexual couples (the minority) then nothing would happen. Paradoxically, why would you even debate about this topic because you are in the majority groups, which is the heterosexual? If you debate against homosexual couples then I would like to know why?
TheodoretheMan

Pro

Con obviously didn't read the title to this debate. Con went off on another subject about homosexuals. Con believes that it think this is actually going on. It's not. I just wanted someone to debate to try to prove why straight marriage should not be legal. Con should have read the comment section where I clearly state "this is not a current event". And lastly con should not have accepted this debate simply to tell me that it's ok to be homosexual and to tell me that straight marriage is legal. (Of which I did know.) I now have no information to rebuttal. Thanks a lot apple7.
Apple7

Con

-First of all, Pro, I know what I'm saying and DO NOT put words into my mouth. That's disrespectful, rude and stupid. Really, I mean it.

-There's no point in this debate if that's the way you interpret your topic. Your point is straight marriage is legal. The way you interpreted your topic into your believe at the end is misleading. And that causes your opponent to misinterpret what you want to debate about since you don't even know what you want to debate about in the first place. My point is fine, let straight marriage legal but if they're trying to create conflict with the homosexual community then that's a problem and I'm against it. I"m against it because most people look down on the minority homosexual community and I"m here to forbid it to happen.

-You are arguing for straight marriage ONLY and ignoring the homosexual marriage. And I"m here to argue for the homosexual marriage and its legality. A partial of my point is straight marriages threaten and discriminate the homosexual marriages because they are doing something that was just "off" a little bit which is not ok. And your topic would be undebatable if you want me to argue that straight marriage should be LITERALLY illegal. I'm arguing the other way around and that is if straight marriages threaten a homosexual marriage then that"s ILLEGAL. Which mean straight marriage is illegal. Your topic somewhat indirectly mentioned that homosexual marriages aren"t legal. Your topic is "straight marriage should be legal" NOT "homosexual marriage should be legal."

-And by the way your debate is pointless. You think that I would fall for your trap and debate that straight marriage shouldn't be illegal because a man and a woman shouldn't be together? You know for a fact that I"m not against that. I'm sorry your trick doesn't work. I know that I've signed up to be the Con but hey, why would you want to debate about straight marriage should be legal if nothing around you trying to forbid it from happening. (Open your eyes and look! Stop looking at a computer or a laptop or whatever electronic devices your eyes are looking at right now. Look at your parents, your grand parents, your great grand parents and great great grand parents and so on and ask yourself are you blind to what REALLY going or what?). I'm not arguing that a man and a woman shouldn't be together, my point is if that straight marriage couple, which is the majority, threaten the homosexual couple, the minority, then that's wrong and it should be illegal for that couple to get married.

By the way, you should stop sounded like you have a rebuttal against me because you don"t even know what you"re rebutting about since you don"t know how to introduce a debate topic properly and then debate it correctly. I accepted this debate because I could see some stupidity in your argument.

-And let me quote you one more time just to make sure you're on topic.

"(1) it is natural for a man and woman to be together. From the beginning of civilization they have been wanting to be mutually connected or, in today's terms, married. 2. Deducting from genitalia and genitalia functions, one can see how a man and woman should be together as well. One would one be eliminating the obvious normal connection otherwise. And if it was illegal and looked down upon by society in the future, where would children come from? A man and woman would feel shamed for having intercourse and possibly a baby. So, in conclusion, I believe straight marriage should be legal."

-Read it yourself and tell me is this debatable if you want me to do what you indirectly ask me to debate about. This is a whole pointless paragraph. It's undebatable (somewhat). You are arguing that marriages between a man and woman sounded like something is chasing after you and try to forbid it. Sounds ridiculous. I'm arguing against straight marriages ONLY if it created a threat to the minority homosexual community.
TheodoretheMan

Pro

I'm sorry you were confused. I did not appreciate, though, that you said " Do Not put words into my mouth", and then went ahead and put words into MY mouth. I apologize I put words into your mouth. I'm not mad at you but you seem to be mad at me for some reason. Yes, once again, I do know that a man and women are supposed to be together. I just wanted to debate some one and have then say that it shouldn't be legal. I don't care if they REALLY believe that. But for some reason you seem very upset. I don't know why.
Apple7

Con

"I did not appreciate, though, that you said " Do Not put words into my mouth", and then went ahead and put words into MY mouth."

-Oh, now I'm the one who is putting words into your mouth? That's called a payback and you're the one who started it. NOW we're even.

-I'm not upset in anyway. Thank you. Good Debate.
Posted by PillarOfSalt 2 years ago
PillarOfSalt
DONT LEt THESE GUYS GET AWAY WITH THE STRAlGHT AGENDA
Posted by PillarOfSalt 2 years ago
PillarOfSalt
Hetero shouldn't be legal. I dont want my gay children to be seeing hetero people on TV because that might make them straight.
Posted by Apple7 2 years ago
Apple7
TheodoretheMan, now you're calling me immature? Oh come on "man," you are the FIRST one who put words into my mouth and now you're calling me immature? That's a paradox. What else can you do "man"? You are arguing against me like a kid. I mean your debate has no point whatsoever (that's what kids usually do when they can't argue an "adult," they could not recognize their mistakes when they've made one and they're really good at arguing about petty things). And the rebuttal? You should stop sounded like you have A rebuttal against me since you don't know what you're rebutting about because you don't even know how to introduce a debate topic properly and then debate it correctly. STOP this drama and show the people who you REALLY are and what you're capable of. TheodoretheMan, live up to your title and debate like a man.
Posted by TheodoretheMan 2 years ago
TheodoretheMan
Not very mature to call 'payback' during a debate. Vote pro everyone!!!
Posted by TheodoretheMan 2 years ago
TheodoretheMan
Oh ok.
Posted by Elijahhill97 2 years ago
Elijahhill97
Okay just checking. Most of these debates are about current things so I was just checking
Posted by TheodoretheMan 2 years ago
TheodoretheMan
It's just a debate. It's not about real current events, Elijah.
Posted by Elijahhill97 2 years ago
Elijahhill97
Can you tell me who is saying "straight" marriage shouldn't be legal? because to the extent of my knowledge it is legal and no one is fighting it. People are fighting for gay marriage to also be legal. Not to make "Straight" Marriage illegal.
Posted by TheodoretheMan 2 years ago
TheodoretheMan
Absurd, just absurd, aburk903. If you hadn't noticed, I didn't misspell any words. I'm so sorry you don't want to do this debate, that's what the other millions of people are for.
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
'tis a silly debate.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
TheodoretheManApple7Tied
Reasons for voting decision: con heavily rebuted pro, and impossibly managed to retain his position while pro's case could not be rebuilt
Vote Placed by PillarOfSalt 2 years ago
PillarOfSalt
TheodoretheManApple7Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Hetero marriage shouldn't be legal. I dont want my gay children to be seeing hetero people on TV because that might make them straight.