Vlad777
Chuwilliams

Students are required to wear a uniform

Vlad777

Pro

I think so because the form shows the credibility of the institution.
Chuwilliams

Con

I accept. First, I want to give a definition. Then, I will give a brief overview of my argument.

Credibility - The quality of being trusted and believed in.

Based on the above definition, I do not believe that school uniforms show credibility. Furthermore, there are other things that can show more credibility than school uniforms (which I will explain in my 2nd round argument).

I await my opponent's next argument.
Vlad777

Pro

Secondly, educational institutions with a uniform that's a whole other level. Because the form shows discipline, and at the present time is a serious discipline in life.
Chuwilliams

Con

Rebuttal 1: Uniforms Do Not Show Credibility

You said: "I think so because the form shows the credibility of the institution."

There's nothing about a uniform that will cause someone to trust in or believe in a school. Schools, especially colleges and universities, are considered credible because of academics, financial aid packages, countrwide/worldwide exposure, sports teams, teacher to student ratio, and religious ties.

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com...

For example, with the link above, you will find a list of US News's highest ranked colleges and universities in the US. For US News, one of the most prominent news websites, to rank a college or university as one of the best in the US, that means that US News TRUSTS AND BELIEVES in that college, which means that the college has credibility. Of the colleges on that list, none of them are on the list because of uniforms. They are on the list because of the reasons I previously listed in my first paragraph. Therefore, uniforms don't show the credibility to be required in every school.

Rebuttal 2: Uniforms Do Not Show Discipline

You said: "Secondly, educational institutions with a uniform that's a whole other level. Because the form shows discipline, and at the present time is a serious discipline in life."

Discipline: Obeying the rules or code of behavior.

The clothes that someone wears does not determine that he or she has discipline. How does wearing a certain type of clothing show that one obeys the rules of a certain code of behavior? Simply put, it doesn't.

Likewise, one could have bad discipline even though they wear a uniform. Examples of bad discipline that someone in school could have include insubordination, showing up late, not doing work, or doing something illegal (ex. drugs and underage drinking). There's nothing that a uniform can do that will make someone be of good discipline if they are participating in one of the previously mentioned activities. If someone wears a uniform but doesn't have discipline, then clearly, uniforms don't show discipline.

Contention 1: No Good Reason to Require School Uniforms/Uniforms Are A Waste Of Money

In my 2nd round argument, I have explained why both of your reasons that requiring a school uniform would be beneficial are not valid. Therefore, there are no GOOD and LOGICALLY SOUND reasons for requiring a school uniform. If there isn't a good reason to require school uniforms, then the transition to requiring school uniforms shouldn't be attempted. Not only is there no point in doing so, but it is also a waste of money. Due to the economic hardships of the United States, money should only be used for wise investments. School uniforms, based on what I've previously stated, aren't wise investments.

In conclusion: I have explained why both of my opponent's reasons for requiring school uniforms are not valid. I have also stated that schools uniforms are pointless and a waste of money. My opponent must defend his previous claims and explain why my claims are false. I await my opponent's final argument.
Vlad777

Pro

Vlad777 forfeited this round.
Chuwilliams

Con

Extend all arguments.
Posted by snickers 3 years ago
snickers
yes i agree with vlad777 as it is important for an institution to maintain a uniform as it shows that everyone is equal and there is no discrimination on the basis of creed ,caste,gender,colour,religion etc.