Gingerbreadman
van77maxon

Strictness of Gun Laws Will Not Reduce Gun Violence

Gingerbreadman

Pro

I find that the new gun laws, if any are passed, will not reduce shootings and crime committed by criminals and the mentally ill.

Present a counter argument
van77maxon

Con

To show that strictness of gun laws will reduce gun violence I will give some examples of guns that are illegal, that if widely available for legal purchase, would lead to a definite increase in gun violence. My goal is to show that strictness of gun laws reduces gun violence in the present. From this point, I think we can deduce that strictness of gun laws will reduce gun violence in the future.

I look forward to the debate and assume that the last round is only for rebuttal, not for new arguments.
Gingerbreadman

Pro

Gingerbreadman forfeited this round.
van77maxon

Con

van77maxon forfeited this round.
Gingerbreadman

Pro

Gingerbreadman forfeited this round.
van77maxon

Con

Too bad, I thought it would be fun to debate this.
Posted by van77maxon 3 years ago
van77maxon
No problem... thanks for posting it. Hope things work out!
Posted by Gingerbreadman 3 years ago
Gingerbreadman
I apologize, i am having difficulties at home and at school. I am forced to retire from debating until i can get my grades and home life straight. again I apologize..
Posted by van77maxon 3 years ago
van77maxon
Thanks for the comment emmy. That would be a valid point (that I would agree with) if we were debating banning guns altogether. However, this debate is about strictness of gun laws (i.e. controlling the types of weapons that are available for legal purchase). I think people can defend their homes with a solid shotgun or 9mm any day and I don't hear anyone saying gun laws should ban these.
Posted by Gingerbreadman 3 years ago
Gingerbreadman
There is actually no reason for this debate now, he just said everything I had to say
Posted by emmynemmy 3 years ago
emmynemmy
Con, what you happen to forget is that even if gun control is implanted, people that take guns for violent purposes will not care. They will go through the black market, build their own, people are resourceful. If anything you are taking away the last line of defense for peaceful citizens. Typically the police arrive on scene in a number of minutes, however it takes a fraction of a second for a bullet to leave the chamber of a firearm and protect you.