ameliadrew
vinsha001

Students have learned how to WhatsApp but forgotten how to communicate.

Started: 10/17/2015 Category: Technology

ameliadrew

Con

In my opinion WhatsApp has not really affected students' socialism. Students keep meeting almost every day and spend enough time socializing with each other. Chatting with your friends for a few minutes every day does not in any way affect the students. Also students can share missed school work with each other for free and instantly.
vinsha001

Pro

Whatsapp has influenced a lot of students. Students while writing exams forget the simple spellings e.g. because. They write coz or becz instead of writing the correct spelling. Some students struggle as they do not remember the correct spelling of simple words. This leads to deduction in marks. So I completely reject my oppositions remark that the wrong communication on whatsapp does not actually effect students.
ameliadrew

Con

My worthy opponent here says that WhatsApp is influencing students in their studies and they are now having trouble with simple spellings due to repeated usage of acronyms while chatting. But this is no way preventing students from interacting with one another as spellings do not really matter during face-to-face interaction. So I completely reject that Whatsapp is making student anti-social.
vinsha001

Pro

What you practice is what you perform. If you practice speaking in a wrong manner in front of your friend you will do the same when you need to speak formally. If you learn the spelling of "right" as "rite" won't you use the same in front of the public?? So let's practice the right thing anytime and anywhere even in front of our friends.
ameliadrew

Con

ameliadrew forfeited this round.
vinsha001

Pro

vinsha001 forfeited this round.