drzevia
PepperButler

String Theory is true

drzevia

Con

String theory is a great theory that can also be considered as the only contender for the grant theory of everything. I see that you are 14 and a man of science. I too am 14 (ok fine I'm "almost" 14) but I have a vast knowledge of sciences. My first point is that string theory only works when there are either 10 or 20 space dimensions, so what happened to those dimensions?
PepperButler

Pro

Well it is quite simple. The theory is first of all not done and what happened to those dimensions can not be explained. A bit like the fact that there is no real proof that I will be broken up into bits of atoms once I go in a black whole? Not only that but, have you not noticed how E=mc2 equation a bit too fundamental? I mean it is almost too simple to explain the vast and great universe that we live in? Not only that but, have you asked yourself maybe there is only 20 dimensions? Maybe it is not endless and that is why it is a string. Due to the fact it ends. What say you my opponent!
drzevia

Con

None of that has anything to do with string theory. The leading theory as to what happened to the extra dimensions is that they were lost at the beginning of the universe and they all curled up. And the mere fact that it is called a theory implies the fact that it is unfinished. What happens when you go into a black hole (no "w") is you are gobbled up by the singularity, and if you want to point to the fact that singularities are unproven then you are just gobbled up by the black hole and a chemical change turns your matter into black hole plasma. E=MC^2 is a theory that has proven true in every experiment ever done. The fact that its a theory shows that it can never be proven. The coincidence of the equation being extremely simple and the widespread popularity of it is, in fact, no coincidence. People decided to hail it as a great equation because of the fact that it was first of all extremely important to physics and second of all they could understand it. The idea of the equation isn't to explain the universe but is to display the fact that energy is mass. But the point is, string theory is a great theory that may become a very well accepted theory, but the burden of proof lies on you to prove that it is true and since you cannot do that, you cannot claim it is true and logically must claim it to be false. Therefore I am correct.
PepperButler

Pro

PepperButler forfeited this round.
drzevia

Con

drzevia forfeited this round.
PepperButler

Pro

PepperButler forfeited this round.