Students Should be Allowed to Have Their Cell Phones at School

First round is for acceptance.

All definitions will be used in context of the resolution.

Standard conduct applies, including no trolling.

I accept the challenge, not all students should be allowed to use cellphones at school

The topic is vague because it does not specify what or who the students you are reffering to so I assume all individual who go to school are considered students

First of all pupils from kindergarten and from special education class are not supposed to use cellphones in school

In like fashion, military schools prohibit the use of mobile phone to instill discipline among their students.

Lastly, training schools such as paramedics or emt, fly school and many more will not allow you to bring or use mobile phones for logical reasons.

I will expound and add more argument after your second round.

This is the argument from my former account xXCryptoXx. This argument was not plagiarized; for it is my own work being used on this account that I created.

As a note, this debate is referencing only public and private schools that are for children of various grades, most traditionally pre-k through senior in high school. The standard school system is what is being used in context of the resolution.

As I stated in Round 1, all definitions would be taken in context of the resolution. There is has been debate of whether or not cell phones would be implemented in the schools I mentioned above, so those schools are in context of the resolution. In addition, this debate is not about schools like medical school or military schools, for those schools are not the general context of the usage of the word school nor has there been debate about whether those schools should implement cell phone usage or not.

Now onto my arguments.

Cell Phones Are Great For the Ease of Students

This is obviously going to be the biggest argument and it is quite simple.

It is common knowledge that people are busy. Allowing students to have cell phones with them allows them to schedule things and make important contact with extreme ease. For example if your parents thought they needed to pick you up at 3:00 P.M, but didn’t know you had to stay after school to finish a test; that could have been a problem easily solved if the student had had the ability to contact his parents in order to tell them he would have to stay after school a while. Its also not limited to the student, if the parent is running late or cannot pick their child up from school for any reason, or even if there is a family emergency they should be able to contact their child.

Cell phones allow a huge burden to be taken off parents and students, by allowing them to schedule things and contact others quickly and efficiently; something that could not be done without cell phones.

In the case of an emergency, such as medical problems, a school shooting, ect. students will be able to quickly and efficiently be able to contact authorities which allows some order to the chaos around them and can save lives while increasing the chance that the perpetrator is caught.

Gives Students Choice and Responsibility

By allowing students to possess phones during school, this gives them the opportunity to mature and learn responsibility. With the ability to possess cell phones, punishment for using cell phones during inappropriate times will be active. This gives students the choice to either use or not use their phones during inappropriate times. If they are caught and reprimanded then it gives them a chance to grow in maturity. Allowing cell phones forces students to be responsible with their phones, and learn from mistakes they make. This allows students to mature and grow in responsibility.

All The Benefits Without the Consequences

If it is found that students cannot be trusted to use their cell phones appropriately then school rules can be placed in order to deter cell phone use during class. For example, students may be forced to turn off their phones and place it on their desk during class. This takes away the problem of students playing on their phones or being distracted by their phones during class, while still providing the benefits of students being able to use their phones after school or in the case of an emergency.

alfred311 forfeited this round.

Its hard to debate when you are only laying the definition of school after my argument, there are many schools. I wonder if you are also including the special education class for children and adults with mental/physical problems. And I also wonder why you exclude military, police, medical and other schools, it is still standard school by context.

Assuming you are only referring to the k-senior school, students from kindergarten should still not be allowed to bring phones, they can easily be distracted by this gadget at a very young age, I wonder if you are going to exclude kindergarten from the debate after I said this.

I already stated that "school" in the context of this debate means a k-12th grade school, since that is where general debate revolves around regarding cell phone usage.

It woulsd appear that my opponent neglected to read my argument because I already stated that if cell phones are being used innapropriately then the school has every right to implement stricter rules regarding cell phone usage in order to deter innapropriate cell phone use while still keeping the benefits cell phones provide.

alfred311 forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: complete ff