pattjk
THE_OPINIONATOR

Students should NOT be able to bring the bible or any other holy book too public schools

pattjk

Pro

A thank anyone who accepts my open challenge. My stance on the subject is that public schools are one of the only places these days where students of all ages can get away from the prejudiced world outside. If students are allowed to bring holy books into school stating their religion is the only one, it could GREATLY offend anyone of the similar belief.
I, once again, thank whoever accepts this. I hope we have a good debate.
THE_OPINIONATOR

Con

Students should be able to bring holy books in school to be able to learn about differemt religion and culture. I will post my argument in the next round so that both my opponent and I can have the same amount of argument rounds.
pattjk

Pro

I thank my opponent for accepting my challenge.
To start, I would like to state that I am an openly nonreligious person and I don't mean to offend anyone by this debate.
Anyways....

My contentions:

1.) As you stated in your previous post, students should learn about different cultures from around the world. I couldn't agree with you more. But there is more culture than holy books. (clothes, currency, history, etc,.) Students should also be able to learn the basic concepts of different religions WITHOUT bringing holy documents in.

2.) Students now a days can never be trusted holy books such as these. If someone brings in a bible, they are bound to read it out loud to someone, and a bystander child could easily hear it. You may be thinking: " WELL NOW, THAT'S JUST SILLY, THAT CHILD IS TOO SENSITIVE". Religion is one of the most sensitive topics you can bring up right now in America. They have a good excuse to be offended.

3.) One word: violence. It happens in schools. A lot. And a very big reason for violence in a lot of schools is religion. A big group of hip christians beat the bejebus out of a jewish child, or something like that. Taking away ability to bring religious material to school may bring down violence levels and increase tolerance.
THE_OPINIONATOR

Con

1. " Students should also be able to learn the basic concepts of different religions WITHOUT bringing holy documents in." this would be very hard to do considering that the text in the bible or any other books contain the history and beliefs of a religion. In order to learn about a religion you would have to bring up parts of it, witch is still referring to a holy book or document even though there is no copy. Some basic concepts of religion would still bring a reference to a holy book or document.

2. " Students now a days can never be trusted holy books such as these. If someone brings in a bible, they are bound to read it out loud to someone, and a bystander child could easily hear it." This refers to the freedom of religion witch is clearly stated in the first amendment of the constitution. If the child is not of that faith he or she can choose not to listen. My opponent may rebuttal with "you cannot bring religion into schools due to separation of church and state" well this is not truly separation government officials take off for religious holidays and on Sundays. The government should work these days if they are truly separated from the church. The United states was built on the concept of religion so therefore the government and the church will never be separate.
http://www.usconstitution.net...

3. "One word: violence. It happens in schools. A lot. And a very big reason for violence in a lot of schools is religion. A big group of hip christians beat the bejebus out of a jewish child, or something like that. Taking away ability to bring religious material to school may bring down violence levels and increase tolerance." First of all christians believe in God and god was Jewish. My opponent did not used a good example of violence in school due to religion and I ask that he come up with a true instance of violence in school due to religion. In Germany you are required to take a religion or ethnics classes. America needs to require this in there curriculum, that way people will learn about religion and they will not have a reason to fight because of beliefs.
pattjk

Pro

pattjk forfeited this round.
THE_OPINIONATOR

Con

My opponent has failed to post his argument. I ask that you read my round two argument and vote PRO because without holy books in school kids would not be able to learn about different cultures in school.
Posted by DS28 6 years ago
DS28
um..... by the looks of it i would say that pattjk is most likey to win
Vote Placed by zach12 6 years ago
zach12
pattjkTHE_OPINIONATORTied
Vote Placed by Fallshock24 6 years ago
Fallshock24
pattjkTHE_OPINIONATORTied
Vote Placed by innomen 6 years ago
innomen
pattjkTHE_OPINIONATORTied