EAT_IT_SUKA
Elphaba

Students Should be Able to Have Snacks During Class

EAT_IT_SUKA

Con

I have seen this debate before (it was made by hlcheatham), but I never accepted it. Now I want to debate it. Alright, this debate is a direct challenge to hlcheatham, the creator of the original debate.

*Edit: the original creator has never accepted this debate. It is now anybody's debate*

Conditions:
Acceptance: This debate should be impossible to accept. If you find a way to accept it without my permission, I will receive all 7 points in votes. If you want to accept this debate, ask me in the comments section (don't PM me). I will do a raffle and randomly accept an opponent. If a person accepts this debate with my permission, then the person accepts all conditions and definitions, and will follow the structure of this debate.

Theses: My thesis is: 'students should not be able to eat snacks during class.' My opponent's thesis is: 'students should be able to eat snacks during class.'

Limits: A post can contain 10 000 characters and both me and my opponent only have 24 hours to respond to a post. Do not ask me to change the time to argue

Forfeiting: No forfeiting. Any forfeiting results in 7 points being voted towards the non-offender

Definitions: All of the definitions I provide in the first round only apply in the context of the resolution; the definitions may or may not apply in any other situation

Definition Presenting: My opponent may not present any of their own definitions. If my opponent wants a word defined, then (s)he shall ask me to define it

Formality: This is a formal debate. No insulting the other opponent.

Any violation of any condition or ignoring the structure of the debate or the definitions (see below) will result in 7 points being voted towards the non-offender

Structure:
Round 1) Acceptance

Round 2) Opening Arguments--No Rebuttals
Round 3) More Arguments/Rebuttals
Round 4) Rebuttals/Summary of Arguments

Definitions:
Be able to: Be allowed to by a person with more authority

Snacks: Any kind of food eaten between breakfast, lunch or dinner, typically smaller than any meal made for breakfast, lunch or dinner

Class: A period of time in which students are learning about a particular subject or unit within a subject (eg: The subject is Science, the unit is structures, or matter, and et cetera). School partying, goofing off, having free time, not learning about a particular subject or a unit within a subject, etc. is not class.

I wish good luck to my opponent. Again, anybody interested in debating this should enter the raffle in the comments, and not by a personal message, or PM. Ask me if you want any word defined. If the word is related to the debate and is important to you to be defined, then I will do so. Thank you.

Elphaba

Pro

Students should be able to have snacks during class because putting food in the body can re-energize the brain. A re-energized brain = a better student.
EAT_IT_SUKA

Con

PRO, why did you accept this debate? Did you miss the 'this debate should be impossible to accept. If you find a way to accept it without my permission, I will receive all 7 points in votes,' and the 'Any violation of any condition or ignoring the structure of the debate or the definitions (see below) will result in 7 points being voted towards the non-offender.' This is quite ignorant of you. Not only am I not thrilled with debating a person who cannot follow rules, but I am swamped for the next 2 days with work, and I don't really have time for debating. I was going to debate with you when I realized how much work have, but I will say, I was on the edge with debating you already, but the amount of work I have was the end of it.I may restart this debate somewhere down the road, but for now, I should be getting all 7 points in votes when this is in the challenge period.
Elphaba

Pro

Elphaba forfeited this round.
EAT_IT_SUKA

Con

EAT_IT_SUKA forfeited this round.
Elphaba

Pro

Elphaba forfeited this round.
EAT_IT_SUKA

Con

EAT_IT_SUKA forfeited this round.
Elphaba

Pro

Elphaba forfeited this round.
Posted by EAT_IT_SUKA 1 year ago
EAT_IT_SUKA
Oh my god, I take back what I said about still debating PRO. I am absolutely swamped.
Posted by EAT_IT_SUKA 1 year ago
EAT_IT_SUKA
And what does 'configure it correctly' mean?
Posted by EAT_IT_SUKA 1 year ago
EAT_IT_SUKA
I don't know either. I guess I will use a larger font in later rounds.
Posted by BearWithMe 1 year ago
BearWithMe
@EAT_IT_SUKA Uh, no. You should have configured it correctly, and I don't see why you decided to use such small print.
Posted by EAT_IT_SUKA 1 year ago
EAT_IT_SUKA
Well, it looks as if somebody has accepted this debate without my permission. Well, I will still debate him/her, but I will ask voters to consider this when voting (easy conduct points to me).
Posted by FireMage 1 year ago
FireMage
I'd like to accept
Posted by Himans45 1 year ago
Himans45
I may be interested in accepting, I'll have to make sure I'm not busy this weekend.
Posted by EAT_IT_SUKA 1 year ago
EAT_IT_SUKA
Does that mean you want to debate this topic?
Posted by uni-corn 1 year ago
uni-corn
Wow! What a fascinating debate topic.
Posted by EAT_IT_SUKA 1 year ago
EAT_IT_SUKA
It wasn't my idea. I saw a series of debates of this topic, so I decided to debate it myself.