Students Should Be Allowed to Talk During Class

1. This round will be an acceptance round.

2. It will be simple, I present you with why students need to be able to speak during class, and you will provide me with support about you believing that students should not be able to speak.

3. Be serious.

I accept and look forward to an excellent debate.

1. Why should children not be able to speak in a classroom. One of the sole reasons for learning is to be skeptical; ask questions. Well, certainly not obvious questions, but ones that are interesting you. You can't be afraid to ask questions or talk or you will not be taught anything.
2. Teachers are teachers, and it wasn't hard to get them job.
2B. They're not anyone like Albert Einstein, Nikola Tesla, Bill Nye, Richard Dawkins, or anybody famous like that. Even if those people were your teachers, they would still make slight mistakes in the teachings; everybody does!
3. If students can't talk during class time how in the h*ll with they make friends? Are you only giving them lunch time and in-between classes to be social?
3B. Along with that, students won't work to learn with each other and be cooperate. Although you do need to be independent when you can, there are times when you'll need a group.
4. How will people pursue in their career goals? If your dream is to become a scientist or anything academic, there is no chance that you will know how to work together, create a hypothesis, and peer revise.
5. The con had mentioned that children will be more inspired if they're silent and don't speak. That statement is quite the contrary. If children can't say anything about the subject they are learning, how COULD they be inspired?
5B. I love asking questions, even my science teacher said we should be skeptical; she's right. Because of her, I have become open-minded and thoughtful about everything about the wonders of the world.

Look, I have many more points but I think I could demolish you with just two of the ones I have listed. Good luck.

The_Epic_Cat forfeited this round.

Vote Pro!

Please forgive me for not posting my argument. Now then, as you all know, I personally believe that children should only talk when allowed by a teacher.

1. Now, if we gave students the ability to talk completely freely, do you think they are going to talk about school work? It's very unlikely.

2. Talking freely in class can be very disruptive during studying and working within the classroom. Let's say little Jimmy is working real hard on his work, trying to bring his grade, but then 2 guys are talking loudly about so and so (In school, you can find some, ahem, "interesting" conversations".) Little Jimmy just can't get his work down, due to the huge distraction caused by the two boys. Poor, poor little Jimmy.

3. The ability to talk during class should only be at the consent of the teacher. During free time, by all means, talk away, but if you're in the middle of teaching someone, you wouldn't want them talking while you teach. As for asking questions, it's a simple lift of your hand, which, unless you are unable to, is quite easy. It is not very disruptive and the teacher will be able to get to the student's question.

4. When it comes to socializing, you are EASILY able to do that during passing period, free time, and lunch. Being in class is a time for learning, not socializing!

5. Being inspired CAN happen when one is silent. I am often inspired by just listening to a teacher or speaking.

In conclusion, the ability to freely talk during class is one that could easily be taken advantage of. I thank my opponent for a fantastic debate and I greatly urge all of you to please vote con!
Posted by The_Epic_Cat 1 year ago
Day 5: Still no votes.
Posted by The_Epic_Cat 1 year ago
Please understand that I was on vacation and I completely forgot about this debate. If you want to, please write your rebuttal in the comments.
Posted by AtheistPerson 1 year ago
Wow, thanks for posting an argument at the end. Where I can't do anything. I knew that would happen
Posted by AtheistPerson 1 year ago
Sorry about saying something about the con. I forgot someone that you accepted it instead of the person who I directly challenged. We had a little bit of an argument in one of the polls.
Vote Placed by Blade-of-Truth 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct - Pro. Con forfeited a round which is rarely acceptable behavior in any debate setting. S&G - Tie. Both had proper spelling and grammar throughout the debate. Arguments - Pro. Con presented a compelling case, but unfortunately it wasn't really relevant to the resolution. The debate was not regarding if they should speak or not with teachers permission, but rather whether they should be allowed to talk at all. Con, while presenting sound arguments, failed to really address the resolution because of this. When matched with his forfeit, the scale was tipped in favor of Pro. Sources - Tie. Neither utilized sources in this debate.