armabru2
thedeadpool10

Students should be able to grade their teachers

armabru2

Pro

Grade the teachers! I think we as students should be able to grade our teachers. Not because they are mean, how they dress or so on. We should grade them on their performance of teaching. Are they explaining the work they want us to do? Are they actually teaching us something valuable and not wasting our time? In that form of grading, I do think we should be able to. I don't think it is fair how there are teachers who have been teaching for so many years and all their students fail. That is a sign that the teacher isn't doing something right.
thedeadpool10

Con

Students should grade their teachers? what's the point of even having government paid. Teachers are paid to teach you. They aren't paid for you to throw around your opinion about them. Maybe you don't like your teacher, its only one class for one year. You have different teachers in different classes. Teachers don't need to be graded either because if they mess up and don't do a good job, well they get the pink slip.
armabru2

Pro

There is more then one way a student can learn. If someone learns something from being hands on and doing it, sitting in a desk being lectured at isn't going to benifit them in any way, shape, or form. But, just because someone does learn in a different manner, then the teachers should be able to know that how they are teaching a given topic isn't working for all students that they have. I'm not trying to say every teacher is awful at what they do, I'm just simply saying that there are teachers out there that need to know how they teach isn't working. Yeah you'll have those kids that always Jack around and don't do anything. But I'm talking about the kids that try so hard, but don't get anywhere in the class because they can't understand what they are supposed to be learning.
thedeadpool10

Con

There's a thing called an IEP an "Individualized learning plan" it is 100% free and gives the student many beneficial ways to learn. You can take tests in other rooms and have somebody work with you on your work. Students can also inform their teacher if they have a problem with the way (s)he teaches. The kids who try hard and don't get anywhere just need a little boost, but grading a teacher is not a way of fixing the problem.
armabru2

Pro

armabru2 forfeited this round.
thedeadpool10

Con

thedeadpool10 forfeited this round.
armabru2

Pro

armabru2 forfeited this round.
thedeadpool10

Con

thedeadpool10 forfeited this round.
armabru2

Pro

armabru2 forfeited this round.
thedeadpool10

Con

thedeadpool10 forfeited this round.
Posted by kmurf0308 2 years ago
kmurf0308
As a student, I would love to say that me grading a teacher is safe for the school system... but it isnt. Teens and children are to naive and dont want a teacher that will be able to push their limits and actually structure them with a good work ethic. So many kids are lazy now, that bad teachers would get good grades as long as they are easy.
Posted by americanmade23 2 years ago
americanmade23
there is no need to grade teachers, if you aren't learning then most likely it's your fault not the teacher's.